Prosecutor Admits DC Police Officers Acted as Provocateurs at US Capitol on Jan. 6
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by cutworm - March 27, 2023, 9:15 a.m.

From the Epoic Times

By Joseph M. HannemanJoseph M. Hanneman 

Joseph M. Hanneman

REPORTER

Joseph M. Hanneman is a reporter for The Epoch Times with a focus on the January 6 Capitol incursion and its aftermath, as well as general Wisconsin news. In 2022, he helped to produce "The Real Story of Jan. 6," an Epoch Times documentary about the events that day. Joe has been a journalist for nearly 40 years. He can be reached at: joseph.hanneman@epochtimes.us

View profile

March 24, 2023Updated: March 25, 2023

A federal prosecutor admitted in court papers that three D.C. Metropolitan Police Department undercover officers acted as provocateurs at the northwest steps of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021......

Nearly 30 members of the Electronic Surveillance Unit were assigned to duty on Jan. 6, some of whom were gathering evidence on crowd activity. Members wore special bands on their left wrists to identify themselves as part of the Electronic Surveillance Unit, according to the MPD’s 96-page Jan. 6 action plan.

Officer 1 repeatedly joined in chants of “Drain the swamp!” and “Our house! Our house! Our house!”

A little closer to the Capitol, the video captures a protester shouting, “Joe Biden! We wanna hear you speak, you [expletive] pedophile satanist [expletive]!”

A short time later, Officer 1 joined the crowd in a “USA!” chant, repeating the phrase five times.

At the foot of the northwest stairs, someone leaned part of a bicycle rack against the balustrade. As a protester climbed up the makeshift ladder, Officer 1 shouted, “C’mon, man, let’s go! Leave that sh*t.”

Officer 1 got help from a protester climbing onto the balustrade of the steps. Then, surveying the people moving up the staircase, he shouted, “C’mon, go, go, go!”

Officer 1 encouraged the crowd to move up the stairs with repeated shouts, “Keep going! Keep going!” and “Keep going, keep going, come on!”

Once Officer 1 jumped from the balustrade onto the stairs, he passed someone he knew, a man in a blue sweatshirt wearing a dark cap, protective goggles, and what appeared to be a Halloween mask......

Prosecutor Moran acknowledges such in a motion filed on March 24.

“The specific footage, GoPro video recorded by an MPD police officer who was stationed at the Capitol in an evidence-gathering capacity, captures the officer shouting words to the effect of, “Go! Go! Go!” Moran wrote.

“At other times in these videos, the officer and the two other plainclothes officers with him appear to join the crowd around them in various chants, including “drain the swamp,” “U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!”, and “Whose house? Our house!”

Prosecutor Admits DC Police Officers Acted as Provocateurs at US Capitol on Jan. 6 (theepochtimes.com)

Comments
By metmike - March 27, 2023, 12:14 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks very much cutworm!

Especially since this one is getting so much traction, so that we can discuss it here.

Though the reporter is a fellow Catholic and long time member of the Knights of Columbus, I'll have to expose the tricks used by him and others, like Tucker here.

Let's start by showing the numbers at the protest. 

7 hours, 700 arrests, 1 year later: The Jan. 6 Capitol attack, by the numbers

https://abc7.com/jan-6-insurrection-us-capitol-riot/11428976/

1. 10,000 protesters on Capital grounds. Do you know many cops personally? I do. Not all of them are Biden fans. Out of 10,000 people in the crowd that day, some were obviously cops that were Trump supporters. That's the real world........not a secret plot by undercover law enforcement to cause an Insurrection, then frame Trump. 

2. 2,000 entered the building. How many were riot inciting cops? 0?

3. If an undercover cop was at the protest and wanted to remain undercover(doing his job) monitoring  the protesters, should he have been shouting down the protesters? Some of them were there, assigned with the job of monitoring and  minimizing what was perceived as the biggest threat by Capital Security, VIOLENCE BETWEEN THE PROTESTORS AND COUNTER PROTESTORS. Counter protested never made a dent. Very few imagined that those protestors  would break into the Capital and almost none were prepared. Many of them were assigned with trying to minimize violence from confrontations between protestors and  counter protestors. How do we know that this didn't mean pacifying the crowd instead of riling them up like counter protesting does best.  

4. When people commit crimes, the incident usually only lasts X amount of time. The rest of their day often features them NOT breaking any laws. If their defense attorney shows a video of the criminal going to McDonalds, the park or doing other peaceful things just before or after they committed the crime they're guilty of........does that make them less guilty? This is exactly what Tucker did in plucking out specific footage of people NOT committing crimes. You can find alot of NON criminal activity in 44,000 hours. In fact, the majority of it!

Tucker Carlson says he has access to 44,000 hours of Jan. 6 video

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/tucker-carlson-says-access-44000-hours-jan-6-video-footage-rcna71642

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/93637/

5. 140 officers suffered injuries. We should note that Tucker showed 0 seconds of that footage.........the parts that showed the crimes. Think about it. To have that many injuries, there must have been 10 times as many physical confrontations. Tucker show 0 seconds of that footage. Just times when they weren't committing crimes and described the event as "peaceful"

6. 5 people died after the attacks began. 4 protestors and 1 cop.

7. The hoopla here is based on 3 officers, supposedly saying a couple of things that incited the riots..........and blown up into an extreme conspiracy about this being a key factor and the government trying to cover it up. This is absurd science fiction. 10,000 people that came from across the country and  revved up and incited by Trump and a couple of sentences from 3 people there supposedly played a role that has to be covered up by the government or the people will find out what really happened????

8. Please note Tucker doing this successfully to his viewers for 2+ years with his retarded Ray Epps crapola.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/91967/#91969

9. With regards to the Epoch Times and the Insurrection. I would consider them as bad as Tucker and the WORST sources for accurate, unbiased reporting in the universe on this topic, Trump and COVID. I actually had the Epic Times delivered to my mailbox for over a year.........so I'm not repeating something printed elsewhere. I know because I read many hundreds of their articles. Some good stuff for sure but on this topic, tied for last place in the universe with Tucker and a few others.

10. I consider you a very credible person and especially enjoy threads like this that offer me/us the most opportunity to learn something. That was my entire objective from the get to. To learn things, then share them. NOT to defend what I think that I know.

Sincere thanks again!

Epoch Times Loses Defamation Lawsuit About ‘Substantially True’ Reporting on Co-Founder’s Jan. 6th Conspiracy Theories

Colin KalmbacherOct 26th, 2022, 1:20 pm 

https://lawandcrime.com/first-amendment/epoch-times-loses-defamation-lawsuit-about-substantially-true-reporting-on-co-founders-jan-6th-conspiracy-theories/

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23197891-epoch-times-v-beacon-1cca

By cutworm - March 28, 2023, 1:15 a.m.
Like Reply

MM: Though the reporter is a fellow Catholic and long time member of the Knights of Columbus, …

CW: What does this have to do with anything?

MM: 10,000 protesters on Capital grounds. Do you know many cops personally? I do.

CW: This is a strawman argument. You assign me as not having known any police officers. You have no knowledge of this. Furthermore, it is a moot point, as it has nothing to do with the articial saying that a federal prosecutor admitted in court papers that three D.C. Metropolitan Police Department undercover officers acted as provocateurs at the northwest steps of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021...... It is a new fact that was keep from us.

MM; not a secret plot by undercover law enforcement to cause an Insurrection, then frame Trump.

Cw: I agree not a secret plot by undercover law enforcement to cause an Insurrection, then frame Trump. But I hypothesize that it was a protest that turned into an ugly riot.

mm ; 3. If an undercover cop was at the protest and wanted to remain undercover(doing his job) monitoring  the protesters, should he have been shouting down the protesters?

CW; He should have been neutral. Not encouraging them. Just as riot police are expected to remain neutral. He was supposedly there to Monitor. His actions could be considered entrapment. “Officer 1 encouraged the crowd to move up the stairs with repeated shouts, “Keep going! Keep going!” and “Keep going, keep going, come on! “ That is not “pacifying the crowd” but “instead is directly, “ riling them up “. 

I’m running out of time so I just have one more question. Did you read your article?

There must be something I missed as the way I read it Epoch times believes it was defamed not that they defamed someone or said something untrue?

"Dana Cheng and Epoch Group sued Maine People's Alliance and Dan Neumann, its reporter, in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maine. The suit asserted that the defendants' coverage of a presentation given by Cheng on a panel at a Windham, Maine forum co-sponsored by the Maine Republican Party and the Christian Civic League was defamatory and constituted false light invasion of privacy and intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress."

Epoch Times Loses Defamation Lawsuit About ‘Substantially True’ Reporting on Co-Founder’s Jan. 6th Conspiracy Theories

Colin KalmbacherOct 26th, 2022, 1:20 pm

https://lawandcrime.com/first-amendment/epoch-times-loses-defamation-lawsuit-about-substantially-true-reporting-on-co-founders-jan-6th-conspiracy-theories/

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23197891-epoch-times-v-beacon-1cca

By cutworm - March 28, 2023, 10:08 a.m.
Like Reply

Let me add  I consider you a very credible person, even if I don't always agree with you on every point. I do not want to dimmish  you personally, only the argument, and then sometimes I don't do that very well.

I have been leery of my bias and try to look at both sides not just cnn or msnbc or fox or epoch times( or the Jan 6 Committee). But I have not come to the same conclusion as you about Epoch. 

By metmike - March 28, 2023, 12:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks very much,  cutworm!

If you consider me credible and objective then hopefully you'll be able to open your mind on this assessment.

Your previous response completely ignored or didn't get any of the points except for 1, like somebody that was reading a foreign language that they don't follow.

In a way this is a good analogy and I'll  demonstrate that with more objective analysis below but taking it a step farther to be even more clear and specific. 

1. It was YOU that started the discussion with a huge picture of the reporter(which I've never seen here in 5 years as moderator when people post stories) and the list of his credentials because you want us to believe the source not the facts. This is what everybody does in todays world when they go to places that tell them what they want to believe, Tucker, Hannity, Trump, Biden, AOC, CNN, MSNBC. I responded with a mention of him being a member of the Knights of Columbus and fellow Catholic and stated that didn't matter to me. This is because I believe THE FACTS, not the person who lines up with my ideologies and you stated CW: What does this have to do with anything?  Maybe now you understand it has EVERYTHING to do with people that go to their favorite sources to get the news told to them the way they like to read/hear it and discard the critical thinking and fact checking they do for any information that doesn't line up with what they want to believe  by always giving those people a free pass. 

2. On the defaming lawsuit. The point was that sources/people that report on the bs of the Epoch Times have it exactly right.........and won in court when Epoch Times claimed otherwise. 

I limited my specific statements about them previously to my daily reading of the Epoch Times for over a year(I did it totally to get the far right angle, which was correct sometimes, but couldn't take the complete hogwash that was escalating on Trump, the election, COVID and other related topics/conspiracy theories which I preferred to no longer have delivered to my mailbox every single day).

One reason to not post other sources is knowing that you will NEVER believe them but since your position is to strongly defend their credibility here goes anyways:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

Pro-Trump conspiracy theories and disinformation 

The Epoch Times has promoted an array of pro-Donald Trump conspiracy theories[41][89] and is known as one of Trump's closest media allies and defenders.[41][36]

The paper has financially benefited from its promotion of Trump conspiracies, increasing its revenue nearly fourfold during the first three years of Trump's administration (from $3.9 million in 2016 to $15.5 million in 2019) as it catered to Trump's most ardent supporters, to whom the paper marketed itself via targeted social media advertising.[19][90]

The publication championed Trump's Spygate conspiracy theory in its news coverage and advertising, and the Epoch Media Group's Edge of Wonder videos on YouTube spread the far-right, pro-Trump QAnon conspiracy theory[30] and embraced false QAnon claims.[91]

An NBC News report found that two of Edge of Wonder's hosts have been a creative director and chief photo editor at The Epoch Times. The newspaper promoted Edge of Wonder videos in dozens of Facebook posts through 2019.[30]

During the February 2020 Iowa Democratic caucuses, The Epoch Times shared viral disinformation from the conservative group Judicial Watch that falsely alleged inflated voter rolls.[94][95] The disinformation, which went viral on Facebook, was debunked by fact checkers and the Iowa secretary of state.[95][96][97] A Harvard media expert said that The Epoch Times employed a "classic disinformation tactic" known as "trading up the chain", in which false stories are repackaged and shared.[94]

After Trump lost the 2020 presidential election, The Epoch Times consistently sought to question the election results.[35] The organization produced a 93-minute video that falsely suggested widespread fraud in the counting; one interviewee, attorney Lin Wood, falsely alleged that China had bought an American election vendor.[42] Versions of the video on YouTube, the Epoch Times website and NTD were viewed hundreds of thousands of times.[42]

The Epoch Times created a network of seven new YouTube channels to pump out election disinformation and other false claims, including falsehoods about the Nashville Christmas Day bombing.[41] Only one of the seven YouTube channels disclosed its ties to The Epoch Times or Falun Gong.[41] In the two and a half months after their creation, the disinformation channels garnered tens of millions of views and at least 1.1 million subscribers.[41]

One of the channels ("Eye Opener With Michael Lewis") portrays itself as an independent effort by the host "and a few friends".[41] After the videos' false and misleading claims were reported, YouTube removed several of the videos in accordance with the site's policy against election disinformation.[41]

The newspaper helped publicize the January 6, 2021, Trump rally in Washington, D.C., that led to the storming of the Capitol by a violent pro-Trump mob. Afterward, one of its columnists suggested that the riot was a "false flag" operation,[35] and Michael Lewis's Epoch Times-linked YouTube channel echoed the same lie, suggesting that the Capitol attack was orchestrated by "antifa" as part of an "old Communist tactic".[41]

+++++++++++++

You can also  read about their COVID DISinformation below this at that link. You will never believe a word of that, cutworm but I read many hundreds of articles from this source in my mailbox and the descriptions above are almost all true. Here are a few of recent discussions about Epoch Times here. They all line up with what I've already stated in this thread and the proven facts.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/91128/#91141

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/90855/#90886

I read the NYTs too. I was getting their daily email updates for 2 years. I was also getting the same thing from the Epoch Times. The NYTs is a 100 times better source but they very frequently display a strong liberal bias. Every once in a while, the Epoch Times would hit a great story(about as often as a broken clock is right 2 times a day(-:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/90750/#90831

Who would actually believe it?

How about people that believe all the fake news, far right conspiracy theories that Fox (Epoch Times) broadcasts as secrets that only they know about to convince viewers/readers of big fat lies.

Sure, there are numerous incidents that feature  blatant lies and cover ups from the government, people on the left, MSM, DOJ, FBI, CIA as well as the other side's doing similar things at times.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/90028/#90038

Thanks Jean,

For numerous months, I had their articles delivered to my mailbox, like I've done for dozens of sources for both sides to try them out.

I understand completely why YOU really like them. They have good stuff and they have whacko stuff but always from the right side. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/

Epoch Times is Right Biased, conservative and Questionable with low credibility and reliability.

Factual Reporting: Mixed - Not always Credible or Reliable

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/90028/#90046

I was getting the Epoch Times articles delivered to my mailbox every day for what must have been over a year. However, their many articles backing the false claims of the 2020 election fraud and anti COVID vax DISinformation just got to be too many lies in 2021 and I had to cut them loose because the garbage was greatly outweighing the good stuff and I only have so much time in the day to skim thru stuff.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/90028/#90048

By metmike - Oct. 26, 2022, 7:28 p.m.            

After going back and evaluating the record/history of Epoch Times as you requested cutworm and refreshing my memory, I have to adjust my opinion of them downward a couple of notches.

Keep in mind that I got and read their stuff, delivered to my mailbox daily with a trial subscription for numerous months. Then I started reading less because of so much DISinformation, then ignored them, then blocked them.

Again, they have some good stuff but readers read them to believe ALL THEIR STUFF, including the blatant DISinformation. 

I don't need a news organization specializing in far right DISinformation bombarding my mailbox daily with crap to try to sort thru it in order to find the golden nuggets that might be hidden in there on some days. 

That's not to say Epoch Times doesn't also have some good/honest stuff. I posted dozens of their legit stories when I was getting them in my mailbox. But they completely went delusional when Trump lost and on the COVID vaccine DISinformation.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/91016/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75018/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68888/#68914

++++++++++++++++

cutworm,

Let's just be frank here. 10,000 people came to Washington, some with weapons, most hyped up by Trumps rhetoric  for 2 months about the election being stolen and  Trumps telling them they needed to take our country back. 2,000 of them broke into the Capital building, over 100 injuries, 5 deaths.

And somehow, this ludicrous story is about 3 cops in that enormous crowd participating in some of the chants is supposed to be a key element to the Insurrection and the government is trying to cover it up because it proves their involvement.

The scary thing is that so many people can actually believe such total nonsense. 

Did the cops do that?

Sure, that's absolutely possible to  likely as I pointed out previously, when you were reading my foreign language post and not understanding most of it. But so what?

If we have a flash flood taking place with 6 inches of rain in 24 hours and somebody dumps a couple buckets of waste water in their backyard during that time, how much does it contribute to the flash flood in that county?

Maybe it caused more standing water in that isolated, very tiny location for several minutes...........but the local stream close by didn't  overflow because of it!

Cw: I agree not a secret plot by undercover law enforcement to cause an Insurrection, then frame Trump. But I hypothesize that it was a protest that turned into an ugly riot.

ending on that note, where we strongly agree on the role of the cops, not having a secret plot(as Tucker claims, with his nonsense Ray Epps rhetoric).

However, Trump clearly wanted an Insurrection and totally caused this event. With his only main objective as president after being defeated, being to overturn the election at any cost based on almost every legit piece of evidence!

People that want to believe something else are just victims of entities stealing their intelligence and using them for their political agenda/power and profiting. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77011/#86827

Thomas Sowell quote: When you want to help people, you tell them the...

By metmike - March 28, 2023, 7:16 p.m.
Like Reply

The bottom line is that this is another attempt to deflect the blame away from the ones responsible ENTIRELY for this riot.

President Trump and the rioters that broke into the building.

It's crazy in this world today, how so many people have surrendered their critical thinking to entities that offer them stories which are appealing to their belief systems.

The gatekeepers of messages are obsessed with using our powerful technologies  manipulating the way that people think in order to convert them to their ideologies and/or for profits/power.

I totally get this as part of how peoples minds work. We must work hard to NOT always instinctively defend what we think that we know and NOT look only for reasons to build on what we think that we know.  There are very few motivators in the world that inspire us to go against how our minds naturally work.

A solid republican or democrat is never going to sites that disagree with them to see what their own flawed politics  might be to learn what they might be overlooking.

The messages they DO  get at the site they choose, just reinforce their beliefs and they often evolve to feel even stronger about key issues than before. Many into far right and far left.  The extreme right/left sites then take it up several DANGEROUS but completely legal notches. 

The same people 40+ years ago, that could only choose NBC, CBS and ABC as well as their local news and newspaper never had these massive amplifiers. They maintained political beliefs thru much of their lives that might evolve/change slowly and they were constantly subjected to both sides from the limited sources available. 

Enter the picture, a trillion times more information online today that wasn't there several decades ago. OF COURSE people will gravitate to messengers and messages that they want to hear. The messengers take advantage of this to maximize the exploitation of the technology to target these exact people.

Everybody is bent out of shape about the threat that China poses with Tic Toc, while not fully appreciating the true extent of the brainwash/false propaganda affecting MOST Americans today. 

We can all see when somebody that we disagree with is brainwashed because we FACT CHECK information that we disagree with.

When it's information that we agree with, it gets a free pass and immediately gets stored in our brain as knowledge to reinforce what we think that we know.........even if it's complete rubbish.  

And each side has it's own religious like  beliefs which it shares with all the other members of that political side. Even as the other side, that might have equal intelligence sees the blatant flaws and false propaganda that is accepted as truths by the side they disagree with.

This is no longer an exception in society but it defines us. 

What is the solution?

There appears to not be a viable solution to reverse this because of how we've evolved and things continue to get worse and worse. More and more divided. The ones who have the most power to make the needed changes are actually the ones benefiting the most from the dysfunctional dynamic and maximizing the effect for their self serving reasons.

There's an impossible to resolve battle between our rights regarding freedom of speech and the damage from allowing it. 

More people believing in manufactured realities. More information and places on the internet to have it reinforced with propaganda, fake news, DISinformation, false narratives.

++++++++++++++++++

One of the biggest reasons that I agreed to be moderator here 5 years ago, spending 10,000+ hours posting stuff here, was to do my best to expose the lies from both sides and reveal the objective truths of both sides.

I turned MarketForum into an ANTI echo chamber. 

So nothing personal cutworm, I consider you a good friend and am just doing the right thing based on my personal commitment to the world in trying to make it a better, more honest place for everybody.

I greatly appreciate readers that come here to read authentic messages, that sometimes differ from what they want to believe/read. 

My favorite posts are still those that challenge/disagree with me. Those are the ones that offer the greatest opportunities for learning by one or both parties.

As a meteorologist for 41 years, accepting being wrong is part of the job. 

Practicing the scientific method(the scientist, first tries to prove that they are wrong before having confidence that they are right) is also part of my belief system. 

https://www.marketforum.com/about/

By metmike - March 28, 2023, 9:07 p.m.
Like Reply

An extraordinary person is going to have to emerge to save us.

A person that is extremely similar to Martin Luther King with their messages of love.

A person that can  somehow manage to be elected, despite it being impossible to be elected by focusing on positive messages of love in a political world that rewards only those with divisive messages that unify only their party using party line messages that alienate the other party and cause the other party to attack them, some times viciously.

If not elected, then somebody manage to captivate both parties and most people with messages of love that transcends politics. Opening the hearts and minds of people hardened by decades of being conditioned to be the opposite in today's society.

Somebody that is the polar opposite of everything that defines the most divisive person in political history, Donald Trump.

Somebody with the exact opposite mentality of Joe Biden, who is killing hundreds of thousands of people in Ukraine, trillions is damage, blowing up a pipeline, punishing the entire planet because he hates Russia/Putin and loves his own power. Leading us to WW3 refusing to negotiate for peace.   History of corruption and lies.

Somebody that actually lives the stated wonderful principles/mission statements of the United Nations without the blatant corruption and political agenda.

As you can see, the people we elected president the last 2 times were the complete opposite of what we need.

They are making things worse and worse and the political system is completely rigged so that only people like this will be elected.

Under these conditions, it seems impossible to imagine such a person.

50 years ago, we had somebody that was up to the job of leading us down that path of love and caring for our neighbors.

Greatest FORMER President in history/J. Carter            

Started by metmike - Feb. 18, 2023, 7:49 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/93232/

Unfortunately, the politics trumped his love, humanity, spirituality and ethics and history is not kind to him as our 39th president. 

He did set the highest bar for maximizing his position as a former president to make the world he touched a better place............even as the rest of the world went in the opposite direction most of the time.

How can 1 man accomplish what's needed?

MLK, we need somebody like you X 10 to turn things around.

Happy MLK Day!            

Started by metmike - Jan. 16, 2023, 3:20 p.m.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/92242/

If we get into a cyber war or nuclear war with China/Russia that takes away some of these wonderful material things, technologies, conveniences(even for just awhile). All the stuff that we take for granted and cause us to be intolerant and judge or hate others because we are so selfish with wanting more and more. Those things that drive our thoughts and cause us to elect politicians that exploit the weaknesses in us with ANTI Jimmy Carter and ANTI MLK messages...............maybe our minds will suddenly open for the right messenger!

Is a catastrophic event, shaking up this downward spiral the only way to turn it around? 

One that takes away many of the things that we have. The same things that are contributing to our current moral decay/demise in this country and lack of love for our neighbors that are not like us.  

A hit from an asteroid could do it. 

Another Carrington event:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/94129/#94143

I am NOT wanting any of that to happen. Not even a tiny version.

I'll take this wonderful life and all these problems that its created  any time compared to 150 years ago. 

We have advanced in many areas, that include treatment of minorities and helping the poor. We've massively cleaned up real pollution and the environment by 95%. (now if we can stop the corrupt fake climate crisis narratives)

Advancements in science, technology, medicine, the economy and so on.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/45623/#45698

But the advancements in technological communications have backfired and are working against our ethical standards in several realms. 

Politics, honesty, integrity, morality and critical thinking are at record lows and getting worse. 

By metmike - March 29, 2023, 10:17 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/these-are-the-top-rated-cable-news-shows-of-2022/521247/

Tucker Carlson Tonight ranked No. 2 in total viewers in 2022 (3.3 million), ahead of third-place Jesse Watters Primetime (2.86 million), the network’s newest offering. Hannity, meanwhile, dropped to No. 4 in total viewers, averaging 2.81 million in 2022. Hannity had been the the most-watched show on cable news from 2017-2020.

I watched Tucker and Hannity tonight on Fox as I often do. On Hannity, Ted Cruz was congratulated for his lunatic, delusional, hate spewing rant about the southern border that was scary coming from an elected official........and of course got applause from the audience.

The only performances that I can remember that come close to being this pathetic, divisive, hateful, childish and designed solely for self serving, attention grabbing that targeted their core voter/viewer base have all come from Donald Trump, Tucker Carlson and Hannity.

Chris Cumo on CNN used to be pretty bad when attacking Trump but this was even worse.

WATCH: Senator Cruz Eviscerates Mayorkas Over The Biden Border Crisis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lz_ugkq7zg

The biggest charlatans on tv(Fox) are also the most popular. Their viewers watch to get a manufactured world that features the  far right as omnipotent and flawless.

They've created a true cult/religion with them as high priests being rewarded with ratings and profits.  

The heads of viewers are being filled with DISinformation, false narratives and lies........all for ratings, profits/attention. Sometimes, they make good points but viewers are totally unable to tell between the good points and blatant lies because it all sounds the same.

After appreciating this and observing it getting WORSE not better...........I'm not very hopeful for our country's future.

Ted Cruz had an opportunity to make some solid points for EVERYBODY to appreciate on both sides.

Instead  he totally blew it with the presentation. Anybody that cares about how human beings communicate or thinks that we should respect people that we disagree with got so turned off by the performance that they totally rejected it and him.

What I wished most during Ted Cruz's hateful screed was for somebody to get him to shut the hell up.

Cruz knows that the person he was attacking is a soft spoken, professional man that he could do  extreme bullying on.