Michigan coach must go...now
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Feb. 21, 2022, 7:49 a.m.

Michigan AD released a statement that he will work with the Big Ten to decide IF {IF}???? WHAT? any punishment is warranted. What the hell? If that is his stance fire that idiot also. Fire them both now, today, immediately. And put an adult in each position. Damn this is infuriating.

And to top this mess off we find out the idiot coach { an known cheater from high schools and including his days as a Michigan player} did not even know why the Wisconsin coach called the time out with seconds to go......as if that was any of his business anyway, yet still had the audacity when given a chance after the game to attach any blame to himself what so ever. yes you can hide bad character for a while but it soon rises to the top and this guy {Howard } has had bad character for years and should of never been round college kids trying to learn better.

Comments
By metmike - Feb. 21, 2022, 9:55 p.m.
Like Reply

"an known cheater from high schools and including his days as a Michigan player"

You're very  confused on that mcfarm,

Howard wasn't a part of that scandal. He's from Chicago, NOT the  Detroit area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juwan_Howard

Howard was an All-American center and an honors student at Chicago Vocational Career Academy. Michigan was able to sign him early over numerous competing offers and then convince others in his recruiting class to join him. The Fab Five, which included Chris Webber, Jalen Rose, Jimmy King and Ray Jackson, served as regular starters during their freshman and sophomore years for the 1991–92 and 1992–93 Wolverines. Although many of the Wolverines' accomplishments of the 1990s were vacated due to NCAA rules violations committed by four members of the program, Howard was not personally implicated in the scandal and his 1993–94 All-American season continues to be recognized.

After one season as an All-Rookie player and a second as an All-Star and an All-NBA performer, he became the first NBA player to sign a $100 million contract. In 2010, he signed with the Miami Heat and went on to make his first career NBA Finals appearance. He remained with the Heat the following season and won his first NBA championship during the 2012 NBA Finals. He returned to the Heat for part of the following season, and won a second championship. After retiring as a player in 2013, he remained with the Heat organization as an assistant coach for the next six seasons, before accepting the head coaching position at Michigan in 2019.

Howard earned numerous awards for his performance as a coach in the 2020–21 season,[2] during which he led the Wolverines to the Big Ten championship

Instead of Erasing Its Fab Five Past, Michigan Embraces It With Juwan Howard Hire        May 22, 2019,  9:27pm EDT

Howard is the latest former NBA All-Star to coach his alma mater. His return is an opportunity for the Wolverines to embrace a period in their basketball history that they have long tried to forget.

https://www.theringer.com/2019/5/22/18636494/juwan-howard-michigan-wolverines-john-beilein-fab-five

metmike: Howard got his fair punishment.

Michigan basketball's Juwan Howard suspended the rest of regular season; two players banned one game

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2022/02/21/juwan-howard-suspended-michigan-basketball-wisconsin-fight/6876456001/

By mcfarm - Feb. 21, 2022, 10:19 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Feb. 21, 2022, 11:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for passing on the racist view mcfarm.

I've always had the complete opposite view of Howard knowing some of the good things that he's done for people and many accomplishments that HE WORKED VERY HARD FOR AND EARNED. Not one of them was because he's black.

Your sources bs, racist opinion is wrong about him and offensive:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Michigan basketball coach Juwan Howard believes he’s untouchable.

And why shouldn’t he? The rules imposed by our China-influenced institutions of government, education, sport, media (corporate and social), and art grant him a bigoted form of privilege.

Howard is black, elite, and a supporter of left-wing social justice. He checks all the boxes for the elimination of standards, accountability, and adult expectations. Our current culture immunizes Howard from real consequence. He took the blackcine, the alleged experimental cure for bigotry that injects people with the mindset that black people are inferior and can’t be held to the same standards as white, Asian, and Latino people.

Howard is fully blackcinated and boosted."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As I posted earlier but you probably didn't read but I'll help you out with that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juwan_Howard

"On April 18, Howard announced his intention to enter the 1994 NBA draft.[100]  The following day, Rose announced he would enter the draft as well.[101] Howard was 37 credit hours short of University of Michigan degree requirements, but said he intended to keep his promise to his grandmother that he would earn his diploma.[102]Howard left Michigan after being named an Associated Press third team All-American during his junior year, and was taken by the Washington Bullets fifth overall in the 1994 NBA Draft.[103]  Howard was represented by David Falk

Howard became the first NBA athlete who entered the draft early and graduated with his academic class,[105] thus fulfilling a promise he had made to his grandmother on the last day he saw her alive.[106][107] He told Mitch Albom that when he made it to the NBA, he realized how much leisure time the multimillionaire players had and decided to do something productive instead of find ways to spend his new riches. "I knew if I kept pushing it off, I'd never get it done", he said. He completed his final 32 course hours by taking summer classes in 1994 during the NBA off-season. He took correspondence classes and independent study courses during the following season, studying on road trips and mailing in his papers from the nearest post office. In the end, he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in  communications at Michigan. He told Albom that earning his degree made him a better example when speaking about staying in school.[107]  Although Howard had spent the prior year playing in the NBA, he returned to campus to partake in graduation ceremonies with his classmates.[106]   During the graduation, keynote speaker Marian Wright Edelman paid special recognition to Howard and Fab Five teammates King and Jackson, who graduated together, and noted that Howard's graduation made him a role model for children.

On May 22, 2019, Howard was named the head coach of the Michigan Wolverines men's basketball team, signing a five-year contract.[289][290] In 2021, after guiding the Wolverines to a 14–3 Big Ten record and their first Big Ten regular season title in seven years, Howard was named the Big Ten Conference Coach of the Year, Sporting News Coach of the Year, and Associated Press College Basketball Coach of the Year, and awarded the Henry Iba Award by the USBWA.[291][292][293][294][295] Michigan was named a No. 1 seed in the 2021 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament, making Howard the first person in NCAA history to enter the tournament as a No. 1 seed as both a player and a coach.[296] On November 16, 2021, Michigan signed Howard to a five-year contract extension through the 2025–26 season.

As a student athlete at the University of Michigan, Howard volunteered to visit patients at the University of Michigan Health System Hospitals in Ann Arbor, Michigan.[320] While juggling professional basketball duties and coursework as an NBA rookie/student-athlete, he continued to find time for charity work and hospital visits.[107] His humanitarian works included a Stay in School Jam for 6,500 local area students that he participated in along with several teammates and R&B artist Usher.[321]

Howard is active in fostering youth basketball activities through the Juwan Howard Foundation, which helps underprivileged youth in Washington, D.C. and Chicago. He was recognized in 2001 as one of the "Good Guys in Sports" by The Sporting News for his civic contributions.[322][323] In April 2010, Howard won the NBA Cares Community Assist Award for his community efforts, philanthropic work and charitable contributions.[324] He runs a yearly free basketball camp for youth, which is made possible by a partnership between the Juwan Howard Foundation and the Chicago Public Schools (CPS), Jordan Brand, Dell Computers, EMI Music, Vitamin Water and the NBA.[325] His foundation partners with the CPS for a reading challenge; the top 300 readers, out of 30,000 annually, attend his camp.[324] During and after his time as a member of the Heat, Howard was active in South Florida community outreach, fundraising and humanitarian efforts"

We’re codifying cultural norms that lower or eliminate all standards of behavior and achievement for black people. You can see it in the education system, the criminal justice system, and the sports world. Leftists are defining black people as incapable of meeting traditional cultural norms. We’ve been defined as a special group worthy of a capital B that distinguishes us from the masses.

metmike: You also didn't acknowledge your smearing Howard earlier with a lie about him cheating in high school and college that I showed you was wrong.

Instead of acknowledging that, you doubled down with an opinion from a far right source that depicts Howard and blacks in a biased way.

By mcfarm - Feb. 22, 2022, 7:11 a.m.
Like Reply

FYI my source is one of the few black journalist who deals in truth. Well, known for years because he actually has lost jobs and income because he is such a straight shooter. And if you missed it , he is black and was a black athlete and knows that world better, far better than most. 

Now back to the facts. You want to claim Howard is a character guy? Does that make you feel better? Its far from the truth. yes he had 5 kids with 4 women, or is that 6 kids with 5 because of the one he did not claim, who really knows at this point. Was prosecueted twice for passing STD to unknowing women. After being forced to take a DNA test by the court and it came back 99.9 that the kid was his he promptly disowned the kid and the mother of the child. You are correct in one respect he was one of the better of the bunch of character guys the fab 5 was...ha...as in no character what so ever.

As a leader of young men, many of which come from tough back grounds this is hardly the man for the job. Should of never been hired. Should of been canned after last years incident with another coach and  now it looks like the spaghetti spines at Michigan don't even have enough back bone to fire him after this far worse incident. What's it going to take? Maybe if he goes off just one more time they will step up, of course next time will be far too late. Lessons have already been learned at Michigan. And these lessons are hardly character building.

And you did not acknowledge your smearing of Jason Whitlock.

By metmike - Feb. 22, 2022, 10:56 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm for expressing your views here!

By metmike - Feb. 22, 2022, 11:03 a.m.
Like Reply

‘I am truly sorry’: Michigan’s Juwan Howard suspended rest of regular season

Howard suspended five games, fined $40,000

https://www.clickondetroit.com/all-about-ann-arbor/2022/02/22/i-am-truly-sorry-michigans-juwan-howard-suspended-rest-of-regular-season/

ANN ARBOR Following a five-game suspension by the University of Michigan, the four words Monday (Feb. 21) night from Juwan Howard, many thought, were a day late; I am truly sorry.

Howard’s written statement also apologized to Wisconsin assistant coach Joe Krabbenhoft, who was on the receiving end of the slap in the handshake line, further enraging the situation.

Reaction around the basketball world is mixed on the severity of the suspension, which allows Howard to come back for the postseason, starting with the Big Ten Tournament.

“I feel it is fair and glad he wasn’t fired,” said Dick Vitale. “I hope he takes advantage of this and never ever allows himself to lose control of his emotions.”

Read: Juwan Howard releases statement after Michigan suspended him for rest of regular season

There was no suspension for Wisconsin coach Greg Gard who initiated the physical contact with coach Howard whose intentions were to walk away. Gard was hit with a $10,000 fine.

Howard’s statement did not mention Gard but finished with him saying, “I speak a lot about being a Michigan man and representing the University of Michigan with class and pride. I did not do that, nor did I set the right example in the right way for my student-athletes. I will learn from my mistake, and this mistake will never happen again. No excuses! I am offering my sincerest apology to my players and their families, my staff, my family, and the Michigan fans around the world.”

Phil Martelli will replace Howard during his five-game absence.

By metmike - Feb. 22, 2022, 11:14 a.m.
Like Reply

"FYI my source is one of the few black journalist who deals in truth. Well, known for years because he actually has lost jobs and income because he is such a straight shooter."

mcfarm, Since YOU also brought up YOUR source (vs me addressing the content), I'll be more than happy to go there for you.

How Biased Is The Blaze?

https://www.thefactual.com/blog/how-biased-is-the-blaze/

How Factual Is The Blaze?

In this study, we analyzed 1,000 articles each for 245 different major news sources. This allows us to map out which news sources publish the best news stories on average.  

Over a dataset of 1,000 articles, The Blaze scored an average Factual Grade of 53.4%. This is below the average of 61.9% for all 240 news sources that we analyzed. This places The Blaze in the 15th percentile of our dataset.

These low scores are explained by The Blaze’s tendency to publish articles that lack quality news sources, use less supporting evidence for their claims, and feature authors with low expertise on specific topics. The Blaze has experienced numerous layoffs in the past few years which may be a contributing factor to these scores.  

Like any news source, scores for articles from The Blaze varied widely. For example, some scored above 80%, while others scored below 50%.

By mcfarm - Feb. 22, 2022, 11:25 a.m.
Like Reply

don't know or care about the "Blaze"...I do know and respect Jason Whitlock and what he has to say about sports, race and America in general. He is my source.  And a damn good one.

By metmike - Feb. 22, 2022, 11:27 a.m.
Like Reply

metmike: I agree with Jason Whitlock's view MUCH of the time but he gets so wrapped up in needing to have that particular view because of his reputation for having that view that he interprets every piece of news based on it, because its expected of him and has become him.......instead of looking at objective facts from the get go and letting them lead him to objective discernment. 

Just like everything in politics today.

You like him because he has that view mcfarm. I use objective facts and discernment.

By mcfarm - Feb. 22, 2022, 11:36 a.m.
Like Reply

actually if you follow Whitlock he talks fact about bigotry. He is not the least bit afraid to challenge minority's and especially the white libs who create this nonsense that blacks have to be coddled, cannot be expected to behave, and what ever else the last few years of blm have tired to peddle. BLM, right there is your bigotry.