Calls for Ban on Russian Oil Sales Grow
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - March 7, 2022, 6:20 a.m.

This is bipartisan.  The only time in the last 20 years that I heard the opposition party cheering for the president was Biden's State of the Union speech on support for Ukraine.  YouTube it and watch the first 15-20  minutes.  I felt like I was watching an episode of the Twightlight Zone.

Look at the names of the politicians calling for a ban on sales:

"U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.), and Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) called Sunday for a U.S. ban as part of the ongoing bid to hinder the Russian economy over its invasion of Ukraine."  Look at some of those names.  Normally they hate each other.

The pressure on Biden is growing, not withstanding that such action would drive energy prices higher still.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/03/06/russia-oil-ban/

Economically, this will cause hardship on the US citizens.  But I'm rooting for the plucky democratically elected government of Ukraine.  I have the luxury of being able to afford higher energy prices.  I recognize that most Americans do not.  

Comments
By Jim_M - March 7, 2022, 10:23 a.m.
Like Reply

There are articles this morning that Biden is tentatively planning a trip to Saudi to beg for more oil.  It defies reason that he isn't moving to open US taps.  

By mcfarm - March 7, 2022, 10:46 a.m.
Like Reply

what it dies is what Biden really thinks of America. He would rather keep the left environmental loonatics quiet than what is good for America.