Possible explanation for 7 hour phone record gap 1/6/21 from CNN of all sources!
1 response | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - April 1, 2022, 2:26 p.m.

“According to multiple sources familiar with Trump's phone behavior and the White House switchboard records, the January 6 log reflects Trump's typical phone habits. He mainly placed calls through the switchboard when he was in the residence but rarely used it when he was in the Oval Office. The fact the log does not show calls on January 6, 2021, from the Oval Office is not unusual, said the sources, because Trump typically had staff either place calls directly for him on landlines or cell phones. Those calls would not be noted on the switchboard log.

The six pages of White House switchboard logs for January 6, 2021, are complete based on an official review of White House records, according to a source familiar with the matter. There are no missing pages and the seven-hour gap is likely explained by use of White House landlines, White House cell phones and personal cell phones that do not go through the switchboard.”

From here:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/03/31/politics/mystery-call-gap-trump-jan-6-white-house-phone-logs/index.html

———————————————-

If the source were FOX, I’d likely dismiss it as right winged/pro Trump biased BS. But CNN is saying this.

Thoughts? I don’t want to give ammunition to the pro-Trump side on the 1/6/21 issue, but does this CNN article need to be acknowledged so as to protect the credibility/perceived objectivity of those like me who are against Trump on the overall 1/6/21 issue?

To see if this CNN’s article’s possible explanation is plausible, I’d like to see if there were similar gaps on OTHER days. They don’t have to check every day but rather a sizable enough sample of random days during different periods going back a good ways to give us a statistically credible sample size.

I’m not at all saying that the gap being likely explained in the CNN article increases the chance Trump is innocent. But I’m concerned that things like what this article said give the pro-Trump folks ammunition to attack most everything negative about Trump that the MSM reports as being fake news even though a lot of it is obviously true imho.

I probably am about as anti-Trump as anyone on this issue. But I also acknowledge that much of the MSM enjoys reporting anti-Trump stories and hates to put out anything pro-Trump. Thus, there are going to be some anti-Trump articles which are inaccurate. This one (and from CNN of all sources) sounds like a potential retraction about an intentional 1/6/21 gap that may be needed or else many of the pro-Trump folks will use this as a red herring of sorts to divert attention from the actual terrible things Trump has done with regard to 1/6/21 and the unproven widespread 2020 election fraud.

Comments
By metmike - April 1, 2022, 2:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry!

I appreciated your objectiveness on this topic. I've not had the time to follow this particular situation enough to even have an opinion.

I'm with you though on thinking that you can't blindly use all ammo against somebody that did something wrong, including things they didn't do wrong.

What happens in court when it's proven that the prosecutor intentionally used flawed or bogus evidence..............even if it's just 5% of the case is that the case get's thrown out.

Stick with the 95% evidence that's totally provable and don't do counterproductive things to negate that to eech out another few % to make the case LOOK stronger and potentially blow the credibility of the entire case by doing it.