The virus
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 18, 2022, 8:36 a.m.

I don't know what you folks think but in Canada we mostly agree with Tim

In Canada we mostly agree, we will all get the virus one way or another except for the rare instance of no symptoms or postive test

Once we have all got the virus then it becomes much more like the flue and that much we can deal with

At present most people are thinking it is just a matter of time before we get the virus

Our infection rates have exploded but deaths have not become an issue

Comments
Re: The virus
0 likes
By metmike - Jan. 18, 2022, 10:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

Are you only reading Tim's posts and far right articles?

Over 100,000 people died last year from NOT getting vaccinated. They are gone man. While you guys were arguing over the right to NOT get vaccinated, those insisting on having that right were dropping into graves to the tune of 6 figure deaths.

I understand that we have in our history, many brave people that fought and died so that today, we have the freedoms that we do.

Every one of them is turning in their graves watching anti science, anti government, political, low comprehension people dying for the right to be stupid and spreading stupidity and COVID and overtaxing our hospitals that are filled to over capacity in many places because of the unvaccinated.

My wife had to wait an extra 2 months to get a colonoscopy because they are not scheduling anything but life saving medical procedures because the doctors and hospitals are using up all their resources on people sick with COVID........most of them unvaccinated.

No big deal for her to wait to get her colonoscopy. One heck of a huge deal for these people below and their families.  These were all PREVENTABLE deaths.

90,000 US COVID-19 deaths could have been prevented             

Started by metmike - Jan. 9, 2022, 4:23 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/80126/

You can get herd immunity from 2 different ways.

1. By getting vaccinated.

2. By getting the disease.

In 2021, we had the opportunity to have much better herd immunity from the deadly Delta COVID by having a higher vaccination rate. Sadly, anti COVID vaxx MISinformation sabatoged the efforts of people trying to increase our vaccination rate.

In 2022, we have some good news. Omicron COVID is so contagious that almost everybody will get it and we should establish pretty good herd immunity. Since it's 91% less deadly, less unvaccinated  people will have to die in 2022.

After this happens, I can already see the statements from the anti vaxx,. anti science people........."see, we told you we didn't need to all get vaccinated for herd immunity"

Right. Tell that to all the unvaccinated people that have already died from Delta and there will still be others(just not as many) that die from Omicron because they were not vaccinated.

By metmike - Jan. 18, 2022, 10:27 p.m.
Like Reply

I realize that I'm just 1 objective scientist/moderator at 1 site.

I may have all the authentic data/science and compelling evidence/proof with all the facts to represent the truth.

But I'm like a few drops of water in an Olympic sized pool.

There hundreds of MISinformation websites and sources that sound/read convincing to people that want to hear their stuff and not the truth.

All we can do is........our best. At least people reading this right now are coming here at this moment and maybe a light will go on in their heads or they will use the authentic information to power the enlightenment light bulb  in their heads......to counter the deceitful darkness of DISinformation being spread all over the place in our world today:

COVID, vaccine misinformation spread by hundreds of websites, analysis finds

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2021/09/08/covid-vaccine-misinformation-spread-websites-analysis-finds/5732789001/

If it only helps a few people to see the truth.............that's a few people more than if I wasn't posting here.

KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor: Media and Misinformation

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-media-and-misinformation/

Majority of Covid misinformation came from 12 people, report finds

CCDH finds ‘disinformation dozen’ have combined following of 59 million people across multiple social media platforms

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/17/covid-misinformation-conspiracy-theories-ccdh-report

metmike: I have to admit though. It get's tiring to have to repeat the same things over and over for months and months but again, if it helps just a few people........it's worth it.

However, my wife has a new business that she wants my PAID assistance with and I cant justify continuing to do this for free  to make the world a better place.