If you have been watching Fox News...
59 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Dec. 14, 2021, 8:55 p.m.

You wouldn't know a thing about the texts going back and forth between Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and Hannity/Ingram/Kilmead as well as members of congress begging Trump to stop the attack on the Capitol on January 6th.  187 minutes passed before Trump sent a message to call off the attack.

The reason you wouldn't know is because Fox News didn't cover it AT ALL.  Not on their "news" programming.  Not on their website.  Nothing!  Mind you, this is not a witch hunt.  This is MARK MEADOWS' actual texts that HE turned over to the committee.

Move along.  Nothing here to see.

Comments
By 7475 - Dec. 14, 2021, 10:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Yuppers , joj

Didnt see any of that but sure appears  some of that "calling the kettle black" stuff is going on

Wouldnt ya say?

John

By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 2:01 a.m.
Like Reply

Fox is covering it up.

Their Private January 6 Fears

Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, and Brian Kilmeade, who would later question Trump supporters’ roles in the Capitol attack or downplay it, had privately tried to get the president to stop the violence.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/12/fox-news-hosts-january-6-fears

dedicated Fox News viewer couldn’t be blamed for missing the news Monday night or early Tuesday morning that network stars Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, and Brian Kilmeade had sent texts on January 6 to Mark Meadows, Donald Trump’s then chief of staff, imploring him to ask the president to call off the mob of his supporters storming Congress. That’s because Fox News didn’t air it. It wasn’t until shortly before noon Tuesday—about 16 hours after Rep. Liz Cheney revealed the contents of the hosts’ texts—that Fox News reported on air about the messages, which are now possession of the House panel investigating the attack. The segment, however, though zeroed in on Donald Trump Jr.’s message that things had “gone too far.” 

The Fox News hosts’ urgent messages during the insurrection suggest that even Trump’s media boosters knew the former president’s supporters were behind the attack and that Trump had the power to stop them. “Mark, the president needs to tell people in the Capitol to go home. This is hurting all of us. He is destroying his legacy,” wrote Ingraham in a mid-riot message to Meadows, a sentiment that Kilmeade echoed at the time, telling the White House chief of staff to “Please get [Trump] on TV.” The Fox & Friends cohost added that the Capitol riot was “destroying everything [the Trump administration] accomplished.” Even Hannity, one of Trump’s most ardent and influential defenders, desperately called for Trump to “make a statement,” telling Meadows that the president needs to “ask people to leave the Capitol.”

By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 2:07 a.m.
Like Reply

January 6 committee spells out Meadows' efforts to help Trump flip election and Meadows' actions before and during insurrection

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mark-meadows-january-6-committee-trump-2020-election-efforts/

metmike: Unlike the Mueller investigation this is NOT a witch hunt.

Trump needs to be held accountable for his completely unacceptable conduct.

By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 2:11 a.m.
Like Reply

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/585814-house-votes-to-hold-defiant-meadows-in-criminal-contempt?rnd=1639517995?userid=565140

House votes to hold defiant Meadows in criminal contempt

House lawmakers voted Tuesday to hold former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows in contempt of Congress as the special committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol released a second batch of text messages from allies begging Meadows to try to convince then-President Trump to stop the violent insurrection.

“It’s really bad up here on the hill,” one unidentified GOP lawmaker texted Meadows that day.

“The President needs to stop this asap,” texted another GOP lawmaker.

“Fix this now,” wrote a third Republican.

Tuesday’s vote was 222 to 208, with 2 Republicans, Reps. Liz Cheney (Wy.) and Adam Kinzinger (Ill.), crossing the aisle to join every Democrat in supporting the measure.

The House’s action refers Meadows to the Justice Department on criminal contempt charges for refusing to testify before the select committee probing the Jan. 6 attack. Meadows had provided thousands of pages of documents to investigators, then refused the panel’s request, under subpoena, to talk about them. It was that recalcitrance that prompted the contempt vote.

"It's a two-part test in order to show compliance with our work: one is the production of documents; the second is sitting for a deposition or interview,” said Rep. Pete Aguilar (D-Calif.), a member of the Jan. 6 panel. “Mr. Meadows fulfilled one, but he did not fulfill the other."

Meadows, who led the far-right Freedom Caucus when he served in the House, becomes the second person in Trump’s orbit to be held in contempt by the House. In October, nine House Republicans joined all Democrats to vote to hold former Trump adviser Steve Bannon in contempt; weeks later, a federal grand jury indicted Bannon for failing to comply with a subpoena from the Jan. 6 panel. His trial is scheduled to start next July.

The stonewalling — and the long delay in Bannon’s case — has raised questions about whether Trump’s allies will be able to run out the clock on the select committee investigation, particularly in light of the certainty that Republicans would quickly end the probe if they win control of the House after next year’s midterms.

Meadows has handed over more than 9,000 pages of text messages, emails and other correspondence related to the GOP’s effort on Jan. 6 to overturn President Biden’s election victory over Trump. But Meadows and his legal team have argued that he does not need to sit for a deposition because his former boss, Trump, has claimed executive privilege.

“The executive privilege that Donald Trump has claimed is his to waive,” Meadows said Monday in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity. “It’s not mine to waive. It’s not Congress’s to wave.”

By TimNew - Dec. 15, 2021, 5:05 a.m.
Like Reply

I'm trying to understand here.

Are you comparing the texts from Fox personalities urging Meadows to urge the president to ask the rioters to leave to the communications between Cuomo and his brother (and the susequent denial) or the texts from Lemon to Smollet?   BTW, neither CNN nor you seemed as interested in those.

Do you see the texts from Hannity and Ingraham as something sinister?    Fox could have commented on them sooner,  but only someone with an agenda would see this as something urgently news worthy. Lot's of people wanted Trump to intervene.  And he should have, in spite of the fact that he had already asked everyone to remain peaceful.

By mcfarm - Dec. 15, 2021, 7:43 a.m.
Like Reply

mm amd others should of watched Ingram in particular release and read her texts last nite from around 3 pm til around 4pm on Jan 6th before just taking the usual msm 1/2 ass story and running with it. Then they would know just how many times she warned against any capitol violence during the day of Jan 6th. By the way to all the make believers, just how many have been charged with "armed insurrection?" Not "later" or on a different  day or week but during the protests itself

By joj - Dec. 15, 2021, 7:52 a.m.
Like Reply

John,

Biased media from the left and right for sure.

Are you referring to the Southern Democrats succeeding from the union in 1861?

Because I am not familiar with any attempted coups in our history other than Jan 6th.

Best,

joj

By mcfarm - Dec. 15, 2021, 8:10 a.m.
Like Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_United_States_Capitol_shooting

does this one look more like an "armed insurrection"?

By cutworm - Dec. 15, 2021, 9:19 a.m.
Like Reply

This is what Hannity has to say

Hannity calls out January 6th committee, addresses text message to Mark Meadows | Fox News Video

So is 

"The reason you wouldn't know is because Fox News didn't cover it AT ALL.  Not on their "news" programming.  Not on their website.  Nothing!"

this a fiction?

By cutworm - Dec. 15, 2021, 11:17 a.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 11:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Wonderful, Hannity came out with a statement that made some great points........but ends up trying to blame Nancy Pelosi and left wing activists for the insurrection.

Taking us into "delusional twist the facts to blame the other side"  land.

He totally discredits the investigating committee and tells us nothing they find should be believed. 

It's great to bring up the 2020 riots, which I did dozens of times but to continually lead off with them every time to present the "victim" and "unjust/unfairness" scenario of the investigation is playing to one side.

What if those riots never existed?

Would this investigation be ok then?

Same scenario.........except no 2020 riots. Would these crimes then be more serious crimes?

It would be like, when OJ Simpson got away with murder.... future defense attorney's with clients charged with less crimes/not as bad as killing 2 people.......let's say just killing 1 person.....using the OJ Simpson case as a defense to get their clients off or to get them a light sentence.

The insurrection happened dudes. It was an attempt to stop Biden from being instilled as our president totally motivated by Trumps dishonest actions and words for 2 months after he legally lost the presidential election.

If he had conceded at any point, none of this would have happened.

It's never happened in our country's history and its not even been a year and there's alot of inside stuff that one side doesn't want to get out.

And you want to just go on and pretend we know everything we need to know because the riots of 2020 were worse?

I agree, the riots of 2020 were a travesty. I've mentioned them a dozen+ times here.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/78104/#78118

But that doesn't make crimes committed by republicans LESS criminal.

By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 12:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks cutworm,

On Ingram.

It's nice that she can pull out a few statements from a couple of shows condemning the Jan. 6 action. 

But I DO WATCH FOX. These were isolated statements going totally against the messages on most of her shows and other FOX shows.

I WATCH FOX. 

The messages have, by a wide margin been that the 2020 riots were much worse. 

The investigation is totally political and biased and intended only to vilify republicans and Trump and not get the truth.

It wasn't as bad as they are making it out to be. 

It wasn't really an insurrection. 

The ones charged with the crimes are not being treated fairly.

Those are the messages 97% of the time. So she plays her 3% of the time messages to defend herself.........again, I WATCH FOX and know this is a dishonest representation.

I'm not saying the MSM is being completely accurate..........by FOX is being even MORE inaccurate by pretending they condemned the riot of Jan. 6 as much as they have taken their REAL position. ......trivializing it.......which is almost all  the time.

Their viewers would have it no other way and its why you guys believe what you do.

I also watch other stations and other sources and am independent...............and am NOT a democrat or the enemy or part of the MSM(which is usually what republicans use to to not believe statements that are different than the republican narratives)

Neither party has a franchise on the truth.

If you believe one party all the time, you believe in lies some of the time. 

FOX is the mouthpiece for republican talking points and narratives.........it's what they do. Fair and balanced is the opposite of most of their broadcasting.

They make fair and balanced statements during a single digit % of the time and you can play those statements later and pretend it represents FOX all the time.

But as an objective FOX viewer..........that's not who they really are.

By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 12:12 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 12:16 p.m.
Like Reply

As an apolitical American citizen with no allegiance to either party........I want more information about the events that led up to the Insurrection on Jan 6, 2021!!!

And there IS MORE information that we don't know about that needs to come out.

Your biggest objection to the investigation revolves around the fact that it's republicans that committed the crime.......and are being unfairly targeted.

This is NOT the corrupt Mueller witch hunt, that was conducted in secrecy pretending to investigate crimes that never happened.....creating crimes that never existed before the investigation.

This is 100% the total opposite.

This is being done in the open for everybody to see and crimes WERE committed and evidence submitted IS relevant.

By TimNew - Dec. 15, 2021, 1:14 p.m.
Like Reply

What possible criteria could you have to say the 2020 riots were not much worse?  Far More damage,  far more injury and death,  far longer in duration. 

The investigation is totally political and biased and intended only to vilify republicans and Trump and not get the truth.

The investigation is entirely political and is being used to offset the fact that the left has absolutely nothing on which to run.  The assembly of the "select committee" is all the proof you need.  Anyone who was not rabidly opposed to Trump was excluded.  A picture perfect example of a partisan effort.

It wasn't as bad as they are making it out to be.

To hear Pelosi et.al,  the riot brought this country and it's democracy to the brink of extinction. What we had was a disorganized rabble who probably took things further than they planned to in the "excitement" of the moment.

It wasn't really an insurrection.

Again,  it was a disorganized group of rabble who had no chance of making any impact beyond some vandalism and hyoerbolic headlines for as long as the dems can keeep them coming.

The idiots involved deserve punishmwent for their stupidity and you can be sure they'll get it in spades,  but if you see this as anything more than what it was, a geroup of idiots who got carried away and had 0 impact on anything of consequence,  you have a "captured brain".

By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 1:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for the republican talking points Tim.

I'm neutral/independent and just want to find out what really happened to cause this.

"It wasn't really an insurrection.

Again,  it was a disorganized group of rabble who had no chance of making any impact beyond some vandalism and hyoerbolic headlines for as long as the dems can keeep them coming."

That's not even in the vicinity of being close to the complete explanation that I'm looking for as an American citizen that has the right to know.....not just what individuals that participated did(that you want to focus on) but why security totally failed and what decisions were made by people on the inside that not only could have prevented this but potentially ALLOWED it to happen for self serving motives.

THAT is what this is really about.

Do you have any objections to finding this out?

Again, bringing Pelosi or other dem quotes up as exaggerating this is deflecting the reality and  the blame.

IT HAPPENED. Let's find out why and how and who played a role . If it wasn't that bad........then the investigation should have facts that substantiate that. 

Trying to stop investigations that are wide open for everybody to see the facts is not exactly a good defense. 

Stating that they are unfair and political........when the facts will be the facts, regardless of the spin is still not a good defense. 

I want ALL the facts and the option to decide myself......not a cover up. Is this ok with you?

By TimNew - Dec. 15, 2021, 2:13 p.m.
Like Reply

This is already the most investigated event in the history of the universe.   There is nothing left to know.

And I'm glad you feel facts are "Republican talking points".  You are welcome to refute a single thing I said in that post.

By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 2:16 p.m.
Like Reply

"There is nothing left to know."

Another republican talking point.

You must not actually be following the investigation.

If they didnt find out anything new when the investigation is over, then you could point to that as evidence that they didn't find out anything new and it was purely political.

So this would be proof of what you're saying.

I'm not a republican so I want to know.

If they don't find any new smoking gun evidence...........then I will not spin anything and will come down hard on those that spin it to mean something it doesn't.

No, we absolutely don't know everything.

The only way to know that............is after this investigation is allowed to get the evidence that is being blocked. 

By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 2:29 p.m.
Like Reply

"You are welcome to refute a single thing I said in that post."

I don't need to.............you confirmed it for me (as nothing but points meant to distract from the actual event that did happen)by repeating them.

Again, the point is that none of that stuff didn't happen.

The point is the event of Jan 6th DID happen.

Pretend those talking points didn't exist, which are trying to deflect the reality. Deal with the fact that the Insurrection DID HAPPEN as an INDEPENDENT EVENT.

The riots in 2020 didn't cause the Insurrection to not happen.

The democrats playing politics didn't cause the Insurrection to not happen.

By TimNew - Dec. 15, 2021, 2:55 p.m.
Like Reply

I don't need to.............you confirmed it for me by repeating them.

LOL.  Never Mind MM     :-)

By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 7:43 p.m.
Like Reply

"There is nothing left to know."

Stay tuned and open your mind Tim!

Mitch McConnell Paying Close Attention to Jan. 6 Probe After Mark Meadows Texts Revealed

https://www.newsweek.com/mitch-mcconnell-paying-close-attention-jan-6-probe-mark-meadows-texts-revealed-1659550

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) suggested on Tuesday that he's interested in finding out which members of Congress were communicating with former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows during the events surrounding January 6.

The House of Representatives' Select Committee investigating January 6 released text messages sent to Meadows from as-yet unnamed lawmakers on Monday and the House voted to recommend contempt charges against him on Tuesday.

McConnell said on Tuesday that he was not one of the lawmakers who had been in touch with Meadows on January 6, but appeared to hint that he wanted to know who those members of Congress are.

"But I do think we're all watching, as you are, what is unfolding on the House side, and it will be interesting to reveal all the participants that were involved," McConnell said.

Text messages revealed by the House Select Committee on Monday appeared to show lawmakers communicating with Meadows about possible objections to the certification of Electoral College votes on January 6.

One member of Congress texted Meadows before January 6 and said: "On January 6, 2021, Vice President Mike Pence, as President of the Senate, should call out all electoral votes that he believes are unconstitutional as no electoral votes at all."

Another lawmaker sent a text message to Meadows after January 6 apologizing for the failure of objections to the Electoral College votes.

"Yesterday was a terrible day. We tried everything we could in our objection to the 6 states. I'm sorry nothing worked," the lawmaker said.

By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 7:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham Trade Jokes on Fox Over 1/6 Committee Procuring Their Texts

https://www.newsweek.com/sean-hannity-laura-ingraham-trade-jokes-fox-over-1-6-committee-procuring-their-texts-1659532

By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 8 p.m.
Like Reply

Fox News hosts blast House committee for releasing their Jan. 6 text messages to Meadows

Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham focused much of their criticism on Rep. Liz Cheney, a GOP member of the Jan. 6 committee.

Fox News hosts Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham lashed out at the Jan. 6 committee Tuesday night for releasing text messages they sent to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows during the attack on the U.S. Capitol.

The messages — provided to the committee by Meadows and read aloud Monday evening by Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., during a committee meeting — showed that at least three Fox News hosts were urging Meadows to get President Donald Trump to call off the rioters and end the violence on Jan. 6.

Hannity said Tuesday that a message asking whether Trump could "make a statement asking people to leave the Capitol" was "one of" the texts he sent to Meadows. But he focused his criticism on what he described as the committee’s partisan work, and he said the release of his texts was an invasion of privacy.

“I am an honest, straightforward person. I say the same thing in private that I say to all of you. Liz Cheney knows this. She doesn’t seem to care. She’s interested in one thing and one thing only — smearing Donald Trump and purging him from the party,” Hannity said.

The nine-member committee includes two Republicans: Cheney and Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois.

Hannity, who criticized the 2020 presidential election process in the immediate aftermath of the Jan. 6 attack, did not address the texts on Monday's broadcast, in which he interviewed Meadows after the messages had been made public.

Cheney on Monday also read from a text that Ingraham sent to Meadows.

"Mark, the president needs to tell the people in the Capitol to go home. This is hurting all of us. He is destroying his legacy," Ingraham texted.

Ingraham said on her show Tuesday night that the committee and media reports have misrepresented her actions on Jan. 6.

“The entire Jan. 6 campaign has become one of revenge and defamation, of false characterization and false equivalencies,” she said.

Ingraham suggested publicly after the Jan. 6 attack that "antifa" was partly responsible for the violence.

Fox News host Brian Kilmeade also texted Meadows during the riot.

"Please get him on TV. Destroying everything you have accomplished," he texted.

Cheney and other members of the Jan. 6 committee released the messages before they advanced a criminal contempt referral for Meadows after he defied a subpoena to testify. The House voted Tuesday evening to refer the measure to the Justice Department, which will decide whether to pursue the matter.

Some of the texts also came from GOP lawmakers who apparently worked to delay or halt the counting of electoral votes. The committee did not name the lawmakers.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., told reporters Tuesday that he was not in personal contact with Meadows or any other White House officials on Jan. 6.

"But I do think we're both watching, as you are, what is unfolding on the House side," he said. "And it will be interesting to reveal all of the participants who were involved."

metmike: On January 6th, there were 3 people from FOX  sending personal text messages(using first name basis, Mark) with urgent messages advising President Trump what he should be doing.

We obviously never knew this before!

I'm learning new things.........who else is?

It's not just what they were saying but the oddest thing is.........that it shows this unprofessional relationship(outside of being an objective journalist)  between FOX and the president?

Chris Cuomo got fired for having a personal relationship( that violated being an objective  journalist at CNN) advising his brother Andrew Cuomo.

Why is it ok for FOX news celebrities to advise President Trump?

Especially during an extreme crisis???

Answer............it isn't ok!

I didn't get that from any MSM or dem sources. This is my objective opinion based entirely on the facts.

By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 8:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Who knew about these texts and messages before this week? This is exactly the information that I wanted to know about. None of it is made up like with the Mueller report. None of this has anything to do with the 2020 riots. None of this has to be spun by democrats for us to figure out ourselves what was obviously happening. These are the exact words being sent out by the people below. THEIR WORDS.

Smoking gun evidence of the most extreme/blatant dereliction of duty by a US president in history in violating his sworn oath to uphold the Constitution after he caused this event to happen, then actually refused to act for hours, after everyone around him pleaded emphatically for him to take immediate actions.

This is indefensible. Many of us already knew it but the details here of him completely ignoring his advisors for several hours to put a stop to this violent riot shows that this investigation is exactly what we needed to confirm it with the irrefutable evidence.......which we didn't have before the investigation.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Meadows texts show Hannity, Don Jr. wanted Trump to stop Jan. 6 riot

https://wgntv.com/news/meadows-texts-show-hannity-don-jr-wanted-trump-to-stop-jan-6-riot/

WASHINGTON (The Hill) – As rioters stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, several leading Fox News pundits and Donald Trump’s eldest son all voiced desperate concerns that the former president was doing nothing to quell the violence and protect those in the building, according to damning text messages unveiled Monday night by the select committee investigating the attack. 

The stunning messages, submitted to the panel by Mark Meadows, Trump’s former chief of staff, revealed that Sean Hannity, Brian Kilmeade and Laura Ingraham — all superstar Fox personalities with enormous conservative followings — and Donald Trump, Jr. were all pressing Meadows to convince the president to intervene during the early hours of the siege.

“He’s got to condemn this s–t ASAP,” Donald Trump Jr. texted Meadows as the attack was underway. 

“I’m pushing it hard. I agree,” Meadows replied.

But when the president still did not act, his eldest son reached out again to Trump’s chief of staff, according to Jan. 6 Committee Vice Chair Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), who read the series of texts during a hearing Monday night.

“We need an Oval Office address. He has to lead now. It has gone too far and gotten out of hand,” Trump Jr. texted.

Around the same time, a trio of Fox News hosts were also bombarding Meadows with text messages, trying to get Trump to call off the attack.

“Mark, president needs to tell people in the Capitol to go home. This is hurting all of us. He is destroying his legacy,” Ingraham texted. 

“Please get him on TV. Destroying everything you have accomplished,” added Kilmeade. 

“Can he make a statement? Ask people to leave the Capitol,” texted Hannity.

Meadows also received dozens of texts from GOP lawmakers, staffers and members of the press trapped inside the Capitol during the assault, Cheney said.

“We are under siege here at the Capitol,” read one text. “They have breached the Capitol,” read another.

A third person texted: “Mark, protesters are literally storming the Capitol. Breaking windows on doors, rushing in. Is Trump going to say something?”

A fourth person told Meadows: “There’s an armed standoff at the House chamber door.”

A fifth person inside the Capitol wrote: “We are all helpless.” 

Across the administration, Trump officials also pleaded for Meadows to convince Trump to intervene. Messages read: “Someone is going to get killed” and “POTUS needs to calm this s–t down.” 

The shocking messages, coming from some of Trump’s closest conservative allies and a family member, were revealed during Monday’s hearing to hold Meadows in contempt of Congress for refusing to testify about the documents he provided to the committee.

The texts reveal how the select Jan. 6 committee is methodically building its case against Trump, who for more than three hours refused to tell his rioting supporters to stop the attack and go home.  

“The violence was evident to all; it was covered in real time by almost every news channel. But for 187 minutes, President Trump refused to act when action by our president was required, essential and indeed compelled by his oath to our Constitution …” Cheney said during the hearing. 

“Hours passed without necessary action by the president. These non privileged texts are further evidence of President Trump’s supreme dereliction of duty during those 187 minutes.”

By metmike - Dec. 15, 2021, 9:37 p.m.
Like Reply

OMG!

Hannity tonight is blaming everybody except Trump.

Nancy Pelosi was in charge of the security and its her fault.

The  reason they are doing this is that they know if Trump runs in 2024 he'll win so they have to smear him with this investigation.

The reason they are doing this is to distract people from Joe Biden's disastrous policies.

This is retarded!

Laura Trump was on saying that Donald Trump warned them that this was going to happen but they all ignored him. He only wanted peaceful protesting.  It was Pelosi's fault for not having the National Guard there.

These people are big fat liars. 

Thank God we now, also have the actual texts pleading with Trump and him  ignoring those trying to get him to stop the rioting........and didn't act for hours.....to show they are lying about Trump's actions(lack of them).

We have Trumps actions and words for 2 months leading up to the Insurrection. 

Trump caused this. Trump did this to himself. Nothing could be more crystal clear. People embarrassing themselves in defending Trump is jaw dropping dishonesty and/or totally delusional. 

By TimNew - Dec. 16, 2021, 3:55 a.m.
Like Reply

Thank God we now, also have the actual texts pleading with Trump and him  ignoring those trying to get him to stop the rioting........and didn't act for hours.....to show they are lying about Trump's actions(lack of them).

You continue to amuse.   "Thank God"   throw in "Heavens to Betsy".  Did you have your smelling salts handy? I hope you didn't get the vapors.

We have known, since Jan 7, that people contacted Trump and asked him to intervene.  Now that a couple Fox personalities have been added to the list, this changes everything?  How? And they used first names!!?!?!?!?.  I see first names used all the time at white house press briefngs.  Have for years.   Do we need investigations into that too?

And you compare Fox personalities contacting white house personel with Cuomo aiding his brother, and then lying about it, in the midst of his own sexual misconduct allegations.

Face it MM,  like everyone else with a severe case of TDS, you are desperate to have this turned into more than it was.  Absolutely clinging to each new "revalatiopn" as if your life depended on it.  Your "Thank God" is just an extra exclamation point.

By mcfarm - Dec. 16, 2021, 7:25 a.m.
Like Reply

this is the type of investigation we need, really? MM, this investigation runs exactly right inline with the impeachment. Secret meetings the dems had in the basement, repubs like Jordon kicked off the committee and replaced with hatchet jobs like Cheney,  No you will not learn from this committee, you will learn exactly what they feed you......which will be horse shit, good luck with that. Repubs bringing witnesses who are not allowed. Sacred constitutional rights abridged, Sure you will learn....righhhhhhht. FBI agents wanting to testify about their involvement on Jan 6th, on ad on. And what  do you get. American citizens in solitary in dirty nasty conditions for months because the FBI found a text or travel documents that the citizen had traveled to DC. Yep you are learning MM. Day after day the MSM repeats "armed insurrection" and you turn and salute and bow to those who are pushing this narrative. Again I asked for the 30th time and get no response. Who was armed? Yes the black guard ho shot an unarmed white member of our armed service. Was he charged? Who has been charged with insurrection while being armed on Jan 6th?  "Parading", yes Parading is what has been charged this far. Get you a Trumpy bear to sleep with it may help your TDS. 

By metmike - Dec. 16, 2021, 8:07 a.m.
Like Reply

Thainks Tim,

I’m being melodramatic on purpose to emphasize it being new information that we did not know before this week.

And no, we absolutely did not know this before.  You can repeat that we already knew this to try to keep yourself convinced that we already know everything but here’s a good analogy to your rationalizing. 

Let’s say it rained in Atlanta last night because you woke up to puddles on all the ground everywhere outside of your house and on your drive to work.

You can be 100% certain that it rained And conclude thats all we (you) need to know. You say that it means that you don’t need to water your lawn now And don’t care about how much rain fell or what caused it.

Then ,after you get home, you watch the local news and the meteorologist comes on with a report that shows how much rain fell at numerous reporting stations, including one close to your house and you say “everybody already knew that it rained last night, who cares about how much it rained and where”

Then they show the cold front and explain how it triggered the thunderstorms that caused the rain and you say “everybody already knew that it rained last night, who cares about what caused it”

Like the rain event, there are details about the insurrection that allow us to understand it better.

Yes, everybody knows that it happened but some of us want to learn more about what caused it to understand it better. That includes specifics on people that had an influence ......who said things and what they said.

You might be happy at home with just knowing it rained because there were puddles on the ground when you went outside.

But there will be many People that care to know more in order to determine how much rain fell, to decide when to  water their lawns or how much their crops received.

FOX and Tim and republicans don’t want to learn more about Jan 6th because you/they say we know everything there is to know.

Speak for yourself on that.

YOU  know everything that YOU want to know. Some of us want to know more.......and there’s plenty more to know and learn from as evidenced from this new information......and similar information that some people don’t want out there......which makes me want to see it even more.

By metmike - Dec. 16, 2021, 8:30 a.m.
Like Reply

So now I have TDS because I want to know more to understand what happened behind the scenes to cause and to not stop the insurrection.

Mcfarm,

You insist that the investigation is being done in secrecy.....when it’s the 100% opposite.

It’s the republicans and you that are trying to hide all the secrets.

My position is for total  transparency and for getting out all the information for everybody on both sides to see. You are the one against that position and for stopping people that have that objective  but accuse the other side of doing what defines your position.

TDS?

I defended Trump for years when he was unfairly attacked and when he was right on numerous issues but I’m not like republicans on trump.

I go after him when he does wrong things and I don’t  accuse  everybody that attacks trump, even those using the truth to hold him accountable of having TDS.

We have many things in common mcfarm but that is not one of them.

By hayman - Dec. 16, 2021, 11:17 a.m.
Like Reply

You continue to amuse.   "Thank God"   throw in "Heavens to Betsy".  Did you have your smelling salts handy? I hope you didn't get the vapors.     

Quote of the WEEK, right there.  Tim, that's a direct bullseye. 

Like alcohol, the vax and boosters affect each of us differently.  Here we have a case of, while not full fledged damage, hard to deny a cute case of impairment, shall we say.    

"You continue to amuse.   "Thank God"   throw in "Heavens to Betsy".  Did you have your smelling salts handy? I hope you didn't get the vapors."  

By hayman - Dec. 16, 2021, 11:38 a.m.
Like Reply

you woke up to puddles on all the ground everywhere outside of your house and on your drive to work.

#1) You can be 100% certain that it rained And conclude that;s all we (you) need to know. You say that it means that you don’t need to water your lawn now And don’t care about how much rain fell or what caused it.  This is your government cat peeing on you, your bed, desk, the floor and all over this great country and telling you that it is raining!   

#2) Then ,after you get home, you watch the local news and the meteorologist comes on with a report that shows how much rain fell at numerous reporting stations, including one close to your house and you say “everybody already knew that it rained last night, who cares about how much it rained and where” This is your in bed with government media propaganda giving you today's narrative to consume   

#3) Then they show the cold front and explain how it triggered the thunderstorms that caused the rain and you say “everybody already knew that it rained last night, who cares about what caused it” They make up some farfetched "science and statistics" to convince you to swallow their narrative without too much indigestion, they "climate change"  everything to suit their purpose   

#4) Like the rain event, there are details about the insurrection that allow us to understand it better. Not so much the details, but simply the bare, unvarnished truth, what you see with your own eyes, meditate on it, plainly in sight    

By mcfarm - Dec. 16, 2021, 1:41 p.m.
Like Reply

you make it way to complicated MM. Is so simple as to be an argument about words and deeds. Libs talk and conservatives cure. Trump governed as a conservative. And that was surprise to many, esp the deep state. And that right there started many of Trumps problems. From his first day til his last, his words on twitter and the deep state were there to ruin him. From Russia right thru the capitol riot they were there right smack in the middle. And if this so called investigation ends with not one charge leveled at the FBI we will know just how corrupt that investigation was. Just like Mueller, no difference. And thanks for the 31st time in answering my "insurrection" questions.

Now as for this Trump did nothing angle you are pushing. Its not true and you know it. Trump, as you know gave a speech and warned protestors to be peaceful and respectful hours before any such protests. So actually he was not only innocent of what you charge but proactive in trying to stop it.

By metmike - Dec. 16, 2021, 6 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm!

I rest my case on what people that watch FOX news are taught to  believe...which was the original point that joj started this thread with. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/79059/#79126

By mcfarm - Dec. 16, 2021, 6:54 p.m.
Like Reply

damn right, words v deeds.

By metmike - Dec. 16, 2021, 9:48 p.m.
Like Reply

And more information about the texts that Tim already knew about are being released for the rest of us to see:

Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan revealed as one lawmaker who sent text messages to Mark Meadows

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/12/16/jim-jordan-text-message-mark-meadows/8922949002/

Ex-Trump aide reveals the text she sent to Meadows on Jan. 6

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/12/16/jim-jordan-meadows-text-trump.cnn

But mcfarm is calling this all made up and sticking to his version, that Trump not only was not the cause of the Insurrection but he was doing things to prevent it.

"Trump, as you know gave a speech and warned protestors to be peaceful and respectful hours before any such protests. So actually he was not only innocent of what you charge but proactive in trying to stop it."

By TimNew - Dec. 17, 2021, 3:42 a.m.
Like Reply

And no, we absolutely did not know this before.  You can repeat that we already knew this to try to keep yourself convinced that we already know everything but here’s a good analogy to your rationalizing.

YOU  know everything that YOU want to know. Some of us want to know more.......and there’s plenty more to know and learn from as evidenced from this new information......and similar information that some people don’t want out there......which makes me want to see it even more.

I will ask again that you not use strawmen in these debates.

I did not say we knew Fox Personalities had contacted the Trump admin during the riot asking him to intervene.

What I said we we knew many had done so.  Then I asked how adding a couple of Fox personalities to the mix was significant? Quite frankly,  it's not.

You apparently don't care about significance.  You respond with "feigned melodrama", to what end, I can't imagine.

Also, there has been a house investigation,  a senate investigation, a DOJ investigation, about 400 individual criminal investigations and every left wing msm reporter tearing into this for nearly a year.   The stones left unturned are likely to be just as significant as learning a couple more people may have been in contact with someone in the whitehouse <GASP>.

This is political drama. Pelosi's insistence of only rabid Trump haters on the "select committee" is proof enough of the motivation here.   It's theater, because the dems are in deep doo doo and will use every tool in their arsenal to try and limit the damage that is likely to occur in the next election.  Midterm elections are always tough for rthe incumbent president's party,  but this one is shaping up to be a blood bath, and Pelosi et.al. know it.  

Problem is,  they continue to ignore the mood of most of the electorate.  Va was just a fluke, right?  But this theater is turning off the moderates just as much as all the other garbage they continue to ram down our throats.

I was really surprised to learn that some polls are showing Trump ahead  of Biden if the election were held today. I don't want Trump to run.  We have potential candidates with similar ideas who lack the crap that Trump carries with him everywhere he goes.  But this tells me something.   I.E., in the last election,"ANYONE BUT TRUMP" won. In the next election,  it's shaping up to be "ANYONE BUT DEMOCRATS".  And the tactics the left are currently using are only driving more nails into that coffin.   

By metmike - Dec. 17, 2021, 11:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim!

You make some great points that I seriously agree with.

I definitely could be in the anyone but democrats camp but would have to add just one exception...........as long as it's not Trump.

Extremely sad commentary on our presidential elections really.

In 2016, anybody but Clinton won.

In 2020, anybody but Trump won.

In 2024, anybody but democrats could be running against anybody but Trump.

As I've been saying for well over a year, there is a near 0% chance that Biden will be capable of running, no less run in 2024. 

It's obvious that Harris is woefully under qualified to be in her current position. If she ran, I would be shocked. And what could she run on?

By a wide margin, the democrats best chance to win in 2024 is if Trump runs.

Regardless of what this investigation finds.

That's why republicans need to totally reject everything that has to do with Trump and any people that cling to Trump because they want people/votes from people that like Trump.

He is toxic and a dangerous, dishonest/corrupt psychopath. Why not focus all the energy on positive things in the party and good things for our country and abandon the defense of Trump entirely. The democrats WANT you to defend Trump because then, you are fighting a battle they know they can win easily, especially  the ethical one.

Think about it. If republicans agreed with democrats on the Insurrection or just said, OK, have it your way....investigate all you want and obliterate Trump, WE AGREE WITH IT. Instead of battling over it and trying to prevent new evidence from coming out or ignoring new evidence and defending it.

I actually thought it looked good for FOX that they were texting the president to stop the riot. FOX knew better in private and should be proud of that fact. But they can't shine for doing that because their public position has been the Insurrection was not really that bad and Trump really didn't play the role that the MSM and Dems claim that he did. .............so they shot themselves in the foot defending something they tried to stop.  Wow, talk about the democrats having them over a barrel. They are loving this and its all because they have the high ground in every respect on the Insurrection and are capitalizing on it and the republicans/FOX have picked the low ground and are defending it.........forever. 

In any discussion on the Insurrection, for people like me, including never Trump republicans, you will get killed every time. Stop defending something thats indefensible.

Concede, including to new information coming out and acknowledge it as an independent event that has nothing to do with the 2020 riots. What if you, suddenly decided to condemn the Insurrection and agree with the dems?

Imagine that scenario. The dems and MSM would be totally disarmed!

Oh, but Trump would be destroyed. 

With regards to the new information with this investigation, why did you pretend that we only learned about 3 Fox news people texting?

If that was the entire extent of the new information from this  investigation.......then I would agree with you 100% but it isn't and for that reason...........objective Americans deserve to know more.

Just stop looking at it from a need to defend against it being investigated and used by the dems and that defense,  resulting in a defense of Trump..............and the inflicted potential damage the dems want to maximize from it............goes away. 

I'm not your enemy or adversary on this Tim. I seriously am trying to help you as a friend. 

By TimNew - Dec. 17, 2021, 12:42 p.m.
Like Reply

I don't know anyone,  including myself, that does not condemn the Jan 6 riots.   I apologize if I somehow gave you that impression.

As far as the 2020 riots,  they are in this discussion because you introduced them to this discussion.

I replied to this saying  that the 2020 riots were by any measure or criteria, far worse.  I can't imagine an inteligent argument against that statement.  But that does not mean I thought the Jan 6 riots were just swell.   Far from it, and I am ashamed that anyone anywhere near my politcal stance would have anything to do with it.   Obviously,  their beliefs are quite different from mine.  Unprovoked violence puts you on the wrong side automatically,  no matter how honorable you may feel your cause may be.

This was your next statement with which I took exception.  This "investigation" is entirely political.  As I said above, Jan 6th is the most investigated day in the history of humanity.  I sincerely doubt there is a shred of evidence of any significance yet to be found, but Pelosi Et Al are drawing this out for as long as they can, as they have nothing else to offer voters.

But we have come full circle on this debate, and baring any new information, I'm done with it.

By metmike - Dec. 17, 2021, 1:24 p.m.
Like Reply

"But we have come full circle on this debate, and baring any new information, I'm done with it."

Yes, you just ignored most of what I just typed.

Anyway, I'm not close to being done because the investigation is ongoing and giving us new information. 

I appreciate joj for tipping us off about something I wasn't paying much attention to.

We will start a new thread soon because this one is getting so long. 

Tim, you are very welcome to chime in at any time.

By metmike - Dec. 17, 2021, 1:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump is back to lying about his (NOT) calling the National Guard and claiming that Nancy Pelosi blocked him.

Why do people keep believing these made up things?

Oh, I know why. 

FOX also claims the same thing. Hannity specifically stated this same false statement, when I was watching his show this week. Blaming Nancy Pelosi for calling off the National Guard. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/79059/#79101

I honestly think that in many cases, Trump's position on things is after watching FOX or consulting with FOX(Hannity) but sometimes the other way around. There are just too many uncanny coincidences of when they backed each other's completely bogus stories to the letter. 

Again, I watch FOX and base it on metmike's first hand observations of FOX, not the MSM, dems or anything that I read. 

Fact check: Trump repeats false claim that Pelosi rejected request for National Guard ahead of Jan. 6

McKenzie Sadeghi

USA TODAY

December 16, 2021

As a House committee continues its investigation into the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol and former President Donald Trump goes on a speaking tour, debunked narrativesabout the deadly insurrection are resurfacing on social media.

Reports show military and law enforcement officials were unprepared and slow to respond to the riot. Trump has repeatedly attempted to blame that on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., claiming she rejected his request to deploy 10,000 National Guard troops to the Capitol ahead of his “Stop the Steal” rally.

Trump’s claim is one of many efforts by Republicans and supporters of the former president to shift blame and downplay the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol that resulted in four deaths and led to more than 600 arrests.

“Trump Says Pelosi Turned Down His Request For 10,000 National Guard Troops For Jan. 6 Rally…!!!” reads the caption of a Dec. 13 Facebook videothat accumulated more than 4,000 views within a couple days.

The video included in the post shows Trump speaking to a crowdon Dec. 11 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where he claimed he recommended 10,000 National Guard  troops be deployed because he knew the crowd size was going to be "enormous."

“I recommended 10 but I said do whatever they want, they’re running the Capitol, they know what they’re doing,” Trump says in the video. “And the Capitol police knew about it, she (Pelosi) knew about it, and they turned it down because they said it didn’t look good.”

But Trump’s claim was debunked by fact-checkers in March, after he first made the statement during a Fox News appearance, and it’s still not true. There is no evidence Trump made any formal request about deploying 10,000 National Guard troops before the rally.

Special access for subscribers! Click here to sign up for our fact-check text chat

USA TODAY reached out to Trump’s spokesperson and the Facebook page that shared the video for additional comment.

No record of the request

A government memo about the events leading up to Jan. 6, statements from Pelosi’s office and the Pentagon and testimony from the former House sergeant-at-arms show Trump did not request 10,000 troops ahead of the rally.

Drew Hammill, Pelosi's spokesperson, told USA TODAY that Pelosi’s office was not consulted or contacted regarding any request for the National Guard ahead of Jan. 6, and he noted the speaker of the House does not have the power to reject that type of request.

Claims that Pelosi was in charge of Capitol security on Jan. 6 have been previously debunked by USA TODAY.  The Capitol Police are overseen bythe Capitol Police Board and committees from the Senate and House of Representatives.

Fact check: Post falsely claims Pelosi is blocking Capitol Police officers from testifying

Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby had previously looked into Trump’s claim and told The Washington Postin March that “we have no record of such an order being given.”

A timeline from the Department of Defense only mentions an agreement made on Jan. 4 about potentially providing 340 District of Columbia National Guard members at the request of D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser to support traffic control points and to deploy a quick reaction force “if additional support is requested by civilian authorities.”

Additionally, when asked by Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, during a Feb. 23 Senate hearing if discussions took place on Jan. 4 with congressional leadership about bringing in the National Guard, former House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving said he "had no follow up conversations."

"It was not until the sixth that I alerted leadership that we might be making a request," Irving said. "And that was the end of the discussion."

More: Capitol riot misinformation persists: False claims continue to circulate on Facebook

While Trump never formally requested 10,000 National Guard troops, then-acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller told Vanity Fairthat Trump brought up the figure in conversation on the night before Jan. 6.

Our rating: False

Based on our research, we rate FALSE the claim that Pelosi rejected Trump's request for 10,000 National Guard troops to be deployed before Jan. 6. Pelosi's office said the speaker was not contacted about deploying the National Guard prior to the rally, and the Pentagon has previously stated that there is no record of the request. A timeline from the Department of Defense about the events leading up to Jan. 6 does not include any mention of a request for 10,000 National Guard members. The former House sergeant-at-arms said he did not have any discussions with congressional leaders about the National Guard until the day of the riot.

metmike: The main reason why people blatantly lie about the circumstances when they are accused of doing something wrong.......is that the truth shows they did it....so they can't use the truth to defend themselves and must lie instead.

Look at every (real) crime show/documentary on tv today. When they bring in a suspect for questioning for murder and they make up huge lies...........WE ALL KNOW THEY DID IT!

It's a top indicator for investigators, who might not have all the evidence yet, TO SUSPECT THEY MUST HAVE DONE THE CRIME. 

Pelosi did not reject appeals for troops to secure US Capitol

https://factcheck.afp.com/pelosi-did-not-reject-appeals-troops-secure-us-capitol

By TimNew - Dec. 18, 2021, 5:41 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes, you just ignored most of what I just typed.

OFGS. No,  I read everything you typed.  As I said,  I'm still waiting for new indformation.  Like how the Jan 6th riot was worse than the riots of 2020.      But I won't hold my breath.  Hyperbole does not stand well under even minor scrutiny.

BTW, from your "Fact Check" that claims "there is no evidence" that Trump requested guards"..

Trump had encouraged his supporters to come to Washington on Jan. 6 to protest the results of his election loss to Joe Biden. At a rally on the Ellipse, outside the White House, he urged those in attendance to march to the Capitol, where a joint session of Congress was officially counting the electoral votes from the election. The proceedings were interrupted by a mob in an attack that left five people dead.

How much BS is cramed into the short paragraph above?   

Lets see.  Trump did encourage supporters to come to DC on the 6th.  After that, it's pretty much BS.   He, on multiple occasions, insisted on peaceful protest. Many Many times.

The "coup" at the captical began long before his speech on the 6th was finished.   The people who actually attented the speech assembled peacefully.

The riot left 5 DEAD!!!    Other than the gaurd who shot one unarmed female protester in the back,  what were the causes of death?  Ironically, the left has made this "gaurd" a hero.  But I digress.

So, other than an obviously FOS fact check article,   whatcha got?

By metmike - Dec. 18, 2021, 10:26 a.m.
Like Reply

"As I said,  I'm still waiting for new indformation."

All I can do is keep giving you that new information. However,

You can Lead a Horse to Water but You cannot Make Him Drink | Water quotes,  Horses, Inspirational posters

What congressional investigations are revealing about the Capitol insurrection

https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2021/12/15/insurrection-documents-latest-on-investigating-january-6th

'Need to end this call': January 6 committee reveals new text messages to Meadows on House floor

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/14/politics/january-6-committee-text-messages/index.html

metmike: Tim,

I was like you earlier this year/until a short while ago,  about the previous investigations and  what I thought we knew but after seeing this stuff........I realize there is a ton more that we are learning and  can learn about what led up to and happened during the Insurrection that wasn't out there before and still isn't all out there. 

I even stopped paying attention and this is where posters here often teach me things or tune me into things. joj started this thread off and it caused me to respond....because I always respond to everybody, regardless of the topic and it was a sort of wake up call on the investigation.

Appreciate it joj!   

By TimNew - Dec. 18, 2021, 1:33 p.m.
Like Reply

I guess I need to make myself more clear.

When I say I'm looking for new information, what I mean is information that has not been common knowledge for months.  

Did we hear Trump try to convince official and the public that the election was a sham?  I would assume it's safe to say we've all known that for quite some tim,

Did we know that assorted people contacted the admin asking them to intervene in some way, ask the protesters to go home?   I don't know about you,  but I heard this quite some timws ago.

I read through your links and I did not see anything outside of the two points above.

Did I miss something?

ALso, I'm still waiting for your explanation as to how the Jan 6th riot was worse than the riots across the country for much of 2020.

By metmike - Dec. 18, 2021, 10:07 p.m.
Like Reply

"ALso, I'm still waiting for your explanation as to how the Jan 6th riot was worse than the riots across the country for much of 2020."

And you keep ignoring the response.

The 2020 riots were not connected in any way to the Insurrection. They were independent events. They had nothing to do with each other.

I said numerous times here that the 2020 riots were worse and people that committed those crimes should have been held accountable. 

However, because the left committed crimes that went unprosecuted or underprosecuted.....doesn't meant the right and can commit crimes.........as long as they aren't as bad. 

Is there a political hypocrisy going on in the criminal justice system with these 2 events?

Yes and I've pointed it out many times.

However, you should stop using the 2020 riots to defend the 2021 Insurrection, every time stating that the Insurrection was not as  bad as something else.

So what? 

If I kill 50 people and get away with it, then the following year you kill 15 people,  is your defense that you killed 35 less people than me?

With the new information that we've learned about the Insurrection and now, after watching the majority of republicans still insisting that the election was stolen from Trump a year after he clearly lost...... I've adjusted my position accordingly based on those facts,  and realize the Insurrection mentality was and is continuing to be FAR more serious than what I believed initially.

The Insurrection mindset continues with tens of millions of republicans today.

82% of Fox News, 97% of OANN, Newsmax Viewers Believe Trump's Stolen Election Claim: Poll

https://www.newsweek.com/82-fox-news-97-oann-newsmax-viewers-believe-trumps-stolen-election-claim-poll-1644756

We MUST learn as much as possible about it and aggressively prosecute in order to show that this mindset and violations of laws and the Constitution because of it will be met with extreme consequences to prevent future events like it.

You can see below,  from just some of the posts that I made, that metmike strongly believes the riots of 2020 were very bad and I've pointed it out here at least a dozen times...........so please stop with this "the 2020 riots were worse" rhetoric and republican narrative.

I've been saying it this year too.

If you keep bringing it up as if I haven't already responded, I am just going to link you to this response/post which is an over kill, long winded elaboration of previous responses.

Deal with the Insurrection based on the Insurrection facts and the bad actors who caused the Insurrection, participated in the Insurrection and should be held accountable for the Insurrection. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/65954/#66001

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/78104/#78118

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/64063/#64121

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/62731/#62849

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/62603/#62618

By mcfarm - Dec. 19, 2021, 6:52 a.m.
Like Reply

well we might as well start the craziness for 2024. Watching one of the crazy reports on Msnbc, you know as I only watch Fox, according to some. And what are they reporting on. Yes the insurrection planned for 2024. Not that they would make anything up. Just wait for Schiff and the committee to get ahold of this. We will really learn new stuff then. Maybe subpoena a few "seers" to for tell all the details.

By TimNew - Dec. 19, 2021, 8:05 a.m.
Like Reply

The 2020 riots were not connected in any way to the Insurrection. They were independent events. They had nothing to do with each other.

This is another irrelvant strawman.  I, in no way justify the Jan 6 riots, and certainly don't use the riots of 2020. I'd like to know why Jan 6 gets so much more attention, and the only real attention on the 2020 riots was when Rittenhouse killed a few of his attackers..  But I really don't need an answer.  Thanks for acknowledging that 2020 riots were worse.

"We keep learning new things about the insurrectrion"?    Please itemize the "new Information" we've learned.  Just to be clear, By "New Infrmation" I mean something within the last few weeks.

If you have no questions about the integrity of our elections, after all the evidence that's been presented in the TWO counties that had a thourough audit,...  Nevermind..... 

By cutworm - Dec. 19, 2021, 12:23 p.m.
Like Reply

If they really were trying to get to the bottom of Jan 6, this accusation needs to be addressed:

Rep. Massie Asks AG Garland If Feds Incited The Jan. 6 Riot. His Answer Will Leave You Speechless - YouTube 

By metmike - Dec. 19, 2021, 12:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Seriously cutworm?

You need to add some fact checking to your far right sources to vet out bs.

Using a YouTube video and a judge saying he isn't commenting is evidence of............LACK OF EVIDENCE. The complete opposite of what you claim.

Why would we need an investigation into something already busted(but is being used as  far right false narrative rhetoric that everybody else sees as a farce)?

Fact check: Claims of FBI role in Jan. 6 Capitol attack are false

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/06/25/fact-check-no-evidence-fbi-organized-jan-6-capitol-riot/7753276002/

There’s still no evidence that the FBI incited the Jan. 6 riot, despite stories claiming otherwise

https://www.politifact.com/article/2021/nov/17/story-doesnt-confirm-trump-supporter-jan-6-riot-fb/

But we know where you get this bs stuff from. Here's one the main sources:

Tucker Carlson

stated on November 1, 2021 in a documentary film:

Federal agents directly incited people on Jan. 6, 2021, and "intentionally entrapped" American citizens.

false

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/nov/04/tucker-carlson/tucker-carlsons-conspiracy-theory-about-fbi-and-ja/

By metmike - Dec. 19, 2021, 1:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

Your MO when there is a disagreement here and I respond with evidence or answers is to completely ignore it or mischaracterize it, then repeat the same questions and/or make the exact same comments as if they were not already addressed......then, declare that I had my arse handed to me.

My sincere objective here in every post is to provide authentic information that people  with objective minds can learn from.......that includes me learning. And I have learned some things from you. One of them, from this thread  is stated in the above paragraph. 

I have already answered and responded to you with clarity on this. Scroll up if you want to see that. Repeating it over and over would mean I didn't learning anything from(about) you Tim!

Stay tuned for additional posts if we find out even more about the investigation.

Thanks again joj for opening my eyes here about the ongoing investigation.

By metmike - Dec. 19, 2021, 3:29 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm has started a new thread on this, so we need to continue this same discussion at his new thread so that posters can have conversations with  each other effectively. 

learning so much more from the Jan 6th committee            

11 responses |          

Started by mcfarm - Dec. 17, 2021, 6:06 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/79199/#79282

By cutworm - Dec. 19, 2021, 3:42 p.m.
Like Reply

If we are going to have an investigation, we should find out about this individual. Your fact checkers only say there is no current information about FBI involvement. But we don't know anything about this instigator. Who is he? what does he have to say about his actions? We will never know unless there is an investigation. Instead we are worried about who text that they wanted the violence to stop. IMHO a good thing. I thought that you wanted more info, I do 

By metmike - Dec. 19, 2021, 4:01 p.m.
Like Reply

I completely agree with that cutworm.

So you agree then, that we still don't know everything there is to learn and the only way to learn more...........is with our investigation. 

Him not commenting means exactly zero BTW. 

It could very well mean that their investigation is targeting this guys connections/accomplices  and he's giving investigators information that they would no longer get if they revealed details of the investigation to the targets.....before that aspect of the investigation is over.

But I do agree with you that we won't find out who this guy is and more things by shutting down the investigations.  

By metmike - Dec. 19, 2021, 4:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Since you wanted to know who this guy is, I spent a few minutes to find out about him for you:

Arizona man who was at U.S. Capitol Jan. 6 featured in video during House hearing with AG Merrick Garland

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2021/10/22/arizona-man-capitol-riot-house-hearings-thomas-massie-merrick-garland/6135771001/

Who is Ray Epps?

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3936657/who-is-ray-epps/

Epps is a resident of Queen Creek, Arizona, and is the owner of the Knotty Barn wedding venue. The information on the website says Epps grew up on a cattle farm, spending most of his career as a contractor.

His work led him to Las Vegas where he met his future wife, Robyn, who hired Epps to fix the leaker roof at apartments owned by her employer.

The couple moved back to Queen Creek in 2010 and bought a 5-acre farm, and named it Rocking R Farms.

When their farm started to deteriorate from competitors selling grass-fed beef, Epps and his wife decided to turn their farm into a wedding venue, the wedding site says.

Epps is also listed alongside Robyn as an officer for Patriot Holdings, LLC which is listed as an alternative commercial real estate company.

By metmike - Dec. 19, 2021, 4:53 p.m.
Like Reply

There’s still no evidence the FBI incited the Jan. 6 riot, despite claims otherwise

PolitiFact  |  A story by conservative blog Revolver News draws speculative conclusions about Ray Epps, a Trump supporter who attended the Jan. 6 riot. 

https://www.tampabay.com/news/nation-world/2021/11/18/theres-still-no-evidence-the-fbi-incited-the-jan-6-riot-despite-claims-otherwise/

"Revolver, run by Darren Beattie, a Trump speechwriter who was fired after he appeared on a panel with a white nationalist, has floated this unproven narrative before. Fox News host Tucker Carlson amplified the claim in his conspiratorial documentary series that attempted to recast the events of Jan. 6 and featured Beattie as a source."

"Epps never appears to have entered the Capitol or engaged in violence as many of the more than 600 others facing charges did. The investigation is ongoing."

metmike: This stuff gets pretty silly sometimes. The speculation and spin and twisting of facts.

By mcfarm - Dec. 19, 2021, 5:38 p.m.
Like Reply

"this stuff get pretty silly"  and yet we have schiff running the show. Not that he would drive anything off in the ditch.

By metmike - Dec. 19, 2021, 5:47 p.m.
Like Reply

I trust Schiff less than almost any other person on the planet!

By mcfarm - Dec. 19, 2021, 6:02 p.m.
Like Reply

If that is true MM you have a major problem in believing most anything in a report printed by this committee. Just like the Russia hoax. Schiff was at the epicenter of most of the falsehoods there and is off to a great start in the public totally finding not much in this report.

By metmike - Dec. 19, 2021, 7:49 p.m.
Like Reply

No mcfarm,

Schiff isn’t responsible for all the bad things that trump and republicans did after he lost the election.

This has zero to do with the Russian hoax or mueller witch hunt.

Zero.

By mcfarm - Dec. 19, 2021, 9:53 p.m.
Like Reply

of course it has nothing to do with the hoax, other than one of the biggest crooks in congress is in control. Again. Schiff is a felon who should be in jail. Sort of like OJ writing the verdict in his own trial. OJ is real busy still trying to find the real killers and Schiff is busy making crap up.