90,000 US COVID-19 deaths could have been prevented by vaccines in 4 months, 2 leading US nonprofits estimate
metmike: Please Read the articles at the first link and the last link below with overwhelming support of links in between. I actually could have posted hundreds of links/sources that all say the exact same thing! Far right MISinformation is killing many tens of thousands of people and most of the targets are the republicans that believe it!
Covid-19: Unvaccinated face 11 times risk of death from delta variant, CDC data show
COVID-19 Cases, Hospitalizations, and
Deaths by Vaccination Status
Washington State Department of Health
January 05, 2022
Unvaccinated 12-34 year-olds in Washington are
• 2 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 12-34 year-olds.
• 10 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 12-34 year-
Unvaccinated 35-64 year-olds are
• 3 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 35-64 year-olds.
• 14 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 35-64 year-
Unvaccinated 65+ year-olds are
• 6 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds.
• 13 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-
• 15 times more likely to die of COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated 65+ year-olds
Unvaccinated people form 90% Covid deaths in govt hospitals in last two months: TN Health Department
Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/national/south/unvaccinated-people-form-90-covid-deaths-in-govt-hospitals-in-last-two-months-tn-health-department-1036933.html
Department of Health PA
The Department of Health's monthly update on COVID-19 post-vaccination cases, commonly known as "breakthrough," includes data from Jan. 1, 2021 to Dec. 6, 2021, which shows the overwhelming majority of cases, hospitalizations and deaths were among unvaccinated, or not fully vaccinated, people:
- 85 percent of reported COVID-19 cases were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people.
- 87 percent of reported hospitalizations with COVID-19 as the primary diagnosis/cause of admission were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people.
- 86 percent of COVID-19-related deaths were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people.
The data shows that the COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective for preventing hospitalizations and deaths, even as more post-vaccination cases occur in the context of more transmissible variants and more residents getting vaccinated.
94% of Alabama COVID-19 deaths among unvaccinated
2 days ago — Every day, there are patients dying in our hospitals who really don't need to die,” said one south-central Pennsylvania hospital leader.
Covid-19: More than 90% of hospital deaths in 4th wave are in unvaccinated, partially vaccinated people
Why Covid Death Rates Are Rising for Some Groups
The higher vaccination rate for older people has helped to protect them.
91% of NC COVID deaths in 2021 were among those not fully vaccinated
95% of Alabama’s COVID deaths, 90% of cases among unvaccinated: ADPH
Almost All U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Now in the Unvaccinated
COVID-19 Cases and Deaths by Vaccination Status-Texas
- From September 4 through October 1, 2021:
- Unvaccinated people were 13 times more likely to become infected with COVID-19 than fully vaccinated people.
- Unvaccinated people were 20 times more likely to experience COVID-19-associated death than fully vaccinated people.
- Vaccination had a strong protective effect on infections and deaths among people of all ages. The protective impact on infections was consistent across adult age groups and even greater in people ages 12 to 17 years. The protective impact on COVID-19 deaths, which was high for all age groups, varied more widely. In the September time frame, unvaccinated people in their 40s were 55 times more likely to die from COVID-19 compared with fully vaccinated people of the same age. Unvaccinated people aged 75 years and older were 12 times more likely to die than their vaccinated counterparts.
Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame
People living in counties that went 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.73 times the death rates of those that went for Biden. Counties with an even higher share of the vote for Trump saw higher COVID-19 mortality rates.
In October, the reddest tenth of the country saw death rates that were six times higher than the bluest tenth, according to Charles Gaba, an independent health care analyst who's been tracking partisanship trends during the pandemic and helped to review NPR's methodology. Those numbers have dropped slightly in recent weeks, Gaba says: "It's back down to around 5.5 times higher."