Driving vs flying
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - March 28, 2022, 8:14 p.m.

You will find this amazing.

The last time that I flew was in 1995, to my youngest brothers wedding in Portland OR.

I  enjoy the actual experience of flying. I flew into Hurricane Gloria in 1985 with the Hurricane Hunters and was not afraid for a second.

My photographer, Dan Monahan threw up 3 times from us being tossed around so much.

We had around 10 vacations of the FL panhandle and drove each time.

I'd like to drive to Orlando for our grand daughters dance competition next month instead of fly.

With the price of gas at $4, the total cost of gas round trip would be $222.

What do you flyers think about that?

12 hr 20 min (835.1 mi) via I-75 S

Comments
By hayman - March 29, 2022, 9:10 a.m.
Like Reply

Last time I was airborne over a year ago flew to Ukraine to get married on Christmas. Stayed 3 weeks. Came back to New York, planning to go back that Spring, but developed cough that eventually diagnosed as stage 4 esophageal adenosarcoma metasticized to right hip bone plus spots on both liver and lungs. Gave me 3 months, told me to get my affairs in order. HER positive allowed targeting with Herceptin in addition to heavy duty chemo Folfox 6.  Incredibly, I experienced amazing response, in 4 months metasticized sites all clear and esophageal tumor shrunk by half. 4 more months showed continued progress, but bitter chemo side effects crippling neuropathy, skin peeling, fingernails brittle and profound fatigue. Convinced them to script dextroamphetamine, speed, able to work the farm. Backed off from chemo, against their advice, cold turkey, just my own intensely researched protocol for 6 full months. Developed difficulty swallowing, apprehensive, went for an endoscopic dilation procedure. Oncologists were sure that my absence from chemo allowed cancer to spread. After coming to consciousness after dilation, propofil, Michael Jackson's dream drug. Asked endoscopist about the tumor and she replied that it was gone, just fresh baby pink tissue in its place. Yet they recommended full chemo again, so I complied with 6 more cycles of the same. Now, side effects again very pronounced so am deciding to stop again.

Wife initially fled to Romania with her adult daughter, but after a couple weeks returned to be with parents.  Recent missile strikes outside of Lviv airport during Biden's visit were an hour drive from her. Though promising 100,000 refugees to be accepted, nothing moving after more than a week. Yet Southern border continues wide open. Considering flying to Poland and getting a 6 hour ride to my wife and being with her. Try and convince them all to escape, Brazil and Ireland most open to accept. If they won't leave, then looks like I'll stay and fight. Never imagined this happening. My 40 plus cats certainly have donated some of their 9 lives to me. Many of them 20 years old. Esophageal cancer spreading to younger and younger population. Being plugged into all the support groups, many half my age succumbing despite aggressive conventional treatment. I am an outlier by large margin, doctors do not know why I'm alive! Prayers by my wife that I married at my age 67, never married before. She 15 years younger.

Where was I? Yes, I recommend you fly, save the 12 plus hours wear and tear. Be a bird in the sky, an amazing experience. Looking into the RSO cannabis oil and CBD for cancer, will share findings, especially where to source quality. The terpene components appear to have important contribution. And am still long the dang orange juice, today this morning is the final flush out, unbelievable manipulation, such a thin market.

By metmike - March 29, 2022, 12:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Holy Cow hayman!

I have some major autoimmune and several other medical issues that include 20 surgeries and taking a boatload of meds and supplements right now(and I'm grateful for every day) but you make my life seem like a picnic.

Put your comments under THC and CBD is you don't mind and we can continue the conversation there.

I have some good ones for you.