One week away from decision changes.
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by MarkB - Nov. 1, 2022, 2:21 a.m.

I do believe that this mid-term election cycle, will change the outlooks in the markets. 2 markets I trade (CD and 10yr treasuriy notes), are in transition from bearish. Won't know if they will go up until after the elections. Hoping for the predictions. I need a trend.

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 1, 2022, 10:52 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Marc!

Next Tuesday will be a huge day!

By MarkB - Nov. 2, 2022, 3:41 a.m.
Like Reply

MM  Indeed!! I just hope things turn for the better now. We have the advantage of personally gaining, good or bad. And the last 2 years have been attrocious for the rest.

By 7475 - Nov. 2, 2022, 7:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Hey Mark-   Do you see that trend you're looking for possibly getting a start today? 

I got whipped sawed all over on the CD as carefull as I was trying to be.

Ugh !

John

By metmike - Nov. 3, 2022, 2:59 p.m.
Like Reply

The bottom is dropping out of the 2022 election for Democrats    

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/01/politics/democratic-seats-jeopardy-gallup-polling/?dicbo=v2-af2a4bc45cb2cbba15e670fc4282f245&hpt=ob_blogfooterold

The Point: In order for Republicans to reach the higher end – 25 House seats or more – that political handicappers are suggesting they could win, they have to be competitive in places where Donald Trump did not perform terribly well in 2020. That appears to be happening.  

By bcb - Nov. 3, 2022, 7:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Just a thought the what if red wave wins Congress and Senate. Could we see a Dow rally and grains break. The curbing of spending 1st move.???

By MarkB - Nov. 3, 2022, 10:46 p.m.
Like Reply

7475- Until the election results are in, I'm afraid the whipsaw will continue. However, midterms have never really had as much affect as the presidential elections. CD and 10yr notes are mimicing each other these days. Usuall CD giving a slight lead in the direction. My longest trade in either in the past few weeks has been about 45 minutes.

BCB- I don't know how the DOW will react, but I don't see grains changing until the Ukraine issue is resolved, or we have a better president. jmho

By metmike - Nov. 3, 2022, 11:03 p.m.
Like Reply
By MarkB - Nov. 4, 2022, 3:42 a.m.
Like Reply

MM- Some people just can't stand individual prosperity. It's got to be "equal", or it's "unfair". It's NEVER been fair. Nor equal.

By cutworm - Nov. 4, 2022, 7:13 a.m.
Like Reply

It will take time to correct all the Biden mistakes. As long as the fed keeps raising rates the $ will keep getting stronger, or at least stay high. Bad for grains. Bad for the economy. 

Doesn't make sense to kill production by raising cost of production (interest and energy) to cause a slow down. Bad for the economy. JMHO