beyond the trade war with China
7 responses | 1 like
Started by GunterK - July 23, 2018, 1:29 a.m.
Comments
By cfdr - July 23, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
Like Reply

"The Trump Boys who are beating his drums here on this forum, and elsewhere,  should first give up chewing tobacco, then go get an education."

Funny - I finally get into a town after an extended time and check here - and this is what I see.  "Give up chewing tobacco . . then go get an education."

What was that saying about leopards and their spots?

Mike, I do really enjoy your weather posts.  I also always enjoy your posts, Gunther.  But there's also an old saying about one apple .  .  .

By GunterK - July 24, 2018, 12:33 a.m.
Like Reply

cfdr,

with English being my second language, I didn't quite get the comment about leopards and spots. However, after a bit of googling I realized that you meant "leopards can't change their spots". Got it!

Now, I am not a "Trumptard", as they are lovingly called on this forum (believe me, I cringe a lot when I read the latest Trump news), and I certainly don't chew tobacco, as vandy mentioned, but, vandy is right, there is always time to widen my "education".

so.... I did some research, and I found the following.....

"....New research reveals something about how cats end up with spots and stripes. It demonstrates for the first time that at least three different genes are involved in the emergence of stripes, spots and other markings....."

There you have it.... does this mean, that you are insinuating that political leanings are genetically defined? 

oh, oh... this is getting a bit deep... I think I have another beer. Everyone please forgive me.

By MarkB - July 24, 2018, 2:13 a.m.
Like Reply

Since this is a trade related post, I'm not going to get in with the semantics. Trump is a businessman, not a politician. This brings to light that he is not ever going to be looked upon in the light of the politicians that have gone before him. Therefore, he is not the "norm".

And a lot of people are upset about this. Because they are not used to having their "norm" upset like this. People, as a herd, are such habitual crearures. And this can be translated into how the same people react to market moves. Which becomes a part of the considerations of how and when to place orders in a market.

Times, they are a changing.

By metmike - July 24, 2018, 12:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Mark......times really have changed and the rate of the change has been incredible and continuing!

There have been more changes for humans in the last 100 years, than in the previous 5,000 years. 

This is not just technology, science and medicine. Politics are changing because of the way that politics is being communicated. 

Whoever thought that a president of the US would be using Twitter/tweets as a significant tool to communicate to the American people. 

Or that his previous job, would have been a reality show host on television. 

By metmike - July 24, 2018, 1:57 p.m.
Like Reply

I Apologize cfdr, Gunter and others for only reading the last thread of these posts.................Marks and missing the previous ones from you ........until just now.

This poster is being dealt with TODAY. See this post from earlier.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/8505/

By silverspiker - July 24, 2018, 2:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Mark B is exactly right... Trump is a Business man and not a politician...

RESENTMENT... is the #1 killer of alcoholics and beaten politicians...

... Trump cannot be bought out and or shamed into a statist ,progressive belief system...

... Trump will never cave in and will fight back and win everyday; which in turn makes America great again...

By metmike - July 24, 2018, 3:06 p.m.
Like Reply

This topic has been moved to the NTR forum for obviously reasons.