Can some body help me
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Nov. 15, 2021, 10:07 p.m.

I have been thinking about this for some time with no answer

Just a couple yrs ago, nobody heard the word shortage. Or ships waiting to unload or a host of empty store shelves etc. Today my wife says certain name brand foods are no longer in stock

Anybody tried to buy a new vechicle. What is the wait time. Used to be only if you ordered a special built to order vechicle you might wait a couple  months Most just found a vechicle on the lot. New or used. And it  lost value the day you drove it off the lot. Today it might be worth more in a couple yrs. Some dealers sell a new truck for more than list price. No more dickering on price around these parts. My low mileage truck is worth more than I paid for it, 5 yrs ago. But wait until you ask what the difference in price for a new truck. That is sticker shock

Appliances, forget seeing the store stocked with all kinds of models etc to choose from. We have been waiting since our order went in mid summer and still no stove or oven has showed up

So what has changed our world so much that we have shortages in almost every thing

The freebie money has mostly run out or been spent, so cash burning a hole in your pocket is almost gone.

Another thing is it used to be good business to have a rainy day fund for unexpected expenses. On the farm a poor yr and a rainy day fund got you going until next yrs crop. We always set aside a % of crop sales for a rainy day fund. Some yrs was mighty small set aside, but we tried

Today your cash loses value just sitting in the bank to inflation. Everything costs more next yr. So why have a rainy day fund that buys less next yr?? Even machinery used to  be the most expensive expense on the farm due to depreciation. We bought a used tractor approx 5 yrs ago, put over 3000 hrs on it and that tractor is worth what we paid 5 yrs ago. So we kept that tractor.,  when we needed another replacement. Yrs. ago we would never keep a spare tractor, but if it doesn't lose value and int cost is almost nothing, why not keep it. It is paid for.. What is to lose?? Good used tractors are becoming in short supply so the value is there

What the heck has changed the way we go about our daily lives and business decisions we make, especially with all the shortages that for the life of me, why do we have shortages

What has changed in the last couple yrs?? to cause such a shortage of so many things

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 15, 2021, 10:11 p.m.
Like Reply

I try to not buy much new stuff Wayne and am not up on the latest regarding this.

By 7475 - Nov. 16, 2021, 5:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Yeah Wanye Ive been harping on this for a while now with my friends.

Things dont add up to the degree we see supply disruptions.

Sure, some is due to boomers bugging out of the system a couple years early and being able to "manage".

But dont tell me all these truck drivers who support families are opting for a pink slip so that they can milk 2 more months of UE or stimulus when their employers present that ultimatum when the boss calls them back. 

Something stinks

John