Capitol Police officer says it's a 'disgrace' that Pence is dismissing January 6
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Dec. 31, 2021, 10:39 a.m.

Capitol Police officer says it's a 'disgrace' that Pence is dismissing January 6: 'We did everything possible to prevent him from being hanged and killed in front of his daughter and his wife'

https://news.yahoo.com/capitol-police-officer-says-disgrace-170534336.html

metmike: One reason to show this link is because of the debate. After watching the excerpts of the debate between  Pence and Harris, I can't help but feel that Pence obliterated her. 

Many of the statements made by both sides were manufactured or exaggerated  but hers were the worst by far. 

Comments
By bear - Dec. 31, 2021, 11:02 a.m.
Like Reply

sorry, but on this issue there is a Lot of hypocritical partisan horse manure.  

i am against the violence on the right and the violence on the left.  but... there was one day of violence by right wing protesters. and there was day after day, week after week, month after month of violence by left wing protesters.  

the dems in washington will hold hearings on right wing violence, but never a word about all that left wing violence.  that is just hypocritical partisan horse manure.  (i don't think you want me to use stronger language). 

if we are going to prosecute right wing violence, then we also need to prosecute left wing violence.  

yes, some people on the left attacked public buildings, and wanted to overthrow the establishment.  should we call it an insurrection?  the liberal news outlets would claim... these are mostly peaceful protests... while they were ignoring the violence.  

is congress spending large amounts of time holding hearings on all that violence by the left?  

if the WH and congress were controlled by pubs, then  they would Not be holding hearings on jan 6, but instead they would probably hold hearings on the left wing violent protests.  and i would still call that hypocritical partisan horse manure.  

if the violent protests are investigated and prosecuted on one side of the political spectrum,  then it should also be investigated, and prosecuted on the other side.  

why does much of the media only spend time talking about jan 6?  and ignores all the left wing violence?  

By bear - Dec. 31, 2021, 11:06 a.m.
Like Reply

yes, i think trump and pence both should have immediately told supporters/protesters,... NO violence.  peaceful protests are ok, but violence is Not acceptable.  

By metmike - Dec. 31, 2021, 11:14 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks bear!

Maybe you were not around for these discussions about that topic. It's totally cool to open up a new thread on this(which I actually did because I liked the debate at that link) but my opinions were repeated several times there if anybody wants them:

If you have been watching Fox News...            

59 responses |             

Started by joj - Dec. 14, 2021, 8:55 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/79059/

learning so much more from the Jan 6th committee            

32 responses |             

Started by mcfarm - Dec. 17, 2021, 6:06 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/79199/