Moon Naps?
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - Aug. 4, 2022, 4:54 p.m.

Does anyone else remember that "Moon Naps" was often posted as the topic years ago on the old board as a play on "Noon Maps"? I think it was one of the Jims that used to do this, but I could be mistaken.

Comments
Re: Moon Naps?
0 likes
By metmike - Aug. 4, 2022, 5:58 p.m.
Like Reply

What a memory Larry!

It was a different Jim than the current one and over a decade ago.

I wish the old forum archives were still with us because that would be posting goldmine.

When we switched to th new forum in 2017, those were left behind.

Our founder Alex also passed away suddenly in 2017.

See in memory of alex on the screen above these trading topics.

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2022, 6:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Jim Williams might have been the guys name, in thinking more about it, Larry.

I think he represented a commercial grain company and was almost always bearish grains because of that.

contrasted with the permabull producer mentality.

By WxFollower - Aug. 4, 2022, 7:14 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

I don't think it was Jim Williams, who was mostly into energy trading nor the current poster, Jim M. who also posted then. I remember this poster going simply by "Jim" and he was mainly or only  into the grains. Jim sometimes showed a sense of humor and also I recall him sometimes posting in mini-binges. He seemed to get real passionate about grain trading at times, including what especially the 12Z GFS showed.

I like to joke around that I often remember the most trivial details from something many years or even decades ago but then forget what I ate for lunch the same day. I wonder if my memory gets clogged with too much detail from the past and doesn't leave enough room for other things lol. 

By metmike - Aug. 5, 2022, 12:46 a.m.
Like Reply

I think you're right that it wasn't Jim Williams. I got that stuck in my head for some reason.

I remember hundreds of bizarre things from growing up and my wife can't remember anything.

We want on 2 week vacations with the kids for years and they don't remember any of it when they were younger. It's sort of depressing to think those wonderful experiences and highlights for them during those years are lost.......except for videos and pictures.

By WxFollower - Aug. 5, 2022, 3:02 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

Do you remember plain old Jim? There was/is Jim M., Jim Williams, and plain old "Jim". The old board was like the "Jim" club! Now Jim M. is the CEO, President, and Chairman of the Board of the Jim club by default since he's now the only member going by a form of Jim.

By metmike - Aug. 5, 2022, 3:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes, plain old Jim. The guy that I described earlier.