Indianapolis area mall shooting
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by cutworm - July 18, 2022, 9:58 a.m.

Four people were dead, including the suspected shooter, after a man with a long gun entered a mall south of Indianapolis and opened fire, police said.

Two others were injured in the early evening attack at Greenwood Park Mall, 

The shooter appeared to have been fatally shot by a 22-year-old "good Samaritan" who witnessed the attack and opened fire with a handgun with the intention of ending the assault, Ison said.

Three people are dead after a man opened fire in an Indianapolis mall. The shooter was killed by a 'good Samaritan,' police said. (nbcnews.com)

Comments
By metmike - July 18, 2022, 10:56 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks cutworm!

By mcfarm - July 18, 2022, 6:03 p.m.
Like Reply

and immediately afterword 2 "woke" sources, one Russ McQuad and the other that needs to be burnt Indianapolis Star, both tried to pin the good samaritan as a law breaker, danger to society looking for trouble sort. Lucky for him the Police Chief of Greenwood and the Mayor both had already backed the hero and his brace actions in saving many lives. Seems Simon malls has a policy of no guns. So they quickly accused the life saver of breaking laws. Of Course he broke no law. He broke a Simon Policy and hopefully a day, week, or month will be named for him for doing so. Thank you young brave man of 22 who looked death in the face and said "no more you coward"

By metmike - July 18, 2022, 6:31 p.m.
Like Reply

This young man deserves to be honored/recognized for risking his life(like a good cop does every day as part of his/her job) and saved numerous lives, without a doubt.

Cops are paid to do this. He did it because it was the right thing.......and he had tremendous courage.

I imagine, that anybody with a gun permit, carrying a gun in public isn't just doing it to show off to their friends.

I've had a gun permit for 2 decades but keep my gun in the car.

So I'm completely sympathetic to legal gun owners when it comes to the right to own a weapon like the one that he used to eliminate the killer.

By mcfarm - July 18, 2022, 6:41 p.m.
Like Reply

damn right MM. Latest tidbit I heard was the young man was so calm, trained, detailed he directed others to hide behind him as he took the first shots. The shots were reported to be difficult and at a distance. The gunman was wounded and retreated towards the restroom from which he came. That is when he turned and the good Samaritan ended things. Wow, just wow. How much intestinal fortitude did that take for him to preform so well. Amazing. And hats off for the mayor and Police Chief to come out so strong and defend his actions.

Makes me wonder just how many college students would of been saved a few years ago when one of the earlier mass shootings happened at a college in the SE....S Carolinna? Georgia maybe? if just one person would of been armed and able as this young man