Best informative bowling video ever!
3 responses | 1 like
Started by metmike - Aug. 13, 2022, 3:21 p.m.

This really is the best video!  Physics are amazing.

How Hidden Technology Transformed Bowling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFPJf-wKTd0

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 13, 2022, 3:29 p.m.
Like Reply
By WxFollower - Aug. 14, 2022, 3:39 a.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Aug. 14, 2022, 1:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry!

Bowling is an awesome sport!

30 years ago, because of my disorder, I taught myself to bowl with the opposite hand I used all my life  so that I could alternate throws between right and left to lessen the pain and damage.

That gave me an extra 6-7 years and actually improved my bowling scores.

I was mostly throwing the ball straight with my right hand my entire life but when I taught myself to use the left hand, I incorporated a curve and always threw the first ball with my left hand.

Then, if I didn't get a strike, always threw the 2nd ball with my right hand with a straight path because I could pin point location better.

Then there was Wii Bowling. Who does Wii Bowling here?

My 97 year old Dad is the Wii Bowling champ at American House/his assisted living facility. 

When it first came out,  I alternated, like with real bowling because my shoulders were getting so bad... then went completely left handed and limited it to 2 games, then 1 game.

Then had to stop Wii Bowling completely 10 years ago.

Wii bowling allowed me to create a wicked curve. The ball would roll on the edge of the gutter than turn in sharply towards the middle near the end. Something near  impossible using real bowling for most people.

You will lose pin counts if you don't whip the throw hard enough to create speed. Not good for shoulders that don't have much cartilage left.

What does everybody else think of Wii Bowling or Wii games?