Stock market top
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by mikempt - Jan. 23, 2022, 8:16 a.m.

Today,jan 23.2022, Myself,The Most Profitable Trader is calling a top in the stock market! I arrived at this opinion,not based on useless network news,but from the weekly stock market charts. Do I care the market is topping? No!  

I will play the short side $$$$$$$$$$$

Comments
By joj - Jan. 23, 2022, 8:29 a.m.
Like Reply

In my opinion, it is mostly about the Fed.  If they go after inflation with 4 rate hikes, we are in for rough sledding.  If they lighten up with only a couple of hikes, the market can recover.  Opinions seem split out there about the number of rate hikes coming this year.

By mikempt - Jan. 23, 2022, 8:30 a.m.
Like Reply

By buck1400 - Jan. 24, 2022, 12:10 p.m.
Like Reply

All hail MPT!

Thanks for your contributions.  Always appreciate your ideas.

By TimNew - Jan. 25, 2022, 7:34 a.m.
Like Reply

The oversold indications are off the charts.  The market action currently looks like we are reaching a bottom and many analysts feel that there has been an overreaction to the feds stated plans.

As I've said a few times,  I've been moving to cash and also muni's over the last couple months.  It's saved me a lot of money, tho I took a pretty good hit financialy in Q4:21 and so far this year.   But I have  a lot more liquidity than normal.

That said,  there are a lot of relatively cheap stocks out there.  I am not quite ready to pull the trigger. Too many warning signs out there for my taste,  but I am watching closely.  Yesterday's action should serve as a warning shot to bears.

As usual,  I will probably reenter too early,  before the actual bottom.  But I'm pretty sure my purchase prices will end up looking like bargains in the not too distant.  Certainly before year end.     

By metmike - Jan. 25, 2022, 11:43 a.m.
Like Reply

Great call Mike!

Stock market news live updates: Stocks plunge as investors await Fed policy-setting meeting

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-news-live-updates-january-25-2022-233305025.html

By metmike - Jan. 25, 2022, 12:01 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Jan. 25, 2022, 12:08 p.m.
Like Reply
By TimNew - Jan. 26, 2022, 12:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Predicting Equity Market Disrection right now is about as easy as predicting the outcome of a Buffalo Bills playoff game.