Kamala/Biden in 2024? How about the GOP?
14 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 20, 2021, 8:43 p.m.

'Open panic' about Kamala Harris' 2024 chances is getting louder

https://www.sfgate.com/national-politics/article/Kamala-Harris-2024-primary-Buttigieg-Warren-Booker-16635059.php

Biden is way over the hill and Kamala really isn't cut out with the leadership, communication and/or cerebral abilities to be a president.

Her best chance and Biden's too,  if he was crazy enough to run again, would be if republican's run Trump.

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 20, 2021, 8:53 p.m.
Like Reply

More Democrats in new poll want someone other than Biden as party's presidential nominee

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/579440-poll-more-democrats-in-new-poll-want-someone-other-than-biden-as-partys

"While many Democrats are skeptical of Biden’s strength as a candidate in the 2024 presidential race, Republicans are largely behind Trump. Fifty percent of GOP voters and Republican-leaning independents say that nominating the former president would give them their best chance at victory. Another 35 percent say they would prefer to nominate somebody else."

Most of those same republicans, incredibly also believe the 2020 election was stolen from Trump based on............not a dang legit thing..........all made up and speculative narratives that have been  busted numerous times but get repeated at dishonest republican sites over and over and so people...........just believe it.

By metmike - Nov. 20, 2021, 9:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Democrats question whether Biden will actually run in 2024

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/582071-democrats-question-whether-biden-will-actually-run-in-2024

"It is mostly poll numbers and a disappointing outcome in November’s off-year elections that are elevating the discussion.  

More than half of registered voters — 53 percent — disapprove of the job Biden is doing in office, according to survey aggregates, with only 42 percent who say they are in favor of it.  

Sixty-one percent of respondents in a new Hill-HarrisX survey said they want Biden to step aside to allow another candidate to run for the White House. Just 24 percent said he should definitely run for reelection, with 15 percent unsure about what Biden should do in the next presidential cycle. 

“There’s a lot of people who would work for prospective Democratic candidates who are keeping a close eye on these things,” the former campaign staffer said. 

Biden won the 2020 nomination largely on the support of Black voters, who are a critical part of his power base. Some Democrats are now beginning to factor that into the equation of a future bid."

By metmike - Nov. 20, 2021, 9:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Potential 2024 GOP candidates take Election Day victory lap, lean into support of Donald Trump at Jewish Coalition

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/potential-2024-gop-candidates-election-day-victory-lap/story?id=80977476

“A lot of people have come here to audition,” said Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., Saturday night.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, former Ambassador Nikki Haley, Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and former Vice President Mike Pence all spoke at the event."

By metmike - Nov. 20, 2021, 9:09 p.m.
Like Reply
By joj - Nov. 20, 2021, 10:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Donald Trump won 39% of the Republican primary vote in 2016.  That's right!  39%!  But due to a large field and the winner take all rules in most GOP states, he won a majority of the delegates.  Given his loyal base, I don't see any scenario that would stop him, except possibly sitting in jail for tax fraud.  They'd probably nominate him anyway.  I could live with MD Republican governor Larry Hogan, but he wouldn't kiss Trump's rear so he won't win.  Former governor Chris Cristi is plain speaking and at least didn't go with the big lie.  The rest are pretty much with the insurrectionists.

I liked biden 20-30 years ago.  The senator who commuted on the train from Delaware in coach.  He's way past his prime now.  But I think he will run and I expect will be challenged by others.  Nobody in the Democratic field is standing out at this point but 2 years in politics is an eternity.  No one saw Obama's shooting star coming and boom!  No one believed Trump's rise either.  So who knows what's around the corner.

By metmike - Nov. 21, 2021, 1:57 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks joj!

How about other views?

By TimNew - Nov. 21, 2021, 5:51 a.m.
Like Reply

The rest are pretty much with the insurrectionists.

Gotta love nonesense like this, assuming what JOJ means is that either you believe in "election integrity" or you are an insurrectionist.

Pretty ignorant in the truest sense.   You have to ignore all the evidence of the failures in our electoral systems and you have to ignore all the statements condeming the Jan 6th rioters from the people who have objectively looked at all that evidence.

By metmike - Nov. 21, 2021, 6:49 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

Calling somebody ignorant and putting an emphasis on it is TOTALLY unacceptable and a direct personal attack on another poster that will absolutely not be tolerated here!!!

Is that clear?

I’ve seen how it is at other forums and social media  where anybody that disagrees with the politics, especially the politics of the majority of a group gets personally trashed and disrespected......and it’s getting worse not better.

This is not one of those places...comprende?

By joj - Nov. 21, 2021, 8:18 a.m.
Like Reply

I'll stick to my labeling of "insurrectionists" with the following fact:

A majority of Republicans voted to reject the electoral result.  They did this after 60 odd court rulings against Trump's lawyer's challenges.  And they did this after the attack on the capitol.  That's not just a few crazies on the far right.  It's the majority.  Which is to say the Republican main stream.  Republicans who object to the big lie are ostracized.  (See Cheney and Kinzinger)

However crazy the far left is, Clinton conceded on election night in 2016 and only 2 or 3 Democrats objected to the electoral results in approving the electors in January 2017.

Would you be less insulting to me if I used a term like seditionists instead of insurrectionists?

By mcfarm - Nov. 21, 2021, 9:11 a.m.
Like Reply

joj, Tim is simply and accurately saying you are not necessarily an insurrectionists {as probably 90 some % of repubs are not} to not think every vote was legal and counted. 

as far as the poll where is it and who was polled joj. As far as the new candidates at this point in time I see Desantis and Tim Scott as runaway winners....however Scott is going to have to prove he is black every day for the rest of his life. He will be lied about more than Clarence Thomas was and that would be epic

as far as Biden riding the rails like a regular guy and being some decent person we have been giving MM examples for months that prove that Joe Biden was the very same back then as he is now. A punk running a crime family to get rich. Living as an elite who is above the rules and laws we peons have to adhere to everyday.

By joj - Nov. 21, 2021, 11:21 a.m.
Like Reply

I made no mention of any polls.  

I was talking about the vote totals.  I mistakenly said Trump got 39% of the vote in the primaries against a large field.  That was probably a figure I remembered in the midst of the primaries.  As the field winnowed, Trump's share of the primary vote total increased to 44.9%.  The point is made though that he won the nomination and the general election with a minority of the vote.  And I believe, at this point, that he may very well repeat that in 2024.  But a year is an eternity in politics so it certainly could change.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2016_Republican_Party_presidential_primaries

As for polling the GOP field, there is none at this point as far as I know.  But the betting sites are a fairly decent indicator.  Predictit.org has Trump as the clear favorite with a 40% chance with DeSantis (also a Big lie peddler) a distant 2nd at 26%.  Nikki Haley, Ted Cruz and your guy Tim Scott are in the single digits.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7053/Who-will-win-the-2024-Republican-presidential-nomination

By TimNew - Nov. 21, 2021, 11:49 a.m.
Like Reply

Just to be clear,  I was calling the statement ignorant.  I honestly don't think JOJ is ignorant,  there's just a lot he knows that ain't so.

By metmike - Nov. 21, 2021, 12:52 p.m.
Like Reply

I’m out of town at my granddaughters cheer competition and will let you guys continue to respectfully disagree on this.

However, Tim you clearly are also a very intelligent man too and don’t need a review of the semantics to see why the offending post noted previously would be construed by many, including your moderator as a personal attack on a fellow, intelligent poster and human being sharing an intelligent thought.....you may disagree with the statement if it just ain’t so.....which is the perfect time to show your better authentic Data supported facts  to prove it just ain’t so.

Thanks for elaborating Tim!

By mcfarm - Nov. 21, 2021, 1:05 p.m.
Like Reply

how about 1 huge fact. If it was a true insurrection and not what it was {not} wouldn't there have been a huge collabortion, conversation, planning and most important arms of all sorts. Not the capitol security showing many people around and then shooting an unarmed x military women