Dr. Fauci tests positive for COVID
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - June 15, 2022, 3:21 p.m.

Fauci tests positive for COVID-19

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/3524968-fauci-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

metmike: I would be shocked if he isn't taking Paxlovid and puzzled if they don't mention his treatment includes this. Maybe they want to avoid making it look like he's promoting profits for Big Pharma as his detractors are bound to try to make that link.

Biden shines-incredible story!            

29 responses |  

Started by metmike - June 2, 2022, 6:52 p.m.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/85199/

Comments
By metmike - June 17, 2022, 11:14 a.m.
Like Reply

Fauci is taking Paxlovid.

Dr. Anthony Fauci tests positive for COVID-19

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/dr-anthony-fauci-tests-positive-covid/story?id=85416368

Fauci’s office told ABC News that he’s taking Pfizer’s antiviral treatment Paxlovid.

metmike: When my wife read the story about it and read that he's taking Paxlovid, she said "I wouldn't have  any idea what that is if you hadn't gotten it for me"

Oddly, she got extremely sick with an upper respiratory illness(no fever), several days after the recovery and appears to be close to physically well again.......only woke up coughing 4 times last night, vs   more like  40 times/night earlier this week. 

Is this a rebound from Paxlovid that some have?

She tested negative for COVID but also, has still been depressed, not sleeping well and run down from grieving over the loss of her mother. 

So she got very sick 2 different times with completely different symptoms both times.

COVID is extremely contagious but I never got sick or tested positive.

By mcfarm - June 17, 2022, 11:20 a.m.
Like Reply

fauci says his symptoms are extremely mild. hope his recovery s fast and complete and he retires or is fired very soon before they start forcing 5 year olds and under to take the vac. As a nation we are told we are 75% infected and just as at the very start other than those with age or health problems this thing was wildly used as a political tool.

By metmike - June 17, 2022, 11:34 a.m.
Like Reply

As a nation we are told we are 75% infected and just as at the very start other than those with age or health problems this thing was wildly used as a political tool.

mcfarm,

You continue to site really bad science and DISinformation about the vaccine based on the places you go to for information, like  anti science, anti COVID vax Tucker on Fox.

All the authentic science supports the low risks and high benefits of being vaccinated for COVID.

At my sons baby shower on Saturday, I was talking to a couple of people going on about knowing about the COVID vaccination killing several completely healthy people a couple weeks later. Even stating that on their death certificate that it listed the COVID vaccine as the cause of death and its happening around the country but being covered up.

There was no point in me correcting them and getting them upset. I just assumed they go to the same sites that you go to for their DISinformation.

I admit, there's tons and tons and tons of convincing sounding, scary stuff that you can get related to this.

The trick is being able to discern between that DISinformation and authentic science so that you increase your legit.  knowledge instead of having your intelligence stolen. 

I try my best to show the authentic science here..............as a scientist but can't open up minds to accept it. That's the personal responsibility of the reader. 

By mcfarm - June 17, 2022, 2:49 p.m.
Like Reply

so I guess you complaint is the 75% number that has been tossed around? Ok, is it 70 or is 80 or just where is it?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/02/politics/covid-vaccine-booster-pandemic-surge-what-matters/index.html  here ya go and from your most trusted source, CNN....and I quote, "most Americans have now had covid

By metmike - June 17, 2022, 3:37 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

You missed the entire point. 

"As a nation we are told we are 75% infected and just as at the very start other than those with age or health problems this thing was wildly used as a political tool."

It doesn't matter if it's 5% or 100%, you don't want to believe the science because it's just used as a political tool.

So I'll repeat the point again.

All the authentic science supports the low risks and high benefits of being vaccinated for COVID.

By mcfarm - June 17, 2022, 5:05 p.m.
Like Reply

All the authentic science supports the low risks and high benefits of being vaccinated for COVID.  by MM, he still left other part,,,,Unless you are young and have good health,,,,,then it becomes very political

By metmike - June 17, 2022, 5:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Not correct again mcfarm.

What in tarnation would vaccinating young people have to do with politics anyway?

Young people are obviously at much lower risk for severe complications and death but you obviously won't consider the main reason..........COVID is extremely contagious and spreads by community transmission.

Young people are part of the community that interacts with old people. The best way to manage a very contagious disease that's killed a million+ people in this country is to vaccinate THE COMMUNITY, not just the ones with the higher risk. That's basic vaccination/virology science.

And it doesn't matter if 75% or 100% of people had COVID. Many people are getting COVID a 2nd time and even more than that. Maybe you didn't know that and this is the source of your confusion.

'Part of a new normal': Covid reinfections are here to stay

Having Covid once is no guarantee you won't get it again. Here's the latest on reinfections.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/many-can-get-reinfected-covid-rcna33629

In 2022, that's no longer the case for either. As more immune-dodging coronavirus variantsemerge, reinfections and breakthrough infections appear increasingly normal.