biden/russia/and poll numbers
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by bear - Feb. 27, 2022, 9:35 a.m.

biden's poll numbers have been dismal.  but... if he is able to pull off an acceptable outcome over this russia problem, it could improve his poll numbers considerably.  

and that could make things look a bit better for dems in november.  

strange, but the dems could see improvements for the coming mid term elections, even if they do so many things wrong.  just an accidental outcome from foreign events?   

sorry metmike, that should have been NTR.

Comments
By joj - Feb. 27, 2022, 9:54 a.m.
Like Reply

Dems will get crushed in November for a variety of reasons.

Inflation, GOP gerrymandering and voter suppression laws passed in 19 states.

Even if there is a good outcome in Ukraine (unlikely), it will be ancient history in the world of politics by the time November rolls around.  And if there is a bad outcome, it is likely that Ukraine will still be in the news this fall.

The only hope for the dems is if Trump somehow does one of his belly flops to get attention.  Like the way he told Georgia's GOP voters in 2020 to stay home because the election was "rigged", which enabled the Dems to pick up both senate seats and hold power by a 50-50 split.

Agreed that this thread is only marginally market related.

By Richard - Feb. 27, 2022, 11:30 a.m.
Like Reply

This war has only begun and will get worse and Dems get crushed in Nov.

By metmike - Feb. 27, 2022, 2:01 p.m.
Like Reply

If one looked just at history and not the current events since Biden won, we would see the tremendous odds against democrats doing well in the mid-terms. 

Dial in the numerous recent events that have all gone profoundly against Biden, along with his cerebrally challenged communicating skills.

In this age, how you appear and  say things matters a great deal-memory lapses and stumbling are absolutely not presidenial-even though he still communicates better than me at any age-and I was on television for 11 year!

The graph below is mind boggling. I can't imagine a scenario that would change it. Can you guys?

Bush-2 benefited from 9-11-01 in 2002, which was the lone exception over the last 70+ years. Wow!

If Russia attacked us with nuclear weapons, people would probably BLAME IT ON BIDEN and he would lose even more support. 

Why The President’s Party Almost Always Has A Bad Midterm

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-presidents-party-almost-always-has-a-bad-midterm/

By metmike - Feb. 27, 2022, 2:05 p.m.
Like Reply

I appreciate you pointing out that this is more of a political post vs trading post. We have several traders that NEVER venture into NTR land, no matter what. 

Let's call this a treat and opportunity for them to read and interact to a NTR thread that features intelligent discourse (-:

I'm happy to bump it down to the deserted NTR forum if you want.