GA grand jury subpoenaes
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - July 5, 2022, 3:58 p.m.

metmike: This is completely independent of the ongoing investigation in Jan. 6 hearings.

Rudy Giuliani, Lindsey Graham subpoenaed by grand jury in Trump election probe

The Fulton County, Georgia, grand jury also subpoenaed John Eastman and other members of the legal team the former president used to try to overturn results in the state. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/rudy-giuliani-lindsey-graham-subpoenaed-grand-jury-trump-election-prob-rcna36749

One of the lawyers subpoenaed Tuesday, Mitchell, was on a separate call with Raffensperger —  the recorded Jan. 2, 2021, call in which Trump urged Raffensperger to overturn Joe Biden’s win in the state. “All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state,” Trump said on the call. 

Trump has denied there was anything improper about the call, describing it as "perfect."

Raffensperger testified before the grand jury last month.

Comments
By metmike - July 5, 2022, 4:08 p.m.
Like Reply

The story above linked to this story that I found fascinating because of the quote below it:

Georgia officials spar with Sen. Lindsey Graham over alleged ballot tossing comments

Graham denied that he was suggesting that legally cast ballots should be thrown out.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/georgia-secretary-state-raffensperger-says-sen-graham-asked-him-about-n1247968

Raffensperger said Tuesday during an interview on Peacock TV's “The Mehdi Hasan Show" that the numbers show that Trump cost himself the election in Georgia.

“There were actually 24,000 Republican voters that voted absentee in the June primary, and those same 24,000 voters, did not show up to vote in either absentee or in-person on the day of election or the 15 days of early voting we have," he said. "So they just disappeared and they were ripe for the picking, they were there in June for the primary and they should have come home and voted for President Trump in the Fall.”

metmike: If you remember, Trump was excoriating the absentee voting process.

I doubt that Graham is going to get into any trouble here. 

By WxFollower - July 5, 2022, 4:11 p.m.
Like Reply

True believers in "states' rights" should be appalled by what 45 attempted to do here if they weren't already appalled for other obvious reasons.

By metmike - July 5, 2022, 4:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Exactly Larry and this is where Graham was most out of line because he's from another state.