Is it irony or poetic justice that CNN is struggling to survive since Trump left office?
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - May 13, 2022, 6:53 a.m.

I guess we'll leave that question up to the philosophers.

CNN Ratings Have Crashed Since Donald Trump Left the White House (businessinsider.com)

CNN ratings are dramatically down since Trump left office. The network lost nearly 50% of its target audience during primetime hours.

Comments
By mcfarm - May 13, 2022, 7:13 a.m.
Like Reply

reminds me of Rush and Clinton. Remember when most everyone said Rush would collapse after Clinton left Well he fell right into number 1 for many more  years.

By metmike - May 13, 2022, 10:33 a.m.
Like Reply

So you’re saying CNN is coming back to numher 1 again mcfarm?

Elect another R in the White House or give up congress to them and CNN will come back.

it’s sad but people are drawn to bad news, hate programming and attacks And echo chambers.

this was CNNs specialty when trump was in charge….to .destroy Trump 

now Fox has the franchise on hate programming and attacks on the other political side To destroy Biden. 

CNN has changed their tune the last year to be less divisive. Shows you what people want.

By TimNew - May 13, 2022, 10:58 a.m.
Like Reply

An aside MM.  Do you feel that FOX is putting the same level of effort into Biden as CNN did Trump?

I only watch Fox Business News during business hours and I don't see anything on Biden like what I saw from CNN on Trump.  Maybe Fox News is worse/different?

By metmike - May 13, 2022, 1:18 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

I watch both enough to say that CNN was worse with Trump than FOX is with Biden but only from the standpoint of comparing CNN to their regular evening programming before  during  and after Trump.

Hannity and Carlson, and half a dozen others are political commentators and by design pick topics to put an R spin on..........always. It's who they are. Hannity admits it all the time and is proud of it, though claiming to be always telling the truth(wrong).

Some of them, like Bongino are pretty extreme right. 

Rivera is the only one close to objective left. He's my favorite.

FOX  did it before Biden but now they have a great target/enemy in the White House to ramp it up.

++++++++++++++++++

CNN claims to be an objective news reporting source all day long. Before Trump, they sort of  adhered to that but often had their liberal spins to many/most stories/discussions. 

During Trump, they changed like Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde and went all out on a full court press attacking everything Trump did, much of the day, especially in the evenings. It was clearly a designed/intentional tactic to try to obliterate Trump and get him out of office. Chris Cuomo was especially vicious/hateful and divisive.

Trump is out and CNN is back to what they were like before.

At least a  semblance of objectivity and rarely any hate or any negativity that dominated during the Trump years.

As another perfect, objective human metric to measure this:

My wife usually dislikes watching the news and when I watch TV without her,  that's usually the only thing that I watch. She hates hate TV or shows with heated arguments/debates.

I watch the local news but mainly its FOX or CNN, especially  in the evening, maybe close to a 50-50 split but it was more CNN during Trump and now a bit more FOX during Biden...........to hear what the bs is to try to understand the bs, so I don't overlook any good points hidden in the bs.

So here's the tell tale observation of the difference using her as a metric.

During Trump, when she came home she would get bothered by and even upset with me for watching CNN, especially if expressive and hateful Chris Cuomo was screaming about Trump.

Since Trump was defeated, she didn't object to me watching CNN one time but objected to FOX being on at least a dozen times when she came home.

For a few weeks, she would say "I thought you didn't watch FOX anymore!!!"

And each time, I would correct her and say that I didn't believe FOX anymore because they are like CNN was with Trump but watch them just as much to hear their points for the reasons that I explain here all the time.  

After several months of her getting used to FOX's change, she hasn't said anything and will leave FOX on, instead of changing it.

Part of it too, is that when CNN or FOX are/were bs-ing and she was home, I would call them out on it by verbalizing to her and she was like "why in the heck would you even watch this if you disagree and stress yourself out, then stress me out?"

She's like most people.

They go to programs that tell them what they want to hear.

By WxFollower - May 13, 2022, 2:13 p.m.
Like Reply

I just early voted in the primary and chose to vote Republican. Any candidate with even a single mention of supporting Trump and/or having been endorsed by Trump was automatically eliminated and I thus voted for an opponent. Any candidate that Trump publicly didn't like ended up being a yes vote for me. If all Republican candidates for a particular office were openly Trump supporters, I abstained.

I wonder if they'll be many other folks, including Democrats crossing over, with their main aim to try to help eliminate Trump supporters by voting for their opponents. 

By metmike - May 13, 2022, 3:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Larry,

A pollster called me for a 1 hour survey on Monday and I basically said the exact same thing.

In every election question I said that I would vote for the republican unless they're backed by Trump, in which case I'll vote for whoever is opposing that Trump backed candidate, even if its a democrat.

I never said that I would abstain if they were all backed by Trump but glad you listed that one.

For those that are shocked for us to feel this way.

Larry has professed his hatred for Trump for years for good reasons then and even better reasons after the 2020 election loss.

Larry has already stated his good reasons.

I held my nose and supported Trump because of his agenda thru his first 3 years, then started waking up to his damage to the country increasing faster than his good agenda.

After the 2020 election, his worst qualities suddenly possessed him because of his refusal to accept the crystal clear loss and it turned into criminal/diabolical,  massive country damaging, Constitution defying and divisive behavior never seen before in US history that can't be repaired for an extremely long time, if ever.

All for his self serving motives.

If you gave me a million dollars, I might consider voting for him and if I did, would feel guilty as heck that I violated my ethical standards for money!