Who knew............Santa is gay (-:
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 24, 2021, 1:26 p.m.
Comments
By mcfarm - Nov. 24, 2021, 2:07 p.m.
Like Reply

that ain't nothing, Santa is also a racist

By TimNew - Nov. 24, 2021, 2:13 p.m.
Like Reply

A racist homo?  HoHoHo..

IMO, this Ad is beyond stupid,  but par for the course.

By metmike - Nov. 24, 2021, 3:27 p.m.
Like Reply

I actually thought that it was clever.

By metmike - Nov. 25, 2021, 10:41 a.m.
Like Reply

I have some scientific and otherwise perspective to share on this.

When I grew up in the 70's, society was blatantly homophobic. My parents weren't openenly homophobic but like almost all Christians/religions, it was considered a sin and that included them too. 

I still have a couple of family members that feel that way.........."Love the sinner but hate the sin"(and pray for them).

My reality translation for that is "Hate the sin and judge the sinner".  What practicing gay person doesn't rightfully feel judged by people that assume they are sinning against God and going to hell but getting prayers in hopes that they will change their evil ways.........because the source of the prayers loves them so much and wants them to go to heaven. 

This is one of the biggest bullsheet, lack of sensitivity and full of ignorance/blind  statements in the history of religion(which has plenty of good things, so don't get me wrong on this particular item).

Jesus parables and Gospels have changed the world for the better more than any one person in history.......by a wide margin.

So I grew up being homophobic.....because I was taught to be that way.

However, as a soon to be scientist with an analytical mind, I was making observations of the real world.

I was a competitive bodybuilder and noted that this sport attracted a massive crown of "fags" as people back then referred to them. 

Because I was built this way and a good looking guy, I was hit on by several  women but even more so by aggressive gay men. I was repulsed by the thought of sex with these men but ended up interpreting it as compliments and great stories to tell my friends about the fags who tried to pick me up.

But I never felt threatened.........maybe just because I had a tremendous amount of self confidence (and a powerful body) and knew in every case, that I could kick their arse if they tried to get too  physical(several did-1 begged me to take money and 2 couldn't stop putting their hands on me) and there were a host of other stories.

I think taking their advances as a compliment was the first stage in not judging anymore. 

It's impossible to hate a person because they are raving over the results of your hard work at the gym and paying you massive compliments......even if they want your body and you aren't interested. 

Alot of the bodybuilding world took on this mentality.

These extremely masculine hulks that get up on stage and compete against each other in front of crowds and a large part of our adoring fans.............were gay. Which totally makes sense.

Many judges in the bodybuilding world were often gay! One that I knew semi personally because they contacted me after the contest I'd been in. 

So while the main population was still in denial about the extent of homosexuality, people involved in competitive bodybuilding were extremely aware of how prevalent it was.

I remember alot of discussions with straight bodybuilders or straight followers of the sport that noted this extraordinary reality (that the rest of the world was oblivious too) 

However, there was often this recognition that they shared the exact some love of the sport of bodybuilding that we did  and though it was sometimes interpreted as a deranged appreciation in a sense...........these were some of our biggest fans and we shared a love of bodybuilding with them that was actually bonding!

So when did I go from sort of tolerating gay men and still using the word fag if I was around other guys that used that sort of verbiage...... to appreciating the reality of who they are/were from birth?

Next post on that.

By metmike - Nov. 25, 2021, 11:41 a.m.
Like Reply

Appreciating the natural sexuality of being gay was not a sudden revelation thing for me. It gradually occurred from living in the real world, having an open mind/objective mind and not letting belief systems trump the real world of observations.

What added to the greater understanding was knowing family members that are gay. 

When Deb and I were married, there was a niece on her side that was gay.

Then, in 1995, I discovered an extreme close relative on my side was gay......because he had been living with a gay man and they moved together to another country.

There are several in my/his family that would be crushed to know this and very judgmental(but they would pray everday for him to stop sinning) but not me. 

So I actually told him I knew he was gay and he denied it and still denies it today because it would change the way that other family members think of him.......they view the world entirely thru their religious beliefs.

It was also during that time frame that I was able to observe and even closer member of the family, from birth........being gay. Of course we can never know with certainty at the time and shouldn't assume anything until they have an opportunity to express their sexuality after puberty but as you all notice, I am insanely tuned into making observations, analyzing and trying to derive meaningful discerment from them. 

My wife says I drive her nuts by over analyzing EVERYTHING. 

That applies to all realms, including this one. 

So I got my first opportunity, while tuned into the fact that some people are biologically  gay from birth to actually witness it close up. 

This was back before the internet and you couldn't just pull up dozens of studies in the scientific literature like you can today. This young person was raised in the same environment as their siblings but their brains were hard wired differently. We are all different of course but in their case, it included the biology that determined the sex that we are attracted to. 

But that was my next step towards obtaining the optimal level of understanding........when the internet came out, one of the things I did early on was tap into the reliable scientific, psychological, social and religious studies on homosexuality. 

I learned about the biological mechanism's that they still don't understand. There is no "gay" gene but most people are born to be gay.  Certainly some wonderful theories and honestly, I haven't looked for years. Maybe they have it all figured out better but you can bet your house on the fact that in most cases being gay is biological.

That attraction is not always determined by the body parts that we have on the outside. We used to  assume that if you have a penis, your body would naturally crave the opposite because reproduction and instinctive  preservation of the species should trump every driving force for all normal humans. 

Surprise, surprise, surprise. Your brain is not your dick (-:  Some guys act that way with their behavior at times but the brain is extremely complicated and it's sometimes independent from the bodies that contain it.  And its called........human biology and legit science. 

Authentic people are driven by the biology of their brains and them practicing naturally what was programmed into them biologically, even if it doesn't lead to procreation doesn't make its 1 iota less biological. 

I don't think I'll go into the science/biology here.........but I might, if I decide to continue this thread and have the time.

It will be controversial for some but for everyone, it will be based 100% on the latest  science and biology.........and one of the main reasons to be here is for people to learn new things. If you reject this science..............great. 

I'm not here to change your mind as much as I'm here to give you the opportunity to USE YOUR MIND...........if you choose to. Or at least to see something outside of an echo chamber opinion. 

It's always your choices(and I'm not judging anybody and singling out individuals with a different background that thinks differently)............I have dozen of good friends that are convinced that I'm dead wrong about plenty of things...and those opinions always matter because they are sincere.

Closed minds recirculate what they think that they know already.

Open minds, by far have the most potential for learning new things. 

Nobody is too open minded. It maximizes your ability to contemplate the most of what is surrounding you. You can reject half of it if you want...............but at least give your mind the opportunity to seriously contemplate ALL OF IT FIRST by objectively looking at all sides/data........BEFORE you reject it. 

By TimNew - Nov. 25, 2021, 12:15 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm just tired of all the phoney virtue signalling.  "I am So Evolved, I APPROVE OF GAYS!!!. "  It's BS and I think people who approve or disapprove are compensating for some shortcomming.

I don't aprove of gays and I don't dispprove of gays.  I also don't approve of hetero-sexuals nor do I dissaprove.  For that matter,  I don't approve of people who eat carrots and I don't disapprove of them either.  And I don't need a 2000 word essay to explain it. It's simply none of my business,  end of discussion.

But I do think it's very poor judgment to put parents in a position to explain sexual preferences to their pre-school children

For those reason,  I think trhe ad is beyond stupid.

By metmike - Nov. 25, 2021, 2:08 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

I agree with that. 

If it had been MOM kissing Santa Clause.............she still would have been cheating on DAD right?

So from that standpoint.......that bisexual  Dad, instead of doing something for his wife for Christmas .......has a subconscious desire to be with the man that brings toys to children.

So although it was clever and I had to laugh about it, in retrospect it is really a bad commercial for children to see............especially those that believe in Santa Clause.

It would have been bad if Mom was having an affair with Santa but the objective of the group that did the commercial was to push an agenda.......using the most esteemed person in the world in the minds of young children to do it.

Yeah, I strongly agree with you here Tim. Happy Thanksgiving BTW.

I think that SNL would have been a more appropriate environment/place for a skit like this........late night television and more for creative comedy.

By metmike - Nov. 25, 2021, 2:58 p.m.
Like Reply

On a Santa related note is the topic of black Santa's........because its unconventional(in white communities) and features a depiction of Santa that is different than the image that most of us grew up with.

10 years ago, I was at a Christmas party with my wife's family here in sw Indiana. They are wonderful people but they all grew up in this area that is vastly white.

One of my nephews(grown with kids) who lived here(Evansville IN) his entire life was on his phone and somebody sent him an image of a black Santa Clause because it was amazing. 

He was blown away because he had never seen or heard of a black Santa before. 

So he came over to me and showed me the image and said "can you believe this???"

I grew up in Detroit and go back to visit often. Not only did I believe it.......I'd seen lots of black Santa's before. My amusement was not with the black Santa but to his reaction to seeing the image of a black Santa.

And I knew just the person who could share the amusement with me.

My wonderful son in law is black and grew up in Chicago...........another hang out for black Santa's.

So I took the guy and image over to my son in law and said, "you can tell XXXXX grew up here because he's never seen a black Santa in his life".

BLAC Detroit Magazine’s Black Santa Photo Experience at the Southfield Pavilion

https://www.metroparent.com/events/blac-detroit-magazines-black-santa-photo-experience-eastern-market-detroit/

Here Comes Dreezy Claus: Chicago’s Black Santa Making Spirits Bright Despite Pandemic With New Book, Home Visits

Andre Russell has dressed as Black Santa for years and turned it into a regular gig in 2018. Now, he's written a book about believing in Black Santa.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/12/07/here-comes-dreezy-claus-chicagos-black-santa-is-making-spirits-bright-despite-pandemic-with-new-book-home-visits/

I don't think at all that XXXXX is a racist. It was just a big display of how people don't appreciate the culture of others.

Not realizing that a city that's currently 79.1%  black (Detroit) is going to use old black men to play Santa for the young black children instead of trying to find  old white men that look like the Santa in the picture books that most of us looked at many decades ago.

I actually think they absolutely SHOULD have as many black Santa's as possible.

Brown and Yellow Santa's are cool too.

Santa should not have a race and most kids will connect strongest to their own race. Santa represents the season of giving and helping others and believing in positive things. ...............and is lots of fun.

Santa is always the good guy/hero in the movies/stories that feature him.

But I agree with Tim that Santa pushing homosexuality is the exact wrong person for that message. ......especially when potraying him as causing dad to cheat on mom )-:

By cutworm - Nov. 25, 2021, 4:38 p.m.
Like Reply

If it had been MOM kissing Santa Clause.............she still would have been cheating on DAD right?

Unless dad was Santa as in my household.

By TimNew - Nov. 25, 2021, 8:02 p.m.
Like Reply

I seem to recall a song about that.   Simpler times I suppose.

I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus - Jimmy Boyd - YouTube

By metmike - Nov. 26, 2021, 12:44 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes, but Santa was dad!