Mike Pence interviews
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 14, 2022, 10 p.m.

Watch Former Vice President Mike Pence in an Exclusive Interview on 'World News Tonight with David Muir"

https://abc.com/news/insider/watch-abc-news-mike-pence-exclusive-interview-on-world-new-tonight-on-abc-and-the-abc-app-hulu

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 14, 2022, 10:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Muir asks Pence why Trump didn't make calls during 1/6 riot: 'Good question for him,' Pence says

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/muir-asks-pence-trump-make-calls-16-riot/story?id=93229066

Pence: ‘I think we’ll have better choices in the future’ than Trump    

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/14/politics/pence-trump-2024/index.html

By metmike - Nov. 17, 2022, 1:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Pence was on CNN tonight. Jake tapper does a wonderful job on CNN which is why he was moved to this key evening time slot several months ago.

I believe that he's one of the very few leaders that are capable of uniting some of our country that's currently extremely divided. 

He has the polar opposite personality of Trump. 

The same character traits that cause Trump to be such a divisive, integrity lacking, self centered, unstable leader, Pence seems to be loaded with.

He never makes personal attacks on people from the other party but instead, respectfully points out differences and treats everyone with civility.

What do you guys think?

By metmike - Nov. 17, 2022, 10:46 a.m.
Like Reply

6 takeaways from former Vice President Mike Pence’s CNN town hall    https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/16/politics/takeaways-mike-pence-cnn-town-hall

Pence’s slow, measured delivery of a consistent message is a characteristic that traces back to his days as a self-styled “Rush Limbaugh on decaf” conservative talk radio host in Indiana.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rush Limbaugh??? Give me a break! The author of that article is way, WAY, WAAAY off the mark with that comment. Limbaugh's objective was to be controversial and get attention.

Last night, CNN had several of their experts commenting on the town hall with Mike Pence and they all found nothing but good things to say about Pence's character but agreed that he didn't have the high energy to generate enthusiasm and would make a bad candidate for president.

I contend that the "high energy" element in recent years is exactly what gets used to unite individual parties with extremely divisive political messages, featuring attacks on the other side that usually end of being uncivil and disrespectful. That's been so widespread that we accept it as normal and expect it in our candidates.

Only a person with the character of Mike Pence will be able to stop that. Boring personality? That's true.

Trump is exactly the opposite.

+++++++++++++++

Rush Limbaugh's Most Controversial Quotes

https://people.com/politics/rush-limbaugh-most-controversial-moments/

Most recently, he falsely and repeatedly said on his show the day after the 2021 inauguration that President Joe Biden did not win the election — this after a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol and left five people dead weeks prior. Democrats, Limbaugh falsely said, "know that this is something that's been arranged rather than legitimately sought and won."

• He began airing “Barack, the Magic Negro,” a racist parody song about then-Sen. Barack Obama’s popularity with many white voters, in 2007.
  • In John K. Wilson's book, The Most Dangerous Man in America: Rush Limbaugh's Assault on Reason, the host was quoted as saying this homophobic statement: "When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it's an invitation." 
  • In his "Undeniable Truths," written as part of an article for the Sacramento Union in 1988, Limbaugh wrote, "Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society."
By metmike - Nov. 17, 2022, 11:11 a.m.
Like Reply

I don't agree with everything in Pence's agenda but if there's ever going to be an ideal messenger that's potentially capable of turning down the attack and hate volume of the media, he would be it.

However, I might be mistaken. I disagree with Pence on this particular issue but if he ran for president, I'm certain that this group would do everything possible to attack, including personal, intense hate filled attacks on him. 

Again, I agree with the ideas of this group but they most certainly would go all out to try to obliterate Mike Pence using whatever tactics available.

My wife and I both agree with this group on the ideology and this bothers her about Mike Pence. Since she's like me and sees good and bad with the agenda of both parties, there will NEVER be a candidate that matches up PERFECTLY with our ideologies. 

We both lean in one direction though based on rational policies. 

There are alot of Trump loyalists that hate Pence too because of January 6th and Trump twisting their minds. Once you feel that strongly one way about somebody, it's almost impossible to actually flip to being an actual supporter of them. 

Mike Pence is the Worst Vice President for LGBTQ People In Modern History        

https://www.hrc.org/press-releases/mike-pence-is-the-worst-vice-president-for-lgbtq-people-in-modern-history

By 12345 - Nov. 17, 2022, 2:55 p.m.
Like Reply

PERSONALLY ~ OTHER THAN HIS STANCE ON ABORTION, I'VE NEVER REALLY CARED FOR PENCE. THERE'S JUST "SOMETHING" ABOUT HIM I DO NOT LIKE!

By metmike - Nov. 17, 2022, 3:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Appreciate that Jean! 

He definitely lacks the personality and charisma of many of our presidents that were elected for that reason.

I'm viewing him thru eyes that are not swayed by those traits.

By 12345 - Nov. 17, 2022, 3:13 p.m.
Like Reply

I DIDN'T LIKE HIM WHEN HE WAS GOVERNOR OF IN.

HE SEEMS FAKE ~ CALLOUSED ~ INDIFFERENT ~ PROGRAMMED ~ "SOMETHING"!!

By joj - Nov. 19, 2022, 6:32 a.m.
Like Reply

I like the subdued tone of Pence.  That is his style.  We need more like him.

BUT...  character?

I don't think so.  

Trump asked for 100% loyalty to him, not the constitution.  Pence gave it to him.

He was a spineless coward carrying Trump's water for more than 4 years.  Why?  Because it was his only path to power.  (a slim path at that).  General Mattis and General Kelley served the administration in an attempt to be a positive influence, trying to put "guard rails" on president Trump.  But their loyalty was to their soldiers and to the US  constitution.  And when their principals were on the line, they knew what they had to do.

Pence?  Not so much.

In the end he finally parted ways with Trump's coup attempt (thank God).  Was that the right thing to do?  Yes.  But I suspect he was motivated avoid prison time.  I suppose I'd rather see him president than Trump.

Ironically, he is hated by both the right and the left.  

By metmike - Nov. 19, 2022, 12:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Considering the the left dislikes him (not a source for votes/support) and more importantly, the far right dislikes him, it appears that he has low chances of getting the nomination.

I guess his only chance to get the R nomination would be for,Trump to throw his support to him to get the far right……but wait a second, Trumps support has been hurting more than helping in general elections.