Exports +more 4-3-23
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 3, 2023, 4:33 p.m.

Karen Braun@kannbwx

U.S. #corn export inspections last week bounced off a bad number in the prior week but were still below average- no corn to #China. #Soybeans were average/bit below for the week (298kt to China). #Wheat was among worst ever, but there's room for that in the year's expectations.

Weekly U.S. export inspections. #Corn should in theory pick up in the next weeks/months with the bump in sales to China. #Soybeans are still finding their 2nd half MY groove, and #wheat exports are seen so low that last week's bad number isn't alarming yet.

ImageImageImage

Comments
By metmike - April 3, 2023, 4:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Karen Braun@kannbwx

USDA confirms the following U.S. export sales:150,000 tonnes of #corn for delivery to #Mexico in 2023/24

20,000 tonnes of #soyoil for delivery to unknown destinations in 2022/23

By metmike - April 3, 2023, 4:34 p.m.
Like Reply

kannbwx

Managed money, week ended March 28, disaggregated CBOT futures & options:#Soybeans net long 99.5k (sold 11.3k on week)#Corn net short 13.3k (bought 28.6k on week)#Soymeal net long 96.1k (sold 19.1k on week, capped off record 3-week meal selling streak)

ImageImageImageImage

By metmike - April 3, 2023, 4:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Karen Braun@kannbwx·

Louis Dreyfus joins Viterra and Cargill on the July 1 cessation of exporting #Russia's grain, and it is also looking into transferring ownership of its existing Russian business and assets. Between July 2022-March 2023, these 3 traders shipped ~14% of Russia's #wheat.

All so that Ukraine can be part of NATO.

By metmike - April 6, 2023, 10:24 a.m.
Like Reply

Karen Braun@kannbwx

U.S. #corn export sales last week were above average for the week and incl. 586kt to #China. But #soybeans were relatively low, near smallest of MY. #Soyoil sales were a MY high with 20kt to unknown, and China had 1 #wheat cargo switched from unknown.

By metmike - April 6, 2023, 10:26 a.m.
Like Reply

Karen Braun@kannbwx

#Argentina's soy dollar program will run from April 8 to May 24 in an attempt to spur sales of #soybeans and soy products for export, lifting the country's cash inflow.

By metmike - April 6, 2023, 10:42 a.m.
Like Reply

Karen Braun@kannbwx

Rate is 300 pesos per dollar versus current official rate of 211. New info suggests the program will run until May 31, not May 24.

By metmike - April 6, 2023, 10:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Karen Braun@kannbwx

Preliminary data shows #Brazil exported 13.27 million tonnes of #soybeans in March, a record for the month. This is lighter than ideas I'd previously seen suggesting a March total well over 14 mmt. Maybe that came down to sales vs actual shipments? Thoughts welcome