Trump's Accounting Firm Quits Him
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Feb. 19, 2022, 9:27 a.m.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/02/18/george-conway-trump-mazars/

I looked on Fox News website for several days and not a whisper about the extremely unusual news that Trump's accounting firm will no longer stand behind his financial statements or his taxes.  They quit him.  Trump's lame excuse was that NY prosecutors pressured them to quit.   In fact, accountants (mine, yours and everyone's) can only work with what they are given.  And of course, Trump, being the lying liar that he is, gave them a pack of lies.  Why should his accountants go to jail for him?

Good luck finding an accounting firm willing to represent Trump.

Never bet against the survival of the Donald.  But maybe this time????.....

Comments
By metmike - Feb. 19, 2022, 12:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks a ton joj!

I saw that but didn't want to get too carried away with opening new threads hammering Trump from just me (though he deserves it) and wanted to try to focus on the insurrection stuff using objectivity with my posts.

But since you opened this thread for discussion on a legit topic, that frees me to jump in and provide more facts!

By metmike - Feb. 20, 2022, 11:23 a.m.
Like Reply

Donald Trump must testify in New York investigation, judge rules

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/17/donald-trump-must-testify-in-new-york-investigation-judge-rules

Judge Arthur Engoron on Thursday ordered Trump and his two eldest children, Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr, to comply with subpoenas issued in December by New York Attorney General Letitia James, who is probing Trump’s real estate development group.

Trump and his two children must sit for a deposition within 21 days, said Engoron, who issued the ruling after a two-hour hearing with lawyers for the Trumps and James’ office.

“In the final analysis, a State Attorney General commences investigating a business entity, uncovers copious evidence of possible financial fraud, and wants to question, under oath, several of the entities’ principals, including its namesake. She has the clear right to do so,” Engoron wrote in his decision.

James’s civil investigation parallels a separate criminal investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney’s office of Trump’s organisation, creating a difficult legal quandary for the former president and his family.

James has said her investigation has revealed evidence Trump’s company used “fraudulent or misleading” valuations of assets like golf resorts and skyscrapers to get loans and tax benefits. But, if Trump testifies in the civil probe, anything he says could be used against him in the criminal investigation, his lawyers said.