Russia/China war/food
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - June 13, 2022, 6:46 p.m.

I will 1 tackle the world food crisis

The UN tells us millions will go hungry, some will starve if Ukraine is not able to export their grain. Questions remain if russia will export a significant amount or?? As of now, russia is accussed by the west of using food as a weapon which russia denies

On top of this we are told Ukraine has 1/3 - 1/4 of arable land unfit for grain production. Ukraine says they will meet domestic needs but exports are questionable as to how much, if any real amounts vs past exports

The take away from the above is:

How much grain will be exported, where will the needed food come from and the fact so much of Ukraine land is not going to produce a crop to harvest, thus affecting world food supplies

Now I suppose a second or 3rd question might be??

Will we in NA do any thing to feed the hungry people

Now to make things more interesting and you may comment on what ever you feel comfortable with

Can the west fight russia in Ukraine and china if Taiwan is attacked???

Do we have priorities

What about our chip supply

What about our ability to manufacture war material in needed amounts fast enough when the USA is not a manufacturing country. Ys we have the military war complex but how many pieces and parts do we rely on imports, perhaps from an enemy???

And finally will we be able to fight one or two wars with the SPR being reduced and the fact the USA has lost the last two major wars

Would this war be different

I know too many questions in one post so take yer pick

Myself, I think china thinks the west can be defeated, as the west has too many irons in the fire and does nothing, like a war, as well as china

Comments
By metmike - June 13, 2022, 9:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Wayne,

Great questions too.

I don't know the answer to most of them but China must see our involvement in Ukraine as a huge weakness. We've dumped over 50 billion for that cause.  at a time when our economy is tanking and debt insurmountable. 

And Biden having close to  the lowest ratings of any president in history.

US citizens are not exactly in the mood to rally behind a failing president getting even more overextended in yet another countries problems.

Is it the right thing to do?

I think that we should look at the Middle East for a history lesson and reality check on totally flopping US foreign policies for countless decades based on the US trying to intervene in the affairs of other countries......using propaganda sold to the citizens of the US to justify our attempts to rid the world of bad guys (of our choosing-you can find dozens of bad leaders and atrocities in the world at any time, which we choose to ignore).

Underlying motives define most of our actions and not ridding the world of bad leaders and/or saving people facing atrocities(which is the excuse to act).