Price Quotes
9 responses | 1 like
Started by Richard - March 21, 2022, 9:34 a.m.

I am in need of some type of alert system for Gold and Oil.

I am willing to pay a monthly FEE for this service.

Under Idea conditions, I would set a Min and Max price for a particular commodity

and if the Market hit my price I would get a TXT sent to my Cell phone indicating such.

Does anyone know of any company that does this type of thing?

This is such basic technology, I can not imagine that it is not offered.

Comments
By metmike - March 21, 2022, 12:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi Richard,

This is nothing that I know about. Am in Detroit spending time with my 96+ year old dad but maybe others can suggest a service.

By baker - March 21, 2022, 7:05 p.m.
Like Reply

I believe almost any trading software package can easily do this.  I use ThinkorSwim and TradeStation and both of those can do that and lots more. 

If you trade, your brokerage software stuff can probably do it.

But as I said any and all of them should be able to do that fairly simple.

And something like that won't cost anything, it is free.

By baker - March 22, 2022, 7:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Yep,

Checked today with all the brokers I use now and the ones I have used in the past, and all of them offer alerts.

To set them up is usual;y 1 to 3 clicks and it is set.

By metmike - March 23, 2022, 1:06 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much baker!

By Richard - March 23, 2022, 7:43 a.m.
Like Reply

I use Price Group https://www.pricegroup.com/ and they do not offer it. I then remembered that I have a small account with Charles Schwab and there web site did have it. I am in the process of testing. They send me an email. I would rather have a txt but I can work with it. Thanks.

By becker - March 23, 2022, 6:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Tdameritrade thinkorswim platform has alerts for above/below price levels.  Anyone here know a place that dishes alerts on indicator levels such as rsi, macd, stochs ? 

By baker - March 23, 2022, 9:13 p.m.
Like Reply

I believe that can be easily done with many brokerages and it can be done with ThinkorSwim.

Anyone wanting to learn more maybe should watch this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w23b87OSQX4

Best for most people is to watch the whole video, because there are lots of different alerts you can setup easily.

But the indicator info starts at around 15 minutes?

But basicly you go to create Alert, then study, then edit, then add condition, then do what you need.

By baker - March 23, 2022, 9:20 p.m.
Like Reply

Schwab bought out Ameritrade ThinkorSwim.   It probably won't be finalized untill 2023.  

That is the reason I now also have a Schwab account.

Anyway, it would probably be to your advantage to get an Ameritrade - ThinkorSwim account.

The trading software and data is free and easy to use.

By baker - March 24, 2022, 10:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Becker, here is another one about indicator alerts.  It is from about 5 months ago.  But their are many on utube.

https://www.youtube.com/c/shortthestrike/videos