Trump Quote
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Aug. 10, 2022, 7:57 a.m.

"Anyone being investigated by the FBI is not qualified to be president of the United States."

- Donald Trump

8/3/16, 9/7/16, 10/15/16, 10/20/16, 10/21/16, 10/25/16, 10/30/16

Comments
Re: Trump Quote
0 likes
By metmike - Aug. 10, 2022, 8:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Excellent one joj!

Worthy of post of the week……but the way things are going, you don’t have much competition (-:

ironically, what Trump did after the 2020 election, by itself was several orders of magnitude more criminal and permanently damaging to this country and a betrayal to the people, democracy and Constitution than all the crimes and speculated crimes of both Clintons combined.

By cutworm - Aug. 10, 2022, 9:22 a.m.
Like Reply

Fact check

Did Trump Say 'Anyone Being Investigated by the FBI Is Not Qualified To Be President'? |Snopes.com

Claim

Before being elected to the presidency, Donald Trump said, at least six times, that “Anyone being investigated by the FBI is not qualified to be the president of the United States.”

Rating

Research In Progress

Research In ProgressAbout this ratingContext

We have so far been unable to find statements by Trump using these exact words, outside of memes and social media posts claiming that he did. We’re still looking through videos, transcripts, and tweets from 2016. Below, we document other, somewhat similar quotes by him and others that bear on the central theme of this claim.

By metmike - Aug. 10, 2022, 9:25 a.m.
Like Reply

joj,

Do you have a link to him saying this?

In fact checking, I've been unable to find the evidence of him actually stating this.

Plenty of sources STATING that he said this and it sounds/reads like something that he would say(which is why its getting so much traction) but not one link so far to him actually stating it.

Thanks

‘Anyone Being Investigated by the FBI Is Not Qualified to Be President of the United States’ Trump Quote Is Likely Misattributed

https://www.truthorfiction.com/anyone-being-investigated-by-the-fbi-is-not-qualified-to-be-president-of-the-united-states-trump-quote-is-likely-misattributed/

Although it is possible that Trump repeatedly (or even once) claimed that “anyone being investigated by the FBI is not qualified to be President of the United States,” it was exceedingly unlikely, given the nature of his campaign and career, that none of the occasions produced video or a transcribed record. We were unable to locate any credible indication that this statement was properly attributed to Donald Trump

metmike: This appears to be another case of what I call "Google Science"

People looking for things on the internet that reinforce what they think that they know and what they want t believe which allows manufactured information to get directly to their brains without fact checking. 

This defines DISinformation in numerous realms and its entirely intentional, coming from people who understand human nature and cognitive bias and use it to push their agenda's.

Not just in politics but big time in realms like climate science. 

0 likes
By cutworm - Aug. 10, 2022, 10:02 a.m.
Like Reply

i guess that unless joj can find something that you and I could not find this will not be post of the week.

0 likes
By joj - Aug. 10, 2022, 11:13 a.m.
Like Reply

Take it down.  That is the last time I post something from FB post.  Apologies to all the Trump supporters out there.

I did find this however:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/10-times-trump-called-hillary-clinton-democrats-investigated/story?id=51138506

Pot calls kettle black....

By metmike - Aug. 10, 2022, 11:22 a.m.
Like Reply

thanks cutworm, I didn’t even see your post until just now because I was busy finishing a fact check when it was posted and didn’t anticipate.

the only way for this to be post of the week would be to demonstrate how, even smart people believe a lot of junk on the internet for the entire reason of it making sense to their often biased blip systemanother post so soon.

individuals/people who do  fact checking will  focus on the fact checking of mostly stuff that disagrees with their belief system and give things that line up with it a free pass.

We all know this but most people are convinced that it’s other people doing it and not them.

By metmike - Aug. 10, 2022, 11:37 a.m.
Like Reply

Joj,

im with you in assuming that trump said this from the get go Because it totally sounds like him and he certainly said things like that.

the main difference is that I always fact check and verify every thing as best possible with few exceptions, including everything that I believe strongly.

Trump fans will elevate the value of this minuscule, insignificant misquote of him to be 5000 times more important and more evidence that trump is a victim.

the REAL, PROVEN, indisputable facts reveal a diabolical criminal betraying all Americans, our democracy and the Constitution after he blatantly Abused his presidential powers to try to overturn the solidly proven beyond a shadow of a doubt loss to him. He messed up the political mindset of our country badly and permanently….or at least for a decade.

assigning a value to this misquote of 1, I would say his actions after the election have a negative value of 1,000,000,000,000 on that scale.

regardless, joj, though frustrated that this happened 

You didn’t go insane trying to defend something proven wrong like many do.

good for you!