interesting anagram of media control
19 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Dec. 11, 2021, 7:54 p.m.

delta omicron

Comments
By metmike - Dec. 11, 2021, 8:57 p.m.
Like Reply

I have a better 2 words that displays massively more effective brainwash control over 10's of millions of people mcfarm. 

FOX News

Fox News’ Anti-Vax Mandate Messaging Is Out of Step With Its Own Strict Policies

Even as CEO Suzanne Scott and more than 90% of full-time Fox News employees have gotten their shots, some of the network’s biggest stars continue undermining efforts to ramp up vaccinations elsewhere.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/10/fox-news-anti-vax-messaging-policies

Fox News Could Be Sued if Its Anti-Vax Statements Caused People to Die

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/07/fox-news-tucker-carlson-vaccine-lawsuit.html

"A constellation of reasons can be cited for ongoing vaccine hesitancy, but one key factor is the prevalence of quack “experts” willing to misinterpret data, lie about statistics, and just plain make stuff up. Leading the misinformation charge has been Fox News—and particularly Tucker Carlson. Night after night, Carlson has provided a platform for sowing fear and confusion among his viewers about the efficacy of the vaccine and its side effects. Although the network has recently sounded a more responsible note, that turnabout has by no means been across the entire network and it comes too late for an untold number of people who have been newly sickened or died from the disease, and who might have been saved through immunization. There may actually be some legal remedy, though, for the damage wrought by the network. COVID victims who were taken in by Carlson’s vaccination misinformation, or their estates, may be able to sue Fox News under the ancient common law theory of fraud. They would have a reasonably good chance of success, too."

82% of Fox News, 97% of OANN, Newsmax Viewers Believe Trump's Stolen Election Claim: Poll

https://www.newsweek.com/82-fox-news-97-oann-newsmax-viewers-believe-trumps-stolen-election-claim-poll-1644756

By metmike - Dec. 11, 2021, 9 p.m.
Like Reply

Captured brains            

14 responses |         

Started by metmike - April 10, 2021, 12:32 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/67714/

By metmike - Dec. 11, 2021, 9:17 p.m.
Like Reply

But its much more than just FOX.

There are numerous other sites on the internet that push anti COVID Vaxx DISinformation and junk COVID science stuff from the far right that is greater than MSM DISinformation on this topic by several orders of magnitude.

Here's an example of one of leading sources:

Alex Jones paying the price for his blatant DISinformation/lies           

13 responses |                          

Started by metmike - Nov. 15, 2021, 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77858/

One of our posters, that had  been previously convinced of numerous absurd conspiracy theories pushed by these sources became pathologically obsessed with  anti COVID vaxx conspiracy theories(and COVID DISinformation)......and neurotically made hundreds of DISinformation  posts in a short period of time, with many  hundreds of links, trying to propagandize fellow posters with DISinformation for months here:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77858/#77859

Neither political side has a franchise on the truth mcfarm.

On COVID and the vaccine, like it or not, the MSM has had MUCH more right and less wrong than the far right sources. 

By metmike - Dec. 11, 2021, 11:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Just to remind you, friends tell you the objective truths. This is what motivates me.....to enlighten you as a friend.

Theses sources stealing your intelligence for self serving/political agenda or ratings or financial gain are using you. 

They are not your friend!

By TimNew - Dec. 12, 2021, 7:48 a.m.
Like Reply

What you seem to continue to fail to grasp MM is that there is a huge, vast difference between chosing to get the vax vs. being forced to get the vax.  

I wish I knew the words to explain the importance of this to you,  but after months of trying,  I can't seem to communicate to you the importance of freedom.  I truly hope you don't get first hand experience of the government control you appear to crave.

By mcfarm - Dec. 12, 2021, 8:03 a.m.
Like Reply

as I trust Fox way more than most any other source MM you best come up with specific examples of Fox newscasters advising the public to not get vaxxed. I have never heard of seen such a thing. Now as for the small little Nazi man I can give you example after example of lies, mistatements, over reach. bad advise, advise to cruelly treat children with child abuse, animal abuse and the list goes on. And please stick to "newscasters." In all probability you refer to opinion shows and even in this environment people are allowed opinions, well except analyst on Fox opinion shows according to some.

By joj - Dec. 12, 2021, 8:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

2 arguments against your "freedom".

1).  Your freedom ends where mine begins.

2).  No one is being tied down and vaxxed.  You want to work here?  Get vaxxed.  You don't want to?  You are "free" to make that choice.

Now you enter an insult about my points (not an insult to me of course).

By TimNew - Dec. 12, 2021, 9:22 a.m.
Like Reply

No insult intended or offered.

If your masks and vax's work, my choices have no impact on you.  If they don't, my choices also have no impact on you.  There is no argument in favor of forced vax's  or masking.    Caveat:  I chose to mask and have gotten the vax, erring on the side of caution.

I agree that businesses and individuals have a choice as to whether or not they allow maskless/vaxless people in their business/homes.  I don't think the choices have muxch impact either way (See above).

I completely disagree with the government overreach of mandates in this area, and MM  has demonstrated the exact opposite point of view.

That is to what I refered. 

By joj - Dec. 12, 2021, 10:21 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

Thank you for the respectful response.  This could be the beginning of something good.

Prediction:  This is the last winter of Covid.  Early data is that the Omicron variant is the most contagious but also as mild as the common cold.  What vaccinations were unable to eradicate (because too many people refused them), Omicron may succeed with herd immunity.

By metmike - Dec. 12, 2021, 11:09 a.m.
Like Reply

Of course you're allowed to have an opinion mcfarm.

Don't try to play the victim because this isn't an echo chamber that congratulated you on YOUR opinion and instead, challenged you on it.

OTHERS are also allowed opinions that are different than yours....which is me in this case.

With regards to sticking to newscasters...........your opinion didn't do that but I will point out a specific one below for you. 

Just to review why I responsed to your initial post.........It vilified the entire MSM as being bad sources for COVID, when they are light years better than the absolutely worst source for COVID and COVID vaxx information on television....FOX news...which is your source.

There are at least half a dozen of internet sources of MISinformation on COVID and the vaccine that you ignored...........but instead attacked the MSM. I am with you on that for many things but your attack is completely misplaced when it comes to COVID and the COVID vaccine.

And it does matter because people are dying from this MISinformation.

It needed to be challenged. Again, I'm just an objective, independent, non party affiliated scientist NOT a democrat, NOT the enemy that is doing it as a friend.

With regards to FOX not advising the public to not get vaxxed. Was that being sarcastic or did you mean it that way?

I watch Tucker, in case you didn't know. He is constantly pushing complete rubbish DISinformation about how dangerous the COVID vaccines are and that they don't work well. That they are killing many thousands of people...........and not protecting them......when this is not so. 

If you tell me constantly  that drinking water will kill me and isn't good for me..........but don't actually  say "don't drink water" your interpretation is that you're not advising me to not drink water......that's my choice.  This is just blatant denial of the reality of what your message is mcfarm.

Tucker's message is loud and clear. Vaccines are dangerous and are not effective......... this is  giving people good reasons to NOT GET VACCINATED. 

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2021/05/07/tucker-carlson-misleading-claim-deaths-after-covid-19-vaccine-covid/4989132001/

If you want the best major media source for accurate COVID and vaccine data/information, the NY Times is my pick. They use the actual unbiased COVID data and massive amounts. The data...........is the data. 

If they only did this on climate change, instead of using one sided opinions, that reflect distorted science for politics...... they would come out of the cellar as a reliable climate science source.

FOX is the worst by a mile on COVID and the vaccine. 

By metmike - Dec. 12, 2021, 11:20 a.m.
Like Reply

"What you seem to continue to fail to grasp MM is that there is a huge, vast difference between chosing to get the vax vs. being forced to get the vax.  

I wish I knew the words to explain the importance of this to you,  but after months of trying,  I can't seem to communicate to you the importance of freedom.  I truly hope you don't get first hand experience of the government control you appear to crave."

Tim,

You continue to mischaracterize my position as being one that is wrong because I'm failing to grasp YOUR correct position.

Even after I keep repeating that I completely understand your position but DISAGREE with it. 

For the umpteenth time TIm, I completely understand your position but disagree with it. In fact, so much so that I made your position a post of the week here to demonstrate how well I understand it. Did you forget???

https://www.marketforum.com/library/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/76844/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/76747/#76830

Tim: "But lets not quibble.  I would still think mandates were wrong even with a 75% survivability rate.  Of course, at that point,  I would begin to understand the oppositions arguments.   With the upper 90's?   I can't see them as anything but sheep."

metmike: "I’m willing to make just a tiny adjustment  to that right for this unique case by getting a couple of very low risk shots since the indisputably proven science shows that it will save millions of lives that I don’t have the right to sacrifice for my personal belief system."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tim,

Please, please, please stop stating that I'm failing to grasp the importance of your (superior) position so that you can attack a position that I don't have. I have asked this of you numerous times now. 

It's possible for people to understand you and still disagree with you. 

By metmike - Dec. 12, 2021, 11:50 a.m.
Like Reply

"If your masks and vax's work, my choices have no impact on you.  If they don't, my choices also have no impact on you.  There is no argument in favor of forced vax's  or masking."

Tim,

Are you not aware that vaccines and masks don't protect people 100%?

Are you not aware that unvaxxed people are getting COVID at a much higher rate and spreading it at a much higher rate to unvaxxed AND vaxxed people?

Are you not aware that cloth masks are not 100% effective?

Even N95 masks are only 95% effective.

Are you not aware that, until the cold weather came on, by far the vaxxed communities were doing much better than the unvaxxed communities? 

Are you not aware that we will beat COVID the quickest by arming the immune systems of as many people as possible against it by being vaccinated?

Are you not aware that millions refusing to be vaxxed..........is killing thousands of people........unvaccinated and vaccinated?

Are you not aware that everybody that gets COVID, whether they are vaxxed or not.........had to get it from somebody else and being unvaxxed makes you more likely to get and transmit COVID?

The vaccines do work almost as designed of course(nobody, anywhere claims they cause absolute immunity)  but the more people that get vaccinated..........the more effective they will be for those communities..........this is irrefutable.

The less people that get vaccinated..........the more people will die from COVID, both vaccinated and unvaccinated............this is irrefutable. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75252/#75261

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75252/#75262

By TimNew - Dec. 12, 2021, 12:09 p.m.
Like Reply

:-)

By metmike - Dec. 12, 2021, 12:11 p.m.
Like Reply

Yippee!

Looks like Tim was actually paying attention to some of my previous posts!

(-: to you too Tim!

By mcfarm - Dec. 12, 2021, 12:27 p.m.
Like Reply

well either intentionally or not you have me confused again. This is not about me and never said it was. I said you should realize the difference between Fox news and the commentators and separate them accordingly. I do not believe you can verify a single Fox news person advising anyone to not get vaxxed or follow any mandates and you cannot or would have instead of the long winded Tucker Carlson quote who is what and does what? Opinion. Not news, opinion, analysis, opinion, not news Like Bret Bair.

By metmike - Dec. 12, 2021, 12:42 p.m.
Like Reply

We agree mcfarm............opinion not news.

So do you listen to those opinions on FOX in the evening or not?

Do they present their opinions as based on the news and facts? Yes

Do they apply their own interpretations of the same news that others use and sell it to their audience with the opinion/spin? Yes

Nobody is saying that the news FOX reports during the day is wrong.

But starting at 4pm, with their panel of mostly far right experts interpreting the news for us, we are getting a product that is extremely biased, especially on COVID. 

So let me take out the "news" part of FOX news and just say FOX.

The monstrous ratings they get are not for the daily news reporting.

It's all for their evening commentators.

So regardless of what you want to call it...........those are the programs that people are watching and listening to in order for them to form opinions.

By TimNew - Dec. 12, 2021, 12:52 p.m.
Like Reply

I am conceeding nothing MM.   I just don't feel it's worth the effort to once again try to explain the hopless flaws in your argument..

So..

:-)

By metmike - Dec. 12, 2021, 1:08 p.m.
Like Reply

Wonderful! Again, I totally see where you are coming from.      

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77250/#77286

By metmike - Nov. 7, 2021, 10:04 a.m.            

There are 2 solid arguments from both sides.

We’ll  see if  protecting everybody as a whole  is more important or protecting each individual on a specific is more important.

To those making the ruling, that is.

On a split decision, which is likely, we get back to the opposing views from both sides and which side has more influence in the courts.....which is why the battle for supreme justices has been paramount.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

By mcfarm - Dec. 12, 2021, 1:46 p.m.
Like Reply

I see Biden has lost 3 court cases in a row over his illegal and unconstitutional mandates. Seems like that is a trend. They cannot cancel our constitution yet.