beans up 28?
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - July 31, 2018, 11:45 a.m.

reaction to european weather, possible talks to little chinamen, new bus with mexico, or overreaction to the down side?https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-31/stocks-yuan-surge-after-us-china-said-seek-restart-trade-talks

Comments
By metmike - July 31, 2018, 12:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm,

A dry forecast and heat moving in during the critical pod filling isn't hurting anything either.

It should be noted that wheat, the upside leader last wheat, is the weakest barely up at the moment and corn also not as strong as beans.

Beans gapped much higher at 8:30am at 905 and well above the previous highs for the month. That gap should stay wide open and if so, is a break away gap.........extremely bullish.

Corn opened strong too and well above the July highs but came back down to test those highs when the GFS came out less bullish but should still close higher. There is no break away gap on the corn chart from the day session open but corn had already been going up much more than the beans, it didn't cause panic buying from a mob mentality like we see with  huge gaps higher like with the beans this morning.

By silverspiker - July 31, 2018, 2:11 p.m.
Like Reply

By silverspiker - July 27, 2018, 9:56 a.m.            

The soybean market yesterday was jerk jacked and November should be around 9:16 stop  close only for buy stops on the close ....I decided to get long last night when my business comrade called up and said we have been jerk jacked...so go ahead and get long the beans and nail the landing on the close like olga korbet style

===========================================================================================

... after the jerk-jack last thursday... I thought it might do all of this last Friday... but we were patient to wait to touch 

off the 9-16 buy-stops on CLOSE only today.... will unload 2/3 of position... (novies were bought at 8-77 average 

Thursday night)

By metmike - July 31, 2018, 2:11 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

Looks like you NWS got close to an inch of rain. How much did you measure?

Got 2.3 inches of wonderful rain here in Evansville IN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0asbGJbLKc

By mcfarm - July 31, 2018, 10:27 p.m.
Like Reply

1.6...real slow steady kind that you just sit and watch

By cutworm - July 31, 2018, 11:40 p.m.
Like Reply

We received 1.2 inches here in SEIN. Currently in good shape. Corn and beans ahead of normal.

Just my backyard.