1st Amendment
16 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Nov. 16, 2021, 6:54 a.m.

"If we are going to have one nation under God, which we must, we have to have one religion,"  -  General Michael Flynn

Did he take a high school civics course?

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 16, 2021, 7:18 a.m.
Like Reply

That one comment by him is enough to blow any credibility.

By mcfarm - Nov. 16, 2021, 7:43 a.m.
Like Reply

so if accurate that comment is way below Flynn and hope it proves to be another hoax...where is the documentation?

well here is some from J Turley and he is plenty good enough for me   

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/11/14/michael-flynn-we-must-have-one-religion/

kind of sad really for him to say it

By TimNew - Nov. 16, 2021, 10:28 a.m.
Like Reply

That statement in incompatable with the founding principles of this nation.   If he truely said that, in that context,  I am more than dissapoionted.

By metmike - Nov. 16, 2021, 11:40 a.m.
Like Reply

I was actually going to start a thread on this yesterday but decided to pass on it and go on to more positive posts at the time.

But am extraordinarily grateful to joj for starting this thread because it also shows the almost total lack of coverage by all the far right sites, which is why you guys were skeptical at first. There are actually dozens of links/sites covering it, with his actual comments...........almost none of them from the right, especially far right that completely ignored it..........which brings up an even better point than the fact that he even stated  this..........biased, one side (lack of) coverage.

I'm glad to see that you guys condemn the comment.......thanks!

Michael Flynn Demands 'One Religion Under God' At Far-Right Rally

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michael-flynn-demands-one-religion-050401378.html

Business Insider

https://www.businessinsider.com/carl-bernstein-says-michael-flynns-comment-on-religion-are-stupefying-2021-11

Spectrum News

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2021/11/15/flynn-comments-religion-condemnation-texas

Times of Israel

https://www.timesofisrael.com/michael-flynn-calls-for-us-to-have-one-religion-sparks-outrage-from-jewish-groups/

The Wrap

https://www.thewrap.com/michael-flynn-us-one-religion-argument/

CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/15/politics/michael-flynn-one-religion/index.html

'It's so stupefying' - Carl Bernstein says

Trump looked for people to 'facilitate his authoritarian impulse' after Michael Flynn said the US needs one religion

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/it-s-so-stupefying-carl-bernstein-says-trump-looked-for-people-to-facilitate-his-authoritarian-impulse-after-michael-flynn-said-the-us-needs-one-religion/ar-AAQHuD0

Michael Flynn says of the US: 'We have to have one religion'

By Rachel Scully - 11/13/21 09:21 PM EST  

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/581443-michael-flynn-says-of-the-us-we-have-to-have-one-religion

metmike: There are actually dozens more but I didn't see it covered by FOX or other far right sources(could be there but I honestly looked and didn't find it)........this explains why you guys didn't know yet earlier this morning. Note the dates on the articles, some are the 14th a few sources were from the 13th(Saturday-today is Tuesday). I knew about this comment early Monday, many others did on Sunday. Those at the rally knew on Saturday. 

But there was a news black out of it on many far right sources...............it's that tribalism thing again we type about. Can't say anything bad about anybody on our side.........instead, we have to protect them..........even when they are wrong.

By TimNew - Nov. 16, 2021, 12:05 p.m.
Like Reply

There is no room for debate on something like this.  There are no gray areas,  no wiggle room, no spin that can justify it.   

It's ironic that the constitution gives him every right to state an opinion like this, when it's a verbal assault of so many of the fundamental principles of the document.

I'm still looking for a full video of the speech. Everywhere I look,  it's the same 26 second clip.  He was not done talking.  I'm hoping he clarified, in a positive manner, what is otherwise a ridiculous statement.

By metmike - Nov. 16, 2021, 12:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Is the news black out of this huge deal statement by  far right sources a big deal?

Only if you're getting all your news from far right sources.

It's the quinnessential example of what goes on every day at these sites. PERFECT example of it.

Same thing at far left information sites.

There are a dozen+ different news stories to cover every day. News sources have to decide which ones are newsworthy based on the messages they want to send out. Unbiased sources.... and there are many will just send the news...........as the news and not worry about messaging.

But the biased ones......far left/right will make messaging the TOP priority because they know that people come to their sites FOR THE MESSAGES. 

It determines ratings, which means everything for these FOR profits businesses but many actually  believe in the messages too, NO DOUBT. After awhile,  anybody would convince themselves of what they are embracing, just out of conditioning of the mind.

You might think this was just an exception and what we will likely see, is Flynn reacting to the backlash by taking back the statement and saying he didn't really mean it the way.

He clearly DID mean it that way, in my opinion (because it was a far right rally of almost all like minded,  far right Christians, where he couldn't help but share his true feelings).

Again, its not just that he stated it but how it resulted in the news black out that gives it profound meaning.

You all remember the news black out of Hunter Bidens obvious corruption  by the MSM back in October of 2020 because it was before the election?

Its easy to recognize other peoples(sources) blatant bias. 

It's almost impossible to see our own(sources) blatant bias.

But this is just the tip of the iceberg.  The Big Lie/fake steal  stories have been going on for over a year. Anti COVID vaxx information all year. 

Those items are 10,000 times more important than what a far right guy said at one far right rally 3 days ago.

But its laid bare, how the far right covers ALL stories...........all colluding together like one big group think entity to state the same things and repeat them so that the effect of the propaganda is maximized. 

If there are several similar sites, saying the same thing...........IT MUST BE TRUE!

And they are all saying the MSM is covering it up/censoring the truth.........so IT MUST BE TRUE. 

We all want to fight for good/honest causes. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they were ALL based on the objective truths?

Not SOME OF THEM being manufactured realities (propaganda) based on entities who know how to manipulate us by the way that they cover the news.

Do fight for just causes and your wonderful political ideologies but always use the objective truths, authentic science and facts to base it on.

The  great overall position goes to crap when it starts adding individual causes that are completely manufactured with big fat lies.

By mikempt - Nov. 16, 2021, 12:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Religon is a scam,used to control people!

By metmike - Nov. 16, 2021, 12:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Mike.

And it works:

I liked this person's quotes about it best:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77011/#77544

By metmike - Nov. 16, 2021, 12:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Is this the type of person with the character traits and credibility that you want for people leading the charge and speaking out for your position?

Whether you like it or not, he is very widely followed by the far right and he does represent the causes of the right.

Alex Jones paying the price for his blatant DISinformation/lies            

Started by metmike - Nov. 15, 2021, 6:44 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77858/

By metmike - Nov. 16, 2021, 1:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much Tim.

I agree that we need to see the entire speech.

If he clarified in a different way later on, that would trump what could have just been a mistatement even though it seems unlikely.

I expect that he knows better than everybody what his comment caused and will likely go thru some sort of justification that he didn't mean what is sounded like he meant.

No way is he going to come out and double down, saying that only Christianity should be allowed. He'll lose everything.

But this, to me might be like somebody at a meeting that has alot of White Supremacists attending, using the N word to refer to blacks out of hatred........because it fit in with the belief system of the vast majority there.

What would they say?

I only said it because of the crowd and I knew that language would help get my other, more important points across.

If Flynn comes back with that sort of excuse, it doesn't "fly" with me or objective people.

He can try to take it back and say that he meant something else...........which would be better than actually insisting on it but he's not a cerebrally faltering guy like BIden that constantly says things by mistake.

And the statement comes from a guy, based on his history and previous statements, that would think exactly like this.

But if we hear things later in the speech that totally contradict this statement, we should give him the benefit of the doubt...............but again, for me it's like "who cares what one far right guy said at one far right rally"

The profound lesson came from..............how it was (NOT) reported by all the far right sites that did a black out on coverage.

It will likely come up now though.

By metmike - Nov. 16, 2021, 2:09 p.m.
Like Reply

This is exactly the same thing that Alex Jones is using.

The Trump Card: How white evangelicals are being played

https://baptistnews.com/article/the-trump-card-how-white-evangelicals-are-being-played/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAys2MBhDOARIsAFf1D1dWJl0DU8rO8SbpFU7rjKKsvOI94DT9h8ij_LsCazcoJ6LIwGUf9CYaAvocEALw_wcB#.YZQA8rpME2w

As a Christian leader, I will not be silent about the current state of white evangelicalism in America. I must lay out the facts, clearly and succinctly. Due to the rise of Donald Trump and Trumpism, white American evangelicalism has been exposed for what it really is: a socio-political movement primarily motivated by power and fear.

Author Kristin Kobes Du Mez said, “Despite evangelicals’ frequent claims that the Bible is the source of their social and political commitments, evangelicalism must be seen as a cultural and political movement, rather than as a community defined chiefly by its theology.”

Joel Bowman Sr.

Gone are the days when white American evangelicals en masse could claim to be primarily concerned with the four theological distinctives outlined in David Bebbington’s Evangelical Quadrilateral. These distinctives are: (1) the belief that human beings need to be converted or “born again” (conversionism), (2) the belief that one’s faith in Christ must be shared, in word and deed (activism), (3) a high regard for the Bible as the ultimate authority (biblicism), and, 4) the belief that redemption is through Christ’s atoning death on the Cross (crucicentrism).

While there are certainly white evangelicals for whom the aforementioned distinctives are paramount, the evangelical movement as a whole is structured around the acquisition and maintenance of political power. Also, the evangelical movement is animated by fear or a perceived threat to the social order.

To understand how 81% of white evangelicals voted for Trump in both the 2016 and 2020 presidential elections, we need to go back to the 1980 election, for historical context. White evangelicals’ insatiable thirst for political power led two-thirds of them to support the twice-married Ronald Reagan who rarely attended church services and to reject the born-again Southern Baptist Sunday school teacher, Jimmy Carter.

metmike: When Trump did the PR thing about law and order............he was a fish out of water talking about religion and God(that he has never practiced himself) to suck in gullible Christians. 

Nobody expects an authentic  Jimmy Carter Christian....which is actually why I voted for the man back when I was a dem(actually, they want the opposite politics) but give me a break on his fake Christianity. 

However, you can bet the house that Flynn is the real deal........only to an extent of being a fanatical ZEALOT. 

By metmike - Nov. 16, 2021, 4:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Take most of this stuff with a grain of salt at Wikipedia but when topics on anything come up here.........I love to spend hours on research just for the sake of learning new things, especially if I can share something new on the topic here.

I also cherish the ability to learn NEW things and store them in my brain while its still able to learn new things!

I so wish that the internet was invented 40 years earlier but on the other hand am even more grateful, as we all should be that it happened DURING OUR LIFETIME.

So here is the item immediately below that blew my mind out of this huge article(that he applied for the VP job) BTW, I think that Mike Pence could not have been a better choice for Trump:

Michael Flynn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Flynn

In July 2016, it was reported he was being considered as Trump's running mate; Flynn later confirmed that he had submitted vetting documents to the campaign and, although a registered Democrat, was willing to accept the Republican vice-presidential nomination if chosen.[108][109] However, Trump instead selected Indiana GovernorMike Pence.

metmike: It's hard to know how much of the stuff in the article is entirely true but it does give us enough background information, so that objective people, can filter out all the potentially slanderous/speculative stuff and still get a good idea of who this guy really is.............and the statement he made 3 days ago matches up with this.

I still think that Mueller targeted him for political reasons, regardless to indicate that I think even far right whacko's deserve to be treated fairly.

The description below may contain some embellishment but it shows that Flynn is a very dangerous man:

On July 4, 2020, Flynn pledged an oath to the pro-Trump QAnon conspiracy theory,[37] and as Trump sought to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in which he was defeated, Flynn suggested the president should suspend the Constitution, silence the press, and hold a new election under military authority.[38] Flynn later met with Trump and their attorney Powell in the Oval Office to discuss the president's options. Trump denied reports that Flynn's martial law idea had been discussed.[39][40][41] On January 8, 2021, Twitter permanently banned Flynn, Powell and others who promoted QAnon."

By metmike - Nov. 16, 2021, 4:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Michael Flynn is now pushing a conspiracy that Covid vaccines will be placed in salad dressings

https://news.yahoo.com/michael-flynn-now-pushing-conspiracy-215759970.html

metmike: An off the wall statement for sure but we after getting a pretty good idea of this guys mindset. For me, at least, with regards to this comment by Flynn 3 days ago, it's not "did he really mean that?" but more of "why wouldn't he have meant exactly that?"

But again, also for me its not that big of a deal for a far right guy, known to say lots of extreme things for years and believe in all sorts of conspiracy theories. to say something extreme at a far right rally.

It's the lack of coverage/black out of discussion by the far right media on the comment.

Like Hunter news was blacked out in October 2020 and since  to protect Joe.........Flynn news is being blacked out by the other side  to protect Trump/the far right.

Just more evidence of this:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77011/#77012

By metmike - Nov. 16, 2021, 8:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Just a refresher(that might no be needed) on the left doing a news blackout to protect their interests.

More smoking gun evidence on Bidens            

78 responses |                1046 likes            

Started by metmike - Oct. 14, 2020, 7:39 p.m.   

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60077/

By mcfarm - Nov. 17, 2021, 3:03 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/what-you-and-pretty-much-everyone-else-missed-about-michael-flynns-remarks-on-religion

here is one of the better summaries of what happened at the Flynn speech. It also has the entire speech at the 652 mark. Now as to the source I know there will some that come running with there hair on fire and declare they are not to be trusted. I don't know just thought this summary was good. Flynn's own words do put a different light on it. His words might have awkward but if you put it in a larger context {1 religion that stands to morally protect everyone} now if he meant this or that who knows but it was definitely taken out of context

By metmike - Nov. 17, 2021, 3:22 p.m.
Like Reply

As expected/predicted. Thanks mcfarm.

No coverage by the right for several days/news black out because it was one of their guys(tribalism) , while the other side made him out to be the devil incarnate......then after it got passed around.......damage control coverage to twist it like a pretzel to tell us what he REALLY meant by his side. He never said that in the speech but we are to believe thats what he meant and that doesn't even matter to me and can never be resolved anyway.  Its possible he did mean that. I/we can't know for sure.

One side will believe one version, the other side will believe the opposite version.

That was MY POINT. Not that he said it or what he meant but how the 2 different sides, especially the media covered it...............just like with the Hunter Biden stories.

Same person, same words or in Hunters case, same actions, same evidence............2 absolutely opposite interpretations.

Again, I'm not saying only the right does it but those on the right insist that only the left does it and vice versa.

I'm am not taking either side..........just making objective observations as an independant scientist of 40 years............and trying to crack open some tough minds one one side  to see that BOTH sides are doing the same thing.