Crop progress/condition April 11, 2022
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 11, 2022, 6:33 p.m.
Comments
By metmike - April 11, 2022, 6:40 p.m.
Like Reply

If I get a chance, I'll post the break down of the changes in each state for the Winter Wheat conditions.

The HRW yields are headed for some of the worst ever, despite the fact that higher CO2 causes plants to be more water efficient(they open their stomata less-underside of leaves-to get beneficial CO2 and lose less H2O from transpiration in the process)

@kannbwx

U.S. #corn planting did not advance last week. Winter #wheat is 2 pts better than last week, but 32% good/excellent is still historically low. Poor/very poor was unchanged at 36%.

By metmike - April 12, 2022, 12:10 p.m.
Like Reply

No precip in the driest areas and some heat coming there later this month is extremely bullish for HRW wheat prices!

By metmike - April 14, 2022, 1:37 p.m.
Like Reply

@kannbwx

#China says its winter #wheat crop, which just a month or so ago may have been in the "worst ever" condition, has improved more than expected.

Beijing had recently allocated nearly $800M to boost wheat crop health, but it's not clear how exactly that was/will be used.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Henan is #China's biggest wheat province, and it appears like there was some ample rainfall in the second half of March after a drier stretch. Unsure if that was the problem, but it likely helped. China grew the world's largest #wheat crop last year near 137 mmt (5 bln bu).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By metmike - April 14, 2022, 1:38 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - April 15, 2022, 12:22 p.m.
Like Reply

TX crop was 79% P/VP a week ago!

https://release.nass.usda.gov/reports/prog1622.txt

Texas ..........:    56          23          14           7           -    
By metmike - April 17, 2022, 9:36 p.m.
Like Reply

What conditions are you guys reporting in your location right now?

In Southwest IN, we are water logged! I had to use a weed eater to cut a large part of the low lying, poorly drained section of our lawn. 

This is close to the wettest that I ever remember our soils being.