Sean Penn interviewed by Sean Hannity! Am I dreaming?
17 responses | 3 likes
Started by WxFollower - April 6, 2022, 10:29 a.m.

I never thought I’d see the day that Sean Penn would go on Sean Hannity’s show and on top of that they actually have a civil discussion! Is this “The Twilight Zone?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUORitTEBI

Comments
By metmike - April 6, 2022, 11:59 a.m.
Like Reply

WOW Larry!

That was one of the best interviews EVER. Thanks for posting it.

Putting aside differences to get along/unite on an issue much more important than that.

And doing so,  listening to Sean, I came to a revelation on my personal understanding.

The reason that the war in Afghanistan and our efforts failed by all accounts is because the Afghans refused to fight for the cause we were there for.

We have seen the exact opposite with the Ukrainians.

Sean was one of the most eloquent spokespeople in communicating that and actually swayed me into thinking we should be doing more to help the Ukrainians than we already are. 

The Ukrainians are fighting to the death for the freedoms that we all cherish the most in the free world. There is no more important or compelling thing for our world.

Nonetheless, I may look at additional information for risks in doing that and soften that view but after listening to Sean's passion on the topic, he's very persuasive.

And of course this was the ONLY reason he came on.

Kudo's  for BOTH Sean's to have such a constructive conversation and truce like this in the middle of a war between our 2 parties based on so many political differences!

By metmike - April 6, 2022, 12:07 p.m.
Like Reply

I checked to see what additional assistance we are currently providing the Ukrainians.

I was actually not aware that we have been and are providing so much assistance already.

Maybe this is why the Ukrainians have been provide MUCH tougher resistance to the Russians???

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/03/16/fact-sheet-on-u-s-security-assistance-for-ukraine/

Statements and Releases

Fact Sheet on U.S. Security Assistance for Ukraine

President Biden today announced an additional $800 million in security assistance to Ukraine, bringing the total U.S. security assistance committed to Ukraine to $1 billion in just the past week, and a total of $2 billion since the start of the Biden Administration. The assistance will take the form of direct transfers of equipment from the Department of Defense to the Ukrainian military to help them defend their country against Russia’s unprovoked and unjustified invasion.

By metmike - April 6, 2022, 12:12 p.m.
Like Reply

This seems like alot of money and assistance! I wouldn't have checked if not for this interview. Maybe in today's world, it's not nearly enough?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/03/18/upshot/ukraine-aid-details.html

Visualizing the $13.6 Billion in U.S. Spending on Ukraine

By Bianca Pallaro and Alicia Parlapiano

By metmike - April 6, 2022, 12:20 p.m.
Like Reply

This took 20 years of course. Just putting into perspective, not blaming anybody for the fiasco of Afghanistan.

13.6 billion is alot of money but is less than 1% what we flushed down the toilet in Afghanistan(in 20 years).

The US spent $2 trillion in Afghanistan – and for what?

Since 2001, the United States has spent $2.26 trillion in Afghanistan, the Costs of War Project at Brown University calculates – an investment that has yielded a chaotic, humiliating end to America’s longest war.

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2021/8/16/the-us-spent-2-trillion-in-afghanistan-and-for-what

By mcfarm - April 8, 2022, 7:07 a.m.
Like Reply

J guess I am shocked at your shock MM. Where have you been? As Hannity has had one of the top rated shows on the top rated Fox you years why are you surprised? Yes at times Hannity can be quite the bore and egotistical but by and large he has always had liberals on his show. Heck when he started his partner was a wacked out lib way to the left, Alan Combs, every nite together, for years. Again your surprise is not justified and your out right bias against Fox is likely the reason.

By metmike - April 8, 2022, 11:55 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm,

Your using this to cheerlead for Fox and Sean Hannity and miss much of the point is duly noted.

It was Sean Penn, that I was mostly proud of for biting his tongue and swallowing his pride to come on the show of somebody that he still does not trust and very much dislikes, to tell a compelling story to people that don't get that side of it.

While Sean Hannity absolutely deserves credit too(as mentioned) he was using it for PR and to show what an awesome guy he(and Fox) is/are..........which is the part that you obviously  got from it based on your comment.

With regards to my bias on Fox. It's entirely related to the people there selling far right propaganda..........that I fight against with  AUTHENTIC truths.

Election stolen from Trump                                     

Started by metmike - Nov. 2, 2021, 10:50 a.m.            

82% of Fox News, 97% of OANN, Newsmax Viewers Believe Trump's Stolen Election Claim: Poll

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/76955/

By mcfarm - April 8, 2022, 3:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Hardly Mm. you were shocked a lib was on Hannity. As there have been hundreds including his former partner, Alan Combs, why was there shock? Very plain and very simple and somehow you jump off Niagara falls

By WxFollower - April 8, 2022, 4:18 p.m.
Like Reply

Mc,

1. Colmes was on the show “Hannity and Colmes” as you know. You make it sound as if Hannity went out of his way to allow a lib to cohost the show. They were equals as they were cohosts. This has nothing to do with Hannity having lib guests on his current show, “Hannity”.

2. Hannity has libs on his show and it isn’t that rare. So, it wasn’t that Hannity had just any lib. He had Sean Penn on his show and he interviewed him without being confrontational and he treated him with respect.

By mcfarm - April 8, 2022, 6:57 p.m.
Like Reply

What the heck is wrong with you guys? Twice, once in each of my posts I list Colmes as Hannitys PARTNER. PARTNER, and yet you try to twist my words into demeaning the guy. PARTNER, meaning pal, cohost, equal, similar, alike. The subject was MM's 'shock' over Fox and Hannity in particular having libs on their shows. Well be shocked all you want but it happens nearly daily.

By metmike - April 8, 2022, 7:18 p.m.
Like Reply

"The subject was MM's 'shock' over Fox and Hannity in particular having libs on their shows."

mcfarm,

It's extremely irritating when you totally make up something that I never said or implied and repeat it over and over to attack a position that I don't have!

These were the relevant comments:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/83063/#83068

metmike:WOW Larry!That was one of the best interviews EVER. Thanks for posting it. Putting aside differences to get along/unite on an issue much more important than that.

Kudo's  for BOTH Sean's to have such a constructive conversation and truce like this in the middle of a war between our 2 parties based on so many political differences!

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/83063/#83138

It was Sean Penn, that I was mostly proud of for biting his tongue and swallowing his pride to come on the show of somebody that he still does not trust and very much dislikes, to tell a compelling story to people that don't get that side of it.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/83063/#83133

mcfarm: J guess I am shocked at your shock MM. Where have you been? As Hannity has had one of the top rated shows on the top rated Fox you years why are you surprised? Yes at times Hannity can be quite the bore and egotistical but by and large he has always had liberals on his show. Heck when he started his partner was a wacked out lib way to the left, Alan Combs, every nite together, for years. Again your surprise is not justified and your out right bias against Fox is likely the reason.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

How in tarnation did you get that interpretation out of what I said mcfarm?

I ignored it the first time and just explained to you what my bias is with Fox, related to their far right propaganda and now you've repeated it 3 times. The last one in your latest reply. 

In fact, you TOLD ME what my position was here(when my surprise was always Sean PENN came on the show, not that Hannity had him on there)

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/83063/#83154

Hardly Mm. you were shocked a lib was on Hannity. As there have been hundreds including his former partner, Alan Combs, why was there shock? Very plain and very simple and somehow you jump off Niagara falls

What gives dude?

By mcfarm - April 8, 2022, 7:41 p.m.
Like Reply

sorry MM. It appears to me I thought that first comment was by wx not you.....my mistake obviously. So from my first take on I had the wrong party with you and wx

By metmike - April 8, 2022, 8:07 p.m.
Like Reply

No problemo or offense taken mcfarm!

Nobody's perfect and sorry is plenty good enough for me. I get why you read Larry's initial comment and confused it with mine.

By metmike - April 8, 2022, 8:16 p.m.
Like Reply

I've watched enough Hannity to know that he would LOVE to have any and all libs on his show for debates.

Makes for great television and ratings. 

For sure, this show must be one of his favorites. 

By WxFollower - April 9, 2022, 8:58 p.m.
Like Reply

What I was trying to communicate with this thread was that I was elated that the two Seans were able to put aside their vast political differences/biases and have a civil and respectful discussion like adults should be able to do. How this turned into a debate about Sean Hannity I don’t know, but I guess I didn’t do the best job in communicating that. I was very happy with both Seans. That’s all. This was meant to share my positive vibes. No hidden agenda. The moderate independent in me loves this kind of thing.

By metmike - April 10, 2022, 12:56 a.m.
Like Reply

You started this thread with an awesome post Larry!

your points should have been  clear to people viewing it with an open mind.

I encourage others to post this way….sharing examples of what this country needs  most right now instead of group think/tribalism intended to reinforce one sided political agenda.

Coming originally from extremely biased sources that have stolen away peoples critical thinking............who see or read it, then go around repeating it at other places.

4-10-22 Addition: Sometimes, there is no ulterior motive, like with mcfarm. He is exactly who he presents himself to be. He's sincere and sharing his views and NEVER pretends to be objective.

He's a far right guy and spells it out proudly and makes good points sometimes.

Gunter on the other hand is a snake. Pretending to be somebody he is not and is not just here to share his honest opinions with other like minded people(like mcfarm). He's cloaks himself in fake objectively and well written language with stealth/sneaky attacks on his targets, almost always using convincing sounding/reading DISinformation that he often gets from Infowars, Zero Hedge or the many anti COVID vax sites that he gravitates to.

DISinformation that can always be busted with fact checking and vetting but will NEVER take place here by his far right cheerleading section that takes the bait everything and believes his pure propaganda.

His response is often to act dumb and pretend that's not what he's really doing.

After getting thrashed by metmike for instance for exposing his tactics, responding with a thread thanking farmers(after years of never expressing this sort of view 1 times) to use to bolster his far right supporters, many are farmers belief in everything that he says. 

A great thread from anybody of course but motivated by with ulterior, self serving motives from the devious mind of Gunter.

You wonder why I'm so hard on Gunter?

He lied so many times last year, that I can't even keep track of them. Been suspended twice for it and made over 200 DISinformation posts last year, that when presented with the facts to bust, dug in his heels with more DISinformation that often didn't even make sense.........and made plays to propagandize the far right here with it the entire time.

Anyway, mcfarm is not like that and is a genuine guy and is sincere with his apology here.

Sorry to hijack your awesome threat Larry. 

By mcfarm - April 10, 2022, 7:50 a.m.
Like Reply

Larry,I am the one who screwed the thread up. So sorry. When I saw 'so shocked to see Penn on Hannity' I assumed right there

By WxFollower - April 10, 2022, 12:11 p.m.
Like Reply

No worries, mc. And thanks, Mike.