Jan 6 Quote. "Team Crazy" vs "Team Normal"
23 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - June 13, 2022, 3:58 p.m.

Stepien told the committee that Trump’s orbit had cleaved into “Team Crazy” vs. “Team Normal” and that he was glad to be on the latter. However, Trump was increasingly listening only to allies who pushed conspiracy theories about the election.

“I was somewhat demoralized because I thought, boy … he has become detached from reality if he really believes this stuff,” former Trump attorney general William P. Barr said, according to video testimony the committee played Monday. “When I went into this and would tell them how crazy some of these allegations were, there was never an indication of interest in what the actual facts were.”

Comments
By metmike - June 13, 2022, 4:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks joj!

We have our post of the week!

For more on this discussion, go here:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/85500/

By metmike - June 13, 2022, 5:13 p.m.
Like Reply

I guess we can use this for the new thread to discuss week 2 of the hearings.

I was busy and completely missed them but will pass on info:

Jan. 6 committee focuses on Trump's election lies in Day 2 of hearings

Members of Trump's inner circle testified that they told him he lost, while Barr and another top DOJ official testified that they personally informed Trump his fraud claims were baseless, according to clips played by the panel.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/live-blog/january-6-hearings-day-two-live-updates-rcna32975

Monday marked the second day of public hearings for the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Close aides, advisers and family members, including daughter Ivanka Trump, testified that they told then-President Donald Trump in the days and weeks after Nov. 3, 2020, that he had lost the White House to Joe Biden and that his increasingly outlandish fraud claims were meritless, according to recordings played by the panel. 

Trump continued to push the stolen election lie anyway.

Highlights from the hearing: 

• A key witness, no longer in person: Bill Stepien, former Trump campaign manager, did not testify live as planned — his wife went into labor. In recorded clips, Stepien said that he and other campaign officials attempted to prepare Trump for an uncertain outcome on election night and urged him not to declare victory. Trump ignored that advice, favoring former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani's approach, he said.
  • Trump heard dissenting voices on Giuliani: The committee played video of adviser Jason Miller testifying that Giuliani was "intoxicated" on election night. Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner testified he told Trump not to listen to Giuliani.
  • “Team normal” vs. “completely nuts”: After it became clear Trump has no shot at victory, Stepien said, “Team Normal” — those telling Trump the truth — was pushed aside for Giuliani and others. Eric Herschmann, a White House attorney under Trump, testified that the election conspiracies spread at this point were “completely nuts.” Attorney General William Barr and another top Justice Department official testified about their efforts to personally debunk the claims to Trump himself.
  • The rioters explain how they were inspired by the bogus fraud claims: The committee concluded the hearing with video of Trump supporters at the Capitol, describing why they were there.
  • Catch up quickly on the first hearing here.
By metmike - June 13, 2022, 10:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Liz Cheney says Rudy Giuliani was 'apparently inebriated' when advising Trump on election night in 2020

https://www.businessinsider.com/liz-cheney-rudy-giuliani-apparently-inebriated-advising-trump-election-night-2022-6

Takeaways: Trump’s mind ‘made up’ on fraud ahead of Jan. 6

https://apnews.com/article/jan-6-hearings-day-2-takeaways-5194979c436b3ee567e0dd20c7cc2f2d

Barr told Trump his fraud claims were 'bull----.' Former AG emerges as key witness at Jan. 6 hearing

Historically seen as an ally of Trump, Bill Barr told story after story of how he pushed back on baseless claims of election fraud that the former president embraced.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/06/13/bill-bar-jan-6-hearing/7610967001/?gnt-cfr=1

By metmike - June 13, 2022, 11:09 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - June 14, 2022, 12:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Jan. 6 Committee Confirms 'Big Lie' Was Also a 'Big Ripoff' of Trump Donors

"Trump is a con man and a grifter," said one watchdog group. "He wasn't just selling the Big Lie, he was making sure to fundraise off of it."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2022/06/13/jan-6-committee-confirms-big-lie-was-also-big-ripoff-trump-donors

Amanda Wick, senior investigative counsel for the committee, said in a video presented on the second day of hearings that the campaign sent millions of fundraising emails to supporters in the weeks after the election, "sometimes as many as 25 a day."

Those emails, imploring voters to "step up" and help protect election integrity and to "fight back" against the "left wing mob," garnered $250 million before the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, including nearly $100 million in the first week after the election.

"The Trump campaign knew these claims of voter fraud were false," said Wick, "yet they continued to barrage small-dollar donors with emails encouraging them to donate to something called the Official Election Defense Fund."

The committee played testimony from Trump campaign officials including Gary Coby, former digital campaign director, admitting that there was no fund devoted to defending Trump's claim that he had won the election.

"Is it fair to say the Official Election Defense Fund was a marketing tactic?" Coby was asked by an investigator, to which he replied, "Yes."

Instead of funding the former president's legal battle, Wick explained, millions of dollars went to benefit Trump's allies and associates, including:

• $1 million to a charitable foundation run by then-White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows;
  • $1 million to the America First Policy Institute, which employs seven former Trumo administration officials;
  • $5 million to Event Strategies, Inc., which organized the January 6 rally that devolved into the violent riot later that day; and
  • More than 200,000 to the Trump Hotel Collection.

The money was funneled to those organizations through the Save America PAC, a political action committee that Trump established on November 9, 2020—two days after President Joe Biden was announced the winner of the election.

"Most of the money raised went to this newly created PAC, not to election litigation," said Wick.

The hearing showed, said Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, that "Trump is a con man and a grifter."

metmike: I actually remember getting  emails asking for money, exactly like they just described. Wow!

Bet I can find them.

By metmike - June 14, 2022, 12:33 a.m.
Like Reply

Here's one of them:

DonaldJTrump.com

Wed 11/11/2020 1:14 AM

We can’t let our democracy be destroyed.  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

Donate to the Official Election Defense Fund

DonaldJTrump.com <contact@victory.donaldtrump.com>

Trump Pence Make America Great Again
OFFICIAL ELECTION DEFENSE FUND
 CONTRIBUTE $20 = $220 
CONTRIBUTE $15 = $165 
CONTRIBUTE $10 = $110 
CONTRIBUTE $5 = $55

CONTRIBUTE ANY AMOUNT

By metmike - June 14, 2022, 12:35 a.m.
Like Reply

DonaldJTrump.com

Tue 11/10/2020 1:14 PM

Will you step up when your Country needed you most?  ‌

Join the Election Defense Task Force

DonaldJTrump.com <contact@victory.donaldtrump.com>

Trump Pence Make America Great Again
ELECTION DEFENSE TASK FORCE
 CONTRIBUTE $20 = $220
CONTRIBUTE $15 = $165 
CONTRIBUTE $10 = $110 
CONTRIBUTE $5 = $55
CONTRIBUTE ANY AMOUNT

By TimNew - June 14, 2022, 3:31 a.m.
Like Reply

And Adam Schiff tells us they probably have enough evidence to have the DOJ possibly consider unprecedented criminal charges,

Theres some gosh darn cold hard authentic objective facts right there, fer sure.

I guess all those legal challenges we love to hear being thrown out of court were all pro bono.

I'm not even gonna get into the "Team Crazy" vs "Team Normal" debate with the cast af characters heaeding this all up.  Too freekin surreal

By metmike - June 14, 2022, 3:32 a.m.
Like Reply

Aside from the other crimes, Trump used a scheme to  sucker his targets for $250,000,000 in a very short period of time by sending out many millions of emails.

Biggest fraud perpetrated on so many people in such a short time in US history. ......by a wide margin!

If I got dozens of emails, just multiply that by tens of millions of people and there could have been half a billion emails sent out to take advantage of people that trusted him. 

After all that, the ones that he specifically targeted (and fell for it) with this appalling  scam...........continue to stand by him.

If somebody that I trusted greatly was totally using and lying to me and ripping me off, while they pretended they cared about me...... I could forgive them if they acknowledged doing it and apologized and were sincerely remorseful.  

Instead, Trump arrogantly defends this behavior and appeals to the exact same ones that he messed over the most  to stand by him. Dysfunctional!

Fool me once..........your fault.

Fool me twice......my fault.

Fool me 3 times.......really my fault.

Fool me 10 times.........we have a pathological relationship where one side is abusing the other side continuously and being rewarded/getting positive reinforcement and admiration instead of being completely rejected. 

By TimNew - June 14, 2022, 6:35 a.m.
Like Reply

Ever notice that as soon as some left winger cries "fraud" in Trump's direction, there are people who automagically take their word as gospel and "convict" without a second thought? No need to look at evidence. It's on the internet,  it must be true.  It's been going on for years, and as one accusation drifts off the radar, two more replace it. And it always works.

Fool me once, indeed  :-)

By metmike - June 14, 2022, 8:34 a.m.
Like Reply

"No need to look at evidence."

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/85500/#85590

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By TimNew - Dec. 18, 2021, 6:08 a.m.                        

The only thing that's come out of the latest "investigation" is that Trump, and everyone around him, was completely opposed to the riot.  The dozens of tweets "uncovered" all document extreme opposition.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/79199/#79218

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/85677/#85710

Fool me 50 times...................must be Trump/Insurrection and the republicans

Fool me to infinity..............should be the title of the movie/documentary covering this event, starting the day after the election, Nov. 4, 2020. 

By metmike - June 14, 2022, 8:52 a.m.
Like Reply

An alternate title for a movie related to this would be:

"Anything the left says is always wrong

even better:

”The RIGHT is called that name because we are always…..-RIGHT-!

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77011/#77012

Neither political party has a franchise on the truth.

If you believe one party all the time......................you will believe in lies some of the time.

metmike, MarketForum 

By metmike - June 14, 2022, 9:13 a.m.
Like Reply

Fox News To Air Jan. 6 Committee Hearings After Previously Ignoring It

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-air-january-6-committee-hearing-monday-ignoring-it-1715085

metmike: So I guess some on Fox did air the hearings? Watched Tucker for awhile last night and he continued the blanket censorship of information that disagrees with him related to this. 

My biggest reason to watch Fox right now is to see what Fox is broadcasting to it's viewers to understand why far right people have their extreme views not rooted in realities. 

However, I  still really enjoy seeing other points of view, some that are non mainstream AND are solid. 

This current topic is the polar opposite of that......it's a bowl of decomposing mush with an increasing stench............that republicans have defined as perfume (-:

By metmike - June 14, 2022, 12:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Jan. 6 committee abruptly postpones Wednesday hearing

The hearing was expected to focus on Trump's plan to replace former acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/jan-6-committee-abruptly-postpones-wednesday-hearing-rcna33433

Thursday's hearing will focus on Trump’s efforts to pressure Pence “to refuse to count certain electoral votes on Jan. 6,” according to Cheney. She said the committee would present testimony from Pence’s former general counsel, Greg Jacob, saying what Trump demanded of Pence “wasn’t just wrong, it was illegal and unconstitutional.”  

By mcfarm - June 14, 2022, 3:39 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD1FKfXFEug   watch this and then try to tell me who "team crazy" is, you guys are too damn much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rQW-Q_24Rw   you want a look at team crazy, just watch this

By metmike - June 14, 2022, 4:17 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm, 

We already have a thread going on that topic............in fact, started by you.

This has nothing to do with this topic. They are INDEPENDENT of each other.

Please use the thread YOU created for that topic or, if you want start a new one, so that YOUR posts can have maximized value for readers here.

If somebody comes to a football game/field with a baseball bat to play baseball............they came to the wrong place.

Thanks in advance!

killer caught outside Kavanaugh home            

16 responses |              

Started by mcfarm - June 8, 2022, 3:51 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/85443/

By metmike - June 14, 2022, 4:21 p.m.
Like Reply

To minimize the excessive nature of the Trump emails to my computer, trying to bilk me(and many tens of millions of others) out of money and convince me/us that the election was stolen and not bog this thread started by joj down, I  only showed a couple above and created a separate thread for them below.

Biggest financial scams in history            

Started by metmike - June 14, 2022, 12:45 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/85730/

By TimNew - June 15, 2022, 4:33 a.m.
Like Reply

MM.  As you have clearly demonstrated several times that you cannot distinguish between fact and opinion, debates are largely for entertainment purposes only.

So, for the claim that Trump bilked people,  you'd need an audit of where the money has gone.  Not a speculative diatribe, an actual audit.  That has not been done.  Who paid for those 50+ legal challenges you like to claim were laughed out of court?  I'll bet they were not pro bono.

When Schiff says we may have enough evidence to present to the DOJ for them to consider criminal indictments is not the same as saying there are crimiinal indictments.  Far from it. And based on history and the number of criminal indictments, I'd say it's unlikely we'll see any.

The fact is, the "Hearings" you've been sitting on the edge of your seat for are not actual hearings at all. In hearings, you have the prosecution attempt to make their case, and then you have the defense try to rebuke the case.

In this "hearing", we are subjected to supposition, hearsay and opinion, with no rebuttal and thats exactly what Nancy P et al. wanted.  It was evident when she rejected Jordan and Banks. Having anyone around to question anything in the presentation would have spoiled the whole show. 

So, to be accurate, when we refer to this "hearing",  we really should be calling it a kangaroo court

By metmike - June 15, 2022, 5:12 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim!

By metmike - June 15, 2022, 11:12 p.m.
Like Reply

How to watch Thursday's House Jan. 6 committee hearing focusing on Trump's "relentless" pressure on Pence

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/house-january-6-committee-public-hearing-watch-special-report-live-stream-2022-06-16/

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol will hold the third in a series of public hearings on Thursday beginning at 1 p.m. ET.

CBS News will broadcast the hearing as a Special Report.

Committee vice chair Rep. Liz Cheney tweeted a preview of the hearing, saying it would be focused on "President Trump's relentless effort on Jan. 6 and in the days beforehand to pressure Vice President Pence to refuse to count lawful electoral votes."

Pence's former counsel Greg Jacob and conservative jurist J. Michael Luttig, who has advised Pence, are scheduled to appear. Two people familiar with Luttig's expected testimony, who were not authorized to discuss details of the hearing, told CBS News that he is expected to tell the committee "America's democracy was almost stolen from her."  

Luttig will also likely state that the Republican National Committee is wrong to have referred to some of the events of Jan. 6, 2021 as "legitimate political discourse," and he will warn fellow conservatives to not ignore the gravity of what Trump did as he scrambled to hold onto the presidency that day.  

Luttig will also reveal how he advised then-Vice President Mike Pence to resist Trump's pleas for Pence to block the congressional certification of Joe Biden's election victory.  

The committee has two more public hearings scheduled: Tuesday, June 21 at 1 p.m. ET, and Thursday, June 23 at 1 p.m. ET.  Thompson said Wednesday that the committee is planning on finishing the hearings this month, meaning two more still need to be scheduled."

By metmike - June 16, 2022, 1:07 a.m.
Like Reply

Most Republicans still falsely believe Trump’s stolen election claims

https://www.politifact.com/article/2022/jun/14/most-republicans-falsely-believe-trumps-stolen-ele/

• In poll after poll, about 70% of Republicans say they don’t think Joe Biden is the legitimate winner of  the 2020 election.
  • Multiple recounts and election audits have confirmed the accuracy of the election results.
  • Some Trump backers have told researchers that the more they hear reports that the election was fair, the more they believe that it wasn’t.

What has our country come to???

The more authentic, objective rock solid facts and evidence that you show people about this............the more they believe in and defend the lies!

A bunch or non critically thinking captured brains being programmed by politicians, media and political party sources that are telling them exactly what to think.

And all of them screaming about the other side doing exactly what is happening to them!

Team crazy includes  many  10's of millions of people.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/67714/

By metmike - June 16, 2022, 6:31 a.m.
Like Reply

The other side is convinced that we are killing the planet from a climate optimum that in reality features a greening up planet from a beneficial gas and slight, mostly beneficial warming.

See the last climate realities update thread with many new threads and,posts featuring the data/evidence to prove that.

the number of clear thinking, objective people who know that trump lost and also that there is no climate crisis is a minority. 

People that believe in one of the manufactured lies all go to their echo chambers to hear like minded   people   repeat  the same lies so they can get their reinforcement fixes to perpetuate the  lies instead of confronting them with the blatantly obvious contradicting authentic evidence that only people from the other side believe.

It appears to be a product of mankind’s evolution tied to a developed weakness which allows trusted but dishonest information gatekeepers to flood the information highways with convincing false narratives and manufactured information.

it’s being done on a massive scale  and specifically targets people based on their powerful political allegiance/belief system that features bonding group think…..which causes the strong connections and tribalism instincts that make it so effective and hard to resist.

There couldn't be a more compelling cause than to save the planet. Why would anybody be against this cause and why wouldn’t we trust all people trying to save the planet for our grandchildren with purely altruistic intentions? That’s how theyve effectively sold it.

This is the team crazy that believes in the fake climate crisis that’s destroying a planet ……..that’s greening up and they have much more control and are doing even more damage than Trump‘s team crazy, especially to authentic science that they distort greatly and now, the intended damage to the energy markets is really showing up.

By metmike - June 16, 2022, 11:58 a.m.
Like Reply

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/27864/

This is really scary stuff.

The majority of people in our country believe in completely manufactured, false narratives that serve counterproductive agenda(for the US)  in realms of extremely profound importance determining our future for energy/politics/elections.

Ironically, the MAGA crowd........(Make America Great Again) by blindly following a criminal psychopath that tells them how to think, is actually doing more than their part to DESTROY  the great USA.

And Fox, knowing the control that Trump has over the vast, VAST majority of their viewers is doing their best to be a powerful conduit, while raking in the ratings profits..helping to reinforce Trumps cult following type allegiance amongst their viewers.

Many of the republicans in congress also know their fate rests on whether they are endorsed by Trump or not and are going with what keeps them in power.....in essence, helping to reinforce Trumps cult following allegiance even more.

It's a vicious, self sustaining/reinforcing dynamic that all feeds/maintains the power and control of Donald Trump over the minds of republicans. Never seen anything close to this in my life on this scale or even imagined that it could happen in this country.