Just when I think I've heard the stupidest comment on guns from the left...
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - June 11, 2022, 11:46 a.m.

They blow me away.

Joy Behar of the View believes that gun laws in this country will change when blacks get guns.  

I'm not making this up,  I'm not exagerating, I'm not even paraprasing.  I even made sure I was not reading a Babylon Bee peice.    This is what she appears to believe.

When you ask why I feel the gun control crowd is essentially clueless, it's comments like these that shape my opinion.

Not surprisingly, black gun owners took issue with what was not only clueless, but a bit racist as well.  At the very least, racially ignorant.

Are there actually more people in this country who believe African Americans don't have guns?

Black gun owners sound off on 'ridiculous' Joy Behar's remarks: 'Her comments are stupid' | Fox News

Comments
By metmike - June 11, 2022, 12:54 p.m.
Like Reply

I agree.

That was a really, really dumb statement.

We have large numbers of people in society that look at every single issue thru a race based lens.

White Supremesists are well known and have been around forever. They are pathetic!

abut we have a much larger group from the other side that has a more well intentioned misinterpretation of everything to the opposite extreme doing tremendous damage.

Their frame of mind defines BLM.

Every issue, all the time has to be evaluated for minority/racial justice that needs changing to make it more accommodating for minorities.

Its often an assumption before they even look at the facts.

Ive strongly supported Civil Rights and minorities my entire life but this is COUNTERproductive for many reasons.

It increases racial tensions because it’s not authentically based in fairness And equality.

You don’t convert people not on your side with a BS mésage. You ALIENATE them And turn them off.. That rule applies in every realm.

Thats what BLM has done as the quintessential example of that principle.

MLK was the quinnessential OPPOSITE example of that.

He is a tough act to follow but he should have made it much easier by showing us how it’s done right.

people like me, that have always been on that side but think objectively, wish like heck that BLM never existed.

They‘ve wrecked what the authentic message should be  and so have many in society that see race,and racists around every corner and link it to every topic…..so that they can feel good about helping blacks…….while actually hurting them overall.

MLK  is rolling over in his grave. He strived for creating equality  in society for all people and all races and for one day society to be color blind.

By metmike - June 11, 2022, 1:11 p.m.
Like Reply

And that’s what makes this statement so dumb.

if your position on gun control is based on authentic principles…..use those.

They will apply to all races.

However, sometimes using race IS needed because it truly is relevant.

For example, the vast VAST majority of blacks murdered in big cities is from  other blacks.

That statistic has meaning because it debunks disinformation related to BLM bull crap and the war on cops.

If you really cared about innocent blacks, try to use your influence/resources  to actually help in ways that make a significant difference that ALL people can unite together on.

Attacking cops is such an us VS them  bogus counterproductive mentality. Especially since cops SAVE many more black lives from fighting crime than take them by an enormously wide margin. 

Like I said, the world would be better off in many areas related to racial relations with no BLM in it.

By metmike - June 12, 2022, 7:06 a.m.
Like Reply

The positive objective with cops, that we MUST have is to realize that they are on our side…..not the enemy to vilify.

Treating them like they are the enemy and have the opposite objectives to people on the left is a fake, manufactured political narrative.

Cops want everything that we do and are the ones putting their lives at risk to help us get it.

There are flawed cops as in most prpress ions but this is a small minority.

if you were in a war, let’s say like WW2, with the Allie’s fighting Germany, what would you do if France had a disagreement with the US or Allies about how to defeat German…..we wouldn’t suddenly shift the battle to fighting France.

that sounds retarded but it’s an analogy to how we’re treating cops.

They are totally the good guys on our side fighting crime and evil but have some flaws to manage with more accountability needed.

In every profession, when you take away accountability, you will have some human beings abuse their power and act in a manner that violates acceptable behavior because they are flawed and can get away with it.

Body cams being mandatory are a great strat.

Taking isolated examples of cops gone bad ….which are  inevitable and pretending they represent a systemically racist and rotten institution when the overwhelming evidence totally proves the exact opposite …. Is such a counterproductive mentality.

The people/entities doing that need to go….not the cops.