Biden shines-incredible story!
29 responses | 1 like
Started by metmike - June 2, 2022, 6:52 p.m.

I found out my wife has COVID today. 

The COVID policies of this administration are why she is already getting the PROVEN best medical treatment.

This is a crazy story.

Her mom was on hospice and Tuesday night, she stayed with her to administer morphine every hour and crank up the oxygen so that she didn't have to suffer. Extremely traumatic experience for her to watch this wonderful, 87 year old lady die, which finally happened at 8:53 am Wednesday.

So my wife was a zombie all day Wednesday. In fact, I had to take her home early at the funeral home meeting with family in the afternoon because she was so unsteady.

All she needed was a good night's rest, right? Think again.

It took her awhile to finally doze off and shortly after that, I heard this horrifying, primal screaming and crying from the other side of the house. Her being severely sleep deprived and the body quickly trying to catch up by going into deep REM sleep meant intense nightmares related to the traumatic experience of watching her mom die.

A legit form of PTSD from bereavement grief. She was extremely close to her mom and they talked almost every evening. 

For the next few hours, this would repeat several times. She would scream and yell and cry and I would shake her up to end the nightmare and console her. 

Finally, she came downstairs and watched tv and slept in her recliner and I left her alone because sleep with extreme nightmares was better than no sleep. 

She kept complaining about her head feeling like it would explode and having a sinus infection. We figured it was just sleep deprived exhaustion with the trauma/stress and crying and getting rest would cure it.

But this morning, she had a fever of 102 deg. F.

Comments
By metmike - June 2, 2022, 7:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Luckily, I took advantage of all the free COVID tests the government has mailed to those that applied. We got 20 of them. There are 2/box in the last 8 boxes we got.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/84580/

She tested a solid POSITIVE. I was negative, so we only needed to get her treatment..........really fast because she is really sick.

I have hydroxychoriquinn that I take twice daily for my autoimmune disease and have tons of Ivermectin so I dosed her with those(which would have very minimal benefits) and gave her around 10 different vitamin, mineral and other supplements, then called the hospital COVID hotline to arrange for her to hopefully get Paxlovid, which works extremely well if administered very early.

13 Things To Know About Paxlovid, the Latest COVID-19 Pill

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/13-things-to-know-paxlovid-covid-19

I made a phone appointment with a nurse, who would consult with her and decide if she qualified and wanted the drug, that was authorized by the FDA FOR EMERGENCY USE.

Of course she did!

So the nurse called an hour later and I actually had to do the interview because Deb was/is pretty out of it../...very sick because her body was so run down.  Deb does not have any pre existing conditions that qualify her for the drug because its emergency use for the ones highest at risk and she's 64, 1 year too young...........except she was a bit overweight. Her BMI, before she lost 25 lbs qualified her so the nurse OK'd it. Yippee!

So the nurse called it in to CVS pharmacy 2 miles away and CVS filled it in less than 1 hour and I had the first 3  pills in Deb's stomach around 15 minutes after that. 

Absolutely no way that she can possibly drive or function doing anything right now. So, thanks in part to the current administration working with others in the industry/organizations, within 3 hours of her being diagnosed AT HOME with free government tests, having a consultation AT HOME, prescription filled 2 miles away, she was taking the most powerful/effective medicine on the market(reduces hospitalizations by 89%) and NEVER HAD TO LEAVE HER RECLINER CHAIR one time!!!!

That's insane. 

And the cost for the Paxlovid?

FREE!!!!

Don't tell me that every time the government gets involved in something they mess it up!

Regardless, she's no way out of the woods........is extremely sick, run down, is depressed because her mom just died and has a very poor immune system but the timing, cost, convenience and effectiveness of this treatment couldn't have been a better, miracle gift to our family.

Thank you Joe Biden, FDA and company from the bottom of our hearts!

By metmike - June 2, 2022, 10:06 p.m.
Like Reply

So tonight, I'm just basically staying by my wife, checking her temp, O2, blood pressure, pulse, respiration and condition.

Making sure she gets her supplements and meds in timely fashion. Ready to go to the ER if her condition deteriorates, even a little.

I'm not making her thrilled by keeping her from taking pains meds initially.

Pain meds also reduce fever. Fevers are actually GOOD for you most of the time under these conditions. They help your body kill infections!!!

https://medlineplus.gov/fever.html

A fever is a body temperature that is higher than normal. A normal temperature can vary from person to person, but it is usually around 98.6 °F (37 °C). A fever is not a disease. It is usually a sign that your body is trying to fight an illness or infection.

Infections cause most fevers. You get a fever because your body is trying to kill the virus or bacteria that caused the infection. Most of those bacteria and viruses do well when your body is at your normal temperature. But if you have a fever, it is harder for them to survive. Fever also activates your body's immune system.

By WxFollower - June 2, 2022, 10:20 p.m.
Like Reply

Hey Mike,

I'm sending condolences for the passing of your mother in law. Also, my brother and I will keep your wife in mind as regards her fully recovering from COVID when we say our prayers tonight. 

I haven't been able to post the last few days.

By metmike - June 2, 2022, 10:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry,

That means a great deal!

I'm pumped up about getting Deb the best treatment so quickly and optimistic for a good outcome but she gets sick, at least 10 times every year and has a horrible immune system..........so the prayers are needed!

Thanks too about her mom. She's been sick for several months and had a wonderful 87 year life but they were extremely close.

They talked on most evenings for the past 2 decades.

We took out a 2nd mortgage to buy her parents a house with cash in 1991, then fixed it up for them.

Her dad passed away in 2002 and Deb actually created a new job at her business for her mom...........a secretary to answer the phone and talk to customers, just to keep her busy for 40 hours a week and help with the loss/depression. 

Her youngest brother has been living there the past 20 years, allowing her mom to be independent and very happy. We gave the house to him.

Her mom has played an enormous role in taking care of many of the 12 grand kids.

Several of them lived with her for numerous years. When I was still working as tv meteorologist, we paid her to watch our very young kids until my wife got off work or when Deb was out of town. 

By metmike - June 3, 2022, 1:39 a.m.
Like Reply

Paxlovid is actually 2 different drugs and you take 3 pills, twice daily.

One of them, is not an anti viral agent.  Ritonivir acts like a potentiator that inhibits a liver enzyme CYP3A4 from being released. That enzyme is a potent metabolizer of the actual anti viral drug, Nirmatrelvir. So the first one keeps the 2nd one around much longer in the body.

I don't every remember a treatment like this before using prescription drugs.

I learned a lot about potentiators or substances that inhibit the release of liver enzymes that the body uses to break down or metabolize drugs by going to  drug abusing forums.

Not to abuse drugs but 20 years ago, by far these forums had the most comprehensive information based on authentic knowledge of the biology and pharmacological dynamics of drugs that inhibit liver enzymes that metabolize drugs.

People on the forum would have exact information about how many Tagamets or how much grapefruit juice to drink and how many pills to take that they used to get messed up. They would describe specifically the buzz and how long it lasted as if they were human guinea pigs experimenting on themselves with illicit drugs, while describing the science.

These particular drugs interact with A LOT of other drugs, especially with one of them inhibiting that liver enzyme..........which causes other drugs to last longer for the same reason. 

https://covid19-sciencetable.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/NirmatrelvirRitonavir-Paxlovid-What-Prescribers-and-Pharmacists-Need-to-Know-with-Appendix_20220223.pdf

By metmike - June 3, 2022, 1:52 a.m.
Like Reply

You might find this fascinating, if you want to learn about potentiating.

These are actually some of  the ones I  mentioned earlier. Wow! They're still online.

https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/the-ultimate-opiate-potentiation-thread.252569/

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/opiate-opiod-potentiating-guide.129909/

By metmike - June 3, 2022, 8:22 a.m.
Like Reply

Deb's O2 remained above 90 most of the night but she's on a CPAP machine, which helps her to maintain breathing.

Before she went to bed, her respiration rate was  double the normal  rate with very shallow but rapid breathing.

Respiration rate should be 12-20/minute and hers was above 30 much of the time.

Her O2 was staying BELOW 90, in the 86-87 range some of the time without the CPAP machine.

Those were alarming and potential ER visit metrics if they would worsen, or even fail to get better,  so the improvement on the CPAP machine was a good sign 

The most important fact is that she got on the Paxlovid real early, which will stop the virus from replicating and allow her immune system to kill the COVID she has.

Respiratory Rate

What Does an Infection Do to Your Respiratory Rate?

https://www.whoop.com/thelocker/what-does-an-infection-do-to-your-respiratory-rate/

By joj - June 3, 2022, 9:07 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for sharing Mike.  I hope your wife makes a full recovery.  I recommend not waking her from nightmares.  The sleep helps the immune system (as you inferred in your post).

The mantra that any and all government is bad is short sided as your experience suggests.  It seems self evident to me, but seems to be almost a religiously defended by conservatives.  And I'll give credit to the Trump administration for any of its efforts to speed up the development of a vaccine which saved who know how many thousands of lives.  Why he never took credit for that is beyond my understanding even by Trump standards.  

The national government effort over the past and current administration is the best endorsement for universal healthcare.  Free markets would not have worked nearly so well at saving lives.

By metmike - June 3, 2022, 9:13 a.m.
Like Reply

Ive always agreed on universal healthcare, even before this incident.

By 7475 - June 3, 2022, 11:35 a.m.
Like Reply

How's your wife today mm?

By metmike - June 3, 2022, 12:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for asking John!

The fever broke and her O2 is staying high enough to avoid the ER. 

The CPAP machine kept it above 90 last night and shes back downstairs and its mostly staying above 90 so far. 

O2 is my ER determining metric.

She's very unstable walking with a monster headache and  and still has a long ways to go but going close to the best case scenario. 

If not for the Paxlavid, she would have gone to the ER immediately because of what I didn't mention yesterday.

I forgot to mention, she has a breathing issue from an anatomical anomaly that features unusually small lungs. Her stomach, presses on her diaphram that presses on her lungs which makes it tough to take deep breaths.

Anytime she lays back, her O2 can drop close to 90 from shallow breathing as a result of the dynamic.

This is one reason I was focusing on respiration rate.

She will sometimes have O2 reading down to 88/89 when healthy, laying back in her recliner sleeping.

This is why she has the CPAP machine.

So I encouraged her, when awake to try to take deep breaths as much as possible.

I got her a spirometer and have encouraged her to use it to  exercise her lungs to help offset this.

Fact is, most people 60+ could benefit from using one of these devices if they don't get vigorous exercise in the gym or fast walking.

https://medicalsupplies.healthcaresupplypros.com/buy/respiratory-therapy-supplies/voldyne-volumetric-exerciser?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4uaUBhC8ARIsANUuDjVREqOjgiuLqZz-kP1qzDbH7rI1bt--rPRCLcZtDmM79r5SyWEro3kaArt3EALw_wcB

Voldyne Incentive Spirometer

Spirometry  

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/spirometry/about/pac-20385201

Lung exercises: The right way to use a spirometer and most commonly made mistakes

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/health-news/lung-exercises-the-right-way-to-use-a-spirometer-and-most-commonly-made-mistakes/photostory/83150989.cms

How to Use an Incentive Spirometer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZweq_SKLTA

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000451.htm

By kris - June 3, 2022, 6:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Condolences to you and your family Mike.

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgt9idKAYDw

By metmike - June 3, 2022, 8:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much kris,

I'm completely blown away from how much better Deb is in 30 hours. 

Without the Paxlovid, with her having the breathing disorder, we would have went straight to the ER on Thursday immediately with the positive test.  Probably would have done that if we didn't also have a pulsox meter to monitor her O2 and use that metric to decide what should be done.

Think about it.

If somebody has a fever, that spiked as high as 103 deg. F with COVID, is almost incoherent and struggled just to walk up the steps to bed even with the Paxlovid, how do you know if their O2 is 85-95 and they are ok or if its 75 or lower and they won't wake up?

Respiration rate is important but O2 is everything.

The ONLY way to know is with the O2 meter. 

In a situation like this, waiting an extra couple of days, allows the deadly virus to quickly multiply to incredible numbers that can mean the difference between life and death.

We wasted no time. The Paxlovid does not kill any virus but it stops it from replicating. The rest is totally up to your immune system.

Everybody should have a pulse oximeter in their home! They cost is usually less than $50 and every pharmacy carries them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_oximetry

By metmike - June 3, 2022, 8:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Been doing some reading on viral replication of  COVID.

Don't hold me to this exact number but each viral unit in 7 hours can make 700 copies of itself.

So 14 hours later, you have 700 X700 viral units =490,000 copies.

21 hours later, you have 490,000 X 490,000 copies. 

6-9-22 CORRECTION. That should be 490,000 x 700 copies

Of course your immune system will be kicking in and killing more and more of that virus but you can imagine/understand why,  within several days, the number of viral units from the tiny, first exposure will have so many 0's that it will fill up an entire line on this page.

Here's a graph to kind of show that growth. The bottom is the number of hours and the left side is # of viral units.

This is MEGA exponential growth.

Paxlovid does NOT kill the living virus(like an antibiotic does to bacteria/germs)  but it sort of sterilizes it so that it can no longer replicate and create progeny. Once the Paxlovid ramps up, the amount of virus can only go down as your immune system does the rest. 

After 5 days WITH NO TREATMENT, it's assumed that the amount of COVID virus in your body, with something like dozens of 0's is so high that your immune system has identified it and is super revved up and killing it at a  rate that's even GREATER THAN the incredible rate of replication. 

So each viral unit may be creating 700 new progeny in 7 hours but your immune system is  quickly killing some of those and also the prexisting ones...reducing the numbers or you will die eventually. 

That's my attempt to explain something that is probably very lacking but gives the right idea/concept.

You must start treatment  ASAP to have optimal success.  

Fires sort of spread that way too. You can put out a small fire in your house, for instance with a few buckets of water if you catch it really early.

Give it unlimited fuel(like a virus has in your body) and it can engulf your entire house and only several fire departments with high pressure water hoses can douse it.......or a wild fire that burns down thousands of acres that was ignited by a careless camper that could have doused it early by just dumping a bucket of water on it.  

By metmike - June 3, 2022, 10:11 p.m.
Like Reply

Because we started Deb's treatment so dang quickly, it's almost a certainty that this is why the outcome has been incredible..........and somewhat predictable!

Worst time in her life to come down with COVID and part of it was from being run down from caring for her Mom and stressed over watching her die but the recovery the last 24 hours is unbelievable from her condition at this time yesterday!

Please  use this information to help your families to be prepared and act quickly. 

Having the COVID tests at home is a key.  They are free. Without them, you need to either purchase them at the store(which could be closed) or make an appointment to get tested which could take a couple of days, including waiting for the test results from the lab.

Seriously, a couple of days of wasted time before treatment has cost many thousands of people their lives.

If you don't have these tests in your home right now............why not?

If you test COVID positive........ get Paxlovid if you qualify.

There are numerous qualifiers and the nurse or doctor determining whether you qualify may overlook a pre existing condition that you have if you don't tell them.

Also, believe it or not on my first call to the COVID hotline, the person answering and getting the information had no idea that people could get Paxlovid. He wanted to know if I wanted to get an infusion for Deb and I told him, no we need Paxlovid and he said it's not offered and I had to correct him.

Then, when I was discussing it with the nurse/prescriber after him she didn't see any pre existing conditions which allowed for Deb to get it and she was 1 year too young.

However, her BMI was high enough (before she lost the weight) for her to prescribe it and at this time, there is apparently more supply than demand, so she was like "ok, we can use the old BMI as the reason to justify prescribing it" She is required to have a reason and you should be the one, knowing your medical condition to have that legit reason.

If you're 30 and in excellent health........you won't be getting it and likely not need it.

Over 60 or have a health condition, demand it even though it's supposed to be 65 and certain health conditions.

More good info in this article:

Paxlovid: Who's Eligible and How to Get Pfizer's COVID-19 Antiviral Drug

Written by Christopher Curley on May 26, 2022 — Fact checked by Jennifer Chesak

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/paxlovid-whos-eligible-and-how-to-get-pfizers-covid-19-antiviral-drug

By metmike - June 3, 2022, 11:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Almost forgot and possibly the most important to the unvaccinated, a  couple of which are here.

Based on the conversations with 3 people involved with the screening process for Paxlovid the last day,  I got the distinct impression that non vaccinated people, because of their much higher risk for severe disease and death qualify for treatment, similar to vaccinated folks that have pre existing conditions.

By cutworm - June 3, 2022, 11:18 p.m.
Like Reply

Praying for your mother-in-law and your wife. Please keep us up to date with your wife's health. 

By metmike - June 4, 2022, 1:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks cutworm,

deb continues to improve faster than I imagined possible. Looks like she’s going to make her moms wake and funeral next week.

She has no recollection of anything from late Wednesday, all day and nightThursday until this morning.

By metmike - June 4, 2022, 1:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers.

Deb continues to get much better. Not up for driving yet, so my car is still at the Funeral Home, left there Wednesday  because she was unable to drive.

However, she was able to gather the photo's for the collage at the showing on Monday(which mostly were from the one's I got at her Mom's house) and I got them to give her an extra day before they were due.

Temp, O2, respirations, BP remain close to normal but very weak from COVID and her beloved, wonderful Mom just died 3 days ago(seems like 3 weeks).

When she recovers, instead of strongly encouraging her to get back exercising/strength training, I'm going to make her do it. And to use her spirometer on a frequent basis.

We actually started dating from being members of the same gym, The Pit Barbell Club(she asked me out).

She asked me to her place for Chinese food and I gave her a better offer.........go to US Skates to roller skate with her 4 year old daughter, Shani, then go to a Chinese food restaurant. 

She was already preparing for a body building contest in  6 months with strict dieting and we both loved Chinese food. 

2 weeks before the contest, Mr. and Mrs. Freedom Festival, July 1984,  she asked me if I wanted to be in the couples division because she knew that I'd competed before and I trained 52 weeks a year, like I had a contest coming up. 

So I did it. We finished in 3rd place, she finished in something like 8th place in the Womens division. I finished 2nd in the mens division using my secret formula to prepare in just 2 weeks................not drinking beer for 2 weekends.

Seriously, that's the only thing that I did, other than putting together a clumsy posing routine. I've always been able to eat as much (healthy) food as I want and stay extremely lean. 

Fast forward to 2022......Ironically, Deb being plump at an old doctors visit(she's down 20 lbs) is what the nurse used to qualify  her to get the Paxlovid.

So you could always get fat so that you can get Paxlovid in case you have COVID (-:

The downside is that being fat, all things being the same.........will kill you much earlier in life than not being fat. 

Moderate obesity takes years off life expectancy

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2009-03-18-moderate-obesity-takes-years-life-expectancy

The Oxford University research found that moderate obesity, which is now common, reduces life expectancy by about 3 years, and that severe obesity, which is still uncommon, can shorten a person’s life by 10 years. This 10 year loss is equal to the effects of lifelong smoking.

By metmike - June 4, 2022, 1:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Deb says that she has no memory of anything that happened from around 8pm Wednesday,  to around 8am Friday.

Bit's and pieces just prior and after that but mostly a blank in between. 

By cutworm - June 5, 2022, 7:32 a.m.
Like Reply

What the CDC says about rebound of symptoms after treatment of Pfizer's pill

Happens in 1-2% of cases might also happen in recoveries without the treatment 

milder symptoms

cost to Government $529 / full course , Subsided free to public

CDC Director Issues Alert on Pfizer’s COVID Pill: Warns of "Covid Rebound" and Positive Viral PCR - YouTube

By metmike - June 5, 2022, 11:32 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much cutworm!

Great point to bring up.

Yeah, I was reading numerous articles about this topic and sort of chuckling to myself, especially by the way this guy describes it. 

I even told my wife about this 2 days ago, when she regained her ability to think that there was a very small chance that a  weak version of her symptoms could return for a brief period, several days after she recovered, then go away. It's NOT from reinfection.

Some of the things that make it funny.

1. The potential, mild returning symptoms (something like 2% of people) occur at a time frame when people not taking Paxlovid might be in the hospital in the ICU on a ventiliator still or be dead. 

2. The cost of the entire course is $529. My wife's life is worth a great deal more than $529! In fact, I would say confidentially that the GAIN in productivity for Americans  that recover quickly will be more than 10 times the cost and the reduction by 89% of people that get severe COVID with hospitalizations that often cost $100,000+ make it a bargain at that price. 

3.  Name another pill on the market that has ever done that so quickly? You can't. There isn't one.  It has the potential to save many hundreds of thousands of lives and lessen severe symptoms in millions. Whether it effectively works or not has long ago been proven indisputably. That's why, from the time I made the first call to the COVID hotline number, I vehemently insisted that we HAD TO HAVE Paxlovid and I was NOT going to take no for an answer. 

By metmike - June 6, 2022, 12:24 p.m.
Like Reply

My wife is still getting better from COVID but the wake for her passed Mom is today and funeral tomorrow(with me doing the Eulogy), so it's been very rough.

Thank God for Paxlovid!!

Her brother also has COVID, likely from the same source as they were all together several times before her mom passed. 

What happened to him trying to get Paxlovid is another blatant example of untrained people in the medical profession that should be helping people.......messing them up.

I may have mentioned it earlier, that 2 out of the 3 people that I spoke with on the COVID hotline did not know what Paxlovid is and did not know it was offered.

I had her brother call, like I did to get Paxlovid with me informing him on the details of what it is and what to do.

He called back to report that he was told that he's not eligible for any treaments (Paxlovid or the anti body infusion) because he was vaccinated. I went thru the roof after hearing that.

He has severe cardiovascular disease/had a quadruple bipass 3 years ago, is on medicine for long lived diabetes and is overweight. I asked him if he told her that and he said he did and she still said he can't get the treatments.

I called and the same lady finally answered after a 20 minute wait and she claimed that she's only passing on the information of the provider, then continued to insist that he isn't eligible. I let her have it and told her what the actual eligibility rules were and she continued to insist on the wrong interpretation. Then I asked to speak to the nurse on duty, who is the one that does the interview and medical analysis of the patients records to determine if they can get Paxlovid.

She said the message would be passed along to her and she would call when she gets the time. 

An hour later, I called back and was told the nurse was busy. Finally, 2 hours later, I get a call back and tell the nurse the details and she listens and says the he can get the Paxlovid but she has to contact the person who answers the phone so they know and then he has to start over from the beginning because thats how the system works.

I asked when that would be and she said she had no idea. After insisting she tell me, I pinned her down to an hour. At this point, I'm just glad he's getting the Paxlovid.

So I pass this along to the brother and call him back for like the 12th time(the poor guy just lost his mom and had been living with her for the past 20 years and has COVID), then call him back in an hour to see how it went.

I also had to find a 24 hour pharmacy for him because all the pharmacies had closed from the hours of wasted time.

On the final call with him, he says they still wouldn't give him the Paxlovid because they said they couldn't verify his medical records to make sure his kidneys were healthy enough to take the drug because his doctor is from a different hospital/insurance plan. ..........The same one as my wife and SHE got the drug.

So I called the COVID hotline for that hospital/group and they tell me that the only way people associated with them can get Paxlovid is thru their family doctor........they don't prescribe it like the one my wife used. 

At that point, the poor guy was stressed out and said he's already starting to recover from COVID and just let it go.

So I called the very first lady back to tell her the poor guy just lost his mom 4 days ago and didn't need to be put thru all that in addition.

Then she makes excuses about why she didn't do anything wrong and I interrupted her to tell her that I didn't call to argue or attack her. I called to help her to do her job right and learn a lesson from this experience so she would better understand the eligibility requirements so that all the people calling her from now on will benefit from that.

She finally conceded and acknowledged that she got it wrong and thanked me.

By metmike - June 6, 2022, 12:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Just got a call from the Evansville city police.

At the funeral home, last Wednesday, my wife started getting really ill and had no sleep the previous night, taking care of her dying Mom and had to leave in the middle of the family gathering, with me driving her car home........mine left in the parking lot.

When I took all the pictures to them on Saturday morning, I had a conversation with a lady explaining this and she said they were wondering about my car parked there for the past 3 days and thanked me/said we were good.

Deb and I decided that we would just get it after the wake today, since she's doing well enough to drive now.

This morning, the funeral home called the cops to have it towed.

Fortunately, the cops looked up my landline number and fortunately I was home to answer the phone and explain the story.

Fortunately, I have a special state police memorial license plate that identifies me as a supporter/donor to that cause. It actually looks just like the license plates of cops.

I also still have a huge sticker across my back window supporting my good friend, the sheriff here, Dave Wedding. 

Could be the cop saw that and thought........"I don't want to tow somebody like this, without trying to figure it out first"

Regardless, the guy told me that he was sorry for our loss and I thanked him for his service(risking his life and helping people) and for  helping to keep our current problem from getting worse by him finding me instead of towing me.

By metmike - June 7, 2022, 9:52 p.m.
Like Reply

We buried my wife's beloved mother today and it was an extremely beautiful ceremony. 

I was privileged to do half of the Eulogy with one of her brothers doing the other half,  similar to when her dad died 20 years ago.(I was gifted with communication skills from being on television for 11 years)  and my wife read a  very touching poem that she wrote.

I referred to her mom as "the mother in law from heaven" and "the grandmother from heaven".

Very few people in this world devote their entire lives to caring for others like she did.

She did a wonderful job raising her 6 children, even though they were very poor.

Then she played a key role in taking care of many of  her children's children, with several of the grandkids actually living with her for much of their childhood as well as her being their daycare for her working children. 

That included our 3 children before I left the television business to trade commodities for a living. 

I had the great fortune of marrying into their family in 1985 and she treated me special from the time that we first met. She opened her heart and gave love to everybody that was in her life. She greatly enjoyed talking endlessly with complete strangers  from every walk of life for the sake of connecting with other human beings.

When people die,  it's traditional/expected for their friends and family to think about and discuss their positive traits......often ignoring the negative things.

This was different. We actually could have spent hours or wrote a book related to discussing the positive traits and using the many  hundreds of examples.

There are so many tragedies in todays world that are REAL tragedies......mass shootings, drug overdoses, suicides, car accidents.

Young people never getting the opportunity to experience life because of an early death.

However, when an 87 year old passes after touching hundreds of lives that will remember her for the rest of their life........which is also what SHE wanted most in her life..........it's a success story/blessing and reason to celebrate those wonderful years, knowing that life has to end some time, despite missing her presence.

Deb talked with her almost every evening and it will be numerous months before her brain stops telling her that it's time to call mom. 

I'm sure many others here have experienced this too!

By metmike - June 8, 2022, 10:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Deb went back to work today.

Very depressed from losing her Mom but physically doing well. 

Thank you again US government for the free tests and free  Paxlovid that allowed her to get well extremely fast!

By joj - June 9, 2022, 6:44 a.m.
Like Reply

Glad to hear of your wife's physical recovery.  May her emotional wounds heal with time.

By metmike - June 9, 2022, 10:01 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks joj!

I should have added that it wasn't the FREE part that saved her but the fact that we had the tests at home already, which saved DAYS of time getting the COVID confirmed.

The old way was to schedule an appointment at a testing center, which might take a day or 2, then wait for the test results........another day or 2.

An average wait of as much as 2 to 3 days.

The Paxlovid doesn't do much good after 5 days and the 100% key to effectiveness is how quickly you stop the virus from replicating, which is how this drug works.

As I mentioned, a virus can make around 700 copies of itself every 7 hours.

I have to correct myself on the math.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/85199/#85266

After 14 hours, that means 700 X 700 =490,000 viral units which is thousands

After 21 hours, that means 490,000 X 700 =343,000,000 viral units which is millions

After 28 hours, that means 343,000,000 X 700 =240,100,000,000 viral units which is billions.

You are basically, almost adding 3 more 0's each time(multiplying by 1,000 would do that exactly) so the next time it would be trillions and so on.

After you start taking Paxlovid, the virus stops multiplying by 700 times every 7 hours and your immune system can kill the amount of virus that remains!!

By metmike - June 9, 2022, 10:21 a.m.
Like Reply

Numbers of Zeros in a Million, Billion, Trillion, and More

https://www.thoughtco.com/zeros-in-million-billion-trillion-2312346

Numbers Bigger Than a Trillion  

The digit zero plays an important role as you count very large numbers. It helps track these multiples of 10 because the larger the number is, the more zeroes are needed. In the table below, the first column lists the name of the number, the second provides the number of zeros that follow the initial digit, and the third tells you how many groups of three zeros you would need to write out each number.

NameNumber of ZerosGroups of (3) Zeros
Ten1(10)
Hundred2(100)
Thousand31 (1,000)
Ten thousand4(10,000)
Hundred thousand5(100,000)
Million62 (1,000,000)
Billion93 (1,000,000,000)
Trillion124 (1,000,000,000,000)
Quadrillion155
Quintillion186
Sextillion217
Septillion248
Octillion279
Nonillion3010
Decillion3311

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Millions, Billions, and Trillions

How Can We Think About Really Large Numbers?

https://www.thoughtco.com/millions-billions-and-trillions-3126163

++++++++++++++++++++++++

How do you express large numbers?

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/how-do-you-express-large-numbers/

metmike: So that last number, 240,100,000,000 viral units which is 240  billion could be written as 2.4 X 10 to the 11th power because there are 11-#'s  after the last whole number.