big trouble for bigal
17 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - July 30, 2018, 3:10 p.m.

more trouble for algore and Co. Seems drillers from the west Antarctic drilling project have reached levels that are dated from 18000 to 22000 years ago. These samples are showing a warming period that would scare the bejeebies out of bigal Who would of guessed, warming and cooling

Comments
By carlberky - July 31, 2018, 8:51 a.m.
Like Reply

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=yFhgW9PCO4HaswWzk4PQDw&q=last+ice+age&oq=las+ice+age&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i10l10.15774.23198..28769...0.0...228.1501.0j10j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0j0i131.Tu_puIyeqMI

" There have been many ice ages during the last 2.6 million years but when people talk about the Ice Age, they are often referring to the most recent glacial period, which peaked about 21,000 years ago and ended about 11,500 years ago. "

So what do core samples taken during the peak of an ice age show that would give Al a problem ? 

By carlberky - July 31, 2018, 9:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike, a weather related question.

If we have an ice age in the northern hemisphere , what's happening in the southern ?

By mcfarm - July 31, 2018, 11:18 a.m.
Like Reply

carl.....what? what? have you never in your sheltered life {I guess} hear bigal rail on and on about global warming, burning up, drowning NY city? If this earth only heats and heats as he says over and over just how many times mathematically can we burn up. How can tornados and hurricanes only growth more severe. And finally how crazy can a person b unless its only about the scam....{money} show me the money al

By metmike - July 31, 2018, 12:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Carl,

Wonderful question. For ice ages, the 2 hemispheres would have had to be synchonized to some extent because the factors which caused them.............whether is was the sun's output, cosmic rays or the orientation/distance of the earth with respect to the sun, all those factors would effect both the northern and southern hemispheres.

Since the southern hemisphere has more water vs land, we think that it was less effected(it takes longer to heat/cool water) by fluctuations in the climate........just like it has warmed less in the last 150 years. 

There are also ocean circulations, like the Gulf Stream in the Northern Hemisphere or the PDO/AMO's effects that play a huge role and can cause the 2 hemispheres to act independently with regards to temperatures for awhile-decades (all other things being equal) .

It's thought that melting glaciers at the end of the last ice age caused cold water to dump into the North Atlantic and temporarily stopped the warm Gulf stream, which caused temperatures in the higher latitudes to get cold again.......and the glaciers to temporarily grow for awhile.........even while it kept warming in the south and southern hemisphere.

Regardless, major ice ages effected the entire planet.

Another thing to always consider with information in this type of realm.  We are constantly bombarded with information from studies/research that tell us things about the distant past. Often, the information will contradict previous information and be presented as if the new information, finally got it right because of a new technique or newly discovered data.  This then causes it to be presented to the world as if its now high confidence stuff.....................when in reality, its just a theory or a new twist to an old theory.

Some of what we think that we know about the earth's past are theories, some very speculative. Some have a ROCK solid foundation but the timing may be off a great deal and the timing is being presented in a precise way as a fact, when its just a guess. 

By silverspiker - July 31, 2018, 1:41 p.m.
Like Reply

... thank you sincerely  for the "free" education Mike...

--- No Spolorship Needed Here !   

By JP - July 31, 2018, 5:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Dammit! I clicked on this expecting to find a titillating post about a bi-gal who misbehaved bigly, only to discover the post was about that big, boring, blowhard, dim-bulb loser algore. 

Bummer, man!

Anybody remember that kiss he laid on Tipper after one of the presidential debates with W (trying to look all macho and manly and in control and commander in chief-ish and sjhit)? No wonder she divorced him -- dopey loser. 

I still have bad dreams about that. 

By carlberky - July 31, 2018, 6:31 p.m.
Like Reply

" If this earth only heats and heats as he says over and over just how many times mathematically can we burn up. "

mc, What exactly are you saying here ? Do you honestly believe that he is not aware of climate cycles ?

By mcfarm - July 31, 2018, 10:31 p.m.
Like Reply

ohhh I think you know what I am saying...no algore knows not one wit of global cycles and number 2 he is involved in one of the biggest scams in recorded history

By carlberky - July 31, 2018, 11:11 p.m.
Like Reply

Omg, mc. I think you actually believe that !

By mcfarm - Aug. 1, 2018, 7:19 a.m.
Like Reply

just for kicks carl go back and reread how many times metmike has documented every thing I  believe

By carlberky - Aug. 1, 2018, 8:16 a.m.
Like Reply

" …  metmike has documented every thing I  believe … "

Every thing ? I won't put Mike on the spot and ask him to confirm some of your outrageous beliefs. Have a nice day.

By Lacey - Aug. 1, 2018, 9:10 a.m.
Like Reply

Earth has had single ice cap poles in the past.

By mcfarm - Aug. 1, 2018, 10:32 a.m.
Like Reply

some days libs are put on this planet to just be obtuse....dear carl, pretty sure you know what I mean't....everything I believe about global warming

By metmike - Aug. 1, 2018, 11:37 a.m.
Like Reply

"some days libs are put on this planet to just be obtuse....dear carl, pretty sure you know what I mean't....everything I believe about global warming"

mcfarm,

I am not going to take sides or be part of a discussion that has deteriorated...........especially with this post above that I copied.

However, I am going to intervene because, mcfarm,  you are taking this into a personal attack on Carl realm. 

If you want to Call Al Gore or Barrack Obama obtuse, that's fine but I won't have you calling Carl obtuse, especially since he doesn't attack you or anyone else here personally. 

Carl and everybody else here deserve respect. I am sure that your future posts here....which will  continue to be bountiful(you are at the top for prodigious posting on both forums ) and unlimited will keep that in mind.

Thanks,

metmike

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/obtuse

obtuse adjective             (STUPID)      

stupid or slow to understand:

I’m not trying to be obtuse, but I don’t get it.

Actually, Carl is the complete opposite of obtuse in my opinion and has taught me several things these past few months. I  consider him our most valuable NTR forum contributor............by a wide margin!!!!!

By metmike - Aug. 1, 2018, 11:59 a.m.
Like Reply

Carl,

I realize that you are outnumbered by the right here but we have somebody with views similar to your political views, who has been telling me this week that they will be registering soon.

You might remember sam. If you're reading this sam............the sooner you register the better. 

However, in my ideal world for the NTR forum, MOST of the discussions will be NON political and everybody will get along.

Who can argue that Babe Ruth wasn't the greatest baseball player in history for instance. And if you think otherwise, you can simply make your case with baseball stats from your best MLB players career. 

By JP - Aug. 1, 2018, 12:12 p.m.
Like Reply

It's too bad that there weren't three categories here -- an NTR for anything beside political posts, and a seperate one for political posts only. If the forum were set up that way, I would never open a single post in the political NTR category.

The more political crap I see in the NTR section here, the greater my motivation to stop visiting MF grows. IMO, all the political posts here amount to is one side talking past the other, over and over and over and over and over. I don't believe there's ever been a meeting of the across-the-aisle minds in a political thread, and don't think there ever will be.

I suppose some may want to call me a hypocrite because earlier in this thread I attempted to introduce a bit of absurd humor consisting of over the top lampooning of an ex-politician who will most likely never run for office again. Fine with me. I don't think you could cut through the political posturing here with a chainsaw, let alone humor.

By metmike - Aug. 1, 2018, 1:41 p.m.
Like Reply

I greatly appreciate that view and your numerous contributions of NPR's (Not Political Related).

The great news is that a few months ago, 24 to 25 out of 25 posts in this section would be political. Now, I am trying to keep that number well below 50%. If you look at the last 25 posts, you will see that is happening.

Guys like you and Carl are helping to make that happen and come here to share your love of things in life that you enjoy...........which makes the forum a better place every time that you do it.

I am constantly searching for interesting subjects to post in our NTR section...............but its really YOUR forum, everybody's forum.  What we put into it, is what we will get out of it.

Sharing positive information in a respectful manner with each other is I ask. 

Tell us how many times your pets defecate every day if you want. Hey, I'll bet I can find a scientific study about animals going #2 that would actually be interesting (-: