SCOTUS "PILL" DECISION, TODAY
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - April 21, 2023, 11:41 a.m.

The Supreme Court is facing a self-imposed Friday night deadline to decide whether women's access to a widely used abortion pill will stay unchanged or be restricted while a legal challenge to its Food and Drug Administration approval goes on.

It has repeatedly been found to be safe and effective, and has been used by more than 5 million women in the U.S. since the FDA approved it in 2000.

Supreme Court Set To Decide On Abortion Pill Access

SAFE & EFFECTIVE FOR THE UNBORN? I THINK NOT!  THEN, AGAIN ~ IF ONE HAS THE MINDSET OF: "HOW CAN I KILL THIS DAMN KID & GET AWAY WITH IT?" ~ "I WANT TO BE SAFE, DURING THE KILLING!" ~ I PRAY THOSE THAT CHOOSE TO DO SO, HAVE THE TIME TO REPENT, NEAR THE END OF THEIR OWN LIFE!

Comments
By metmike - April 23, 2023, 6:09 a.m.
Like Reply

Jean,

lve been prolife my entire life, so I really understand your point of view and it’s good for this to be shared here…..as well as any views by others, especially those that disagree with me Or you.

ive decided that nobody is ever going to change anybodys mind on abortion unless you can do something like convert them to the idea that there’s a God.

while,people find religion later in life and also lose religion it’s something completely rooted in faith and usually connected to their upbringing.

This has been known by everybody and is no new revelation. 

ive often told people that I’ve spent years studying all the major religions and feel qualified to say I know what the true religion is for everybody.

then, let them guess what I’m going to say.

the answer?

whatever religion they were raised to believe in or converted to! That’s always the true religion and it’s deeply personal for most people.

in recent years, I’ve learned more about how people think than I thought possible. What has amazed me most is how so many folks will believe in things based on wanting to believe in them. And that sources of info that share some of their core values become, almost like prophets in a religion.

I knew this before but have a more profound understanding of the extent and why now.

more like high priests in a cult that take on the characteristics od a religion because the tenets are tied to unshakeable faith for the followers.

most of real religion can’t be proven with authentic, classical science. The Bible is based on real history with real historical figures but there are accounts in there which are different for some religions.
And religion is something extremely personal to many  people. in some cases, it defines who they are and how they interpret the world……abortion, for instance.

however, the other non  classical religious realms, like  the fake climate crisis or war in Ukraine that are based on generating support by manipulating minds using convincing sounding, manufactured realities........ can be obliterated with provable facts.

you will never find empirical data that proves that Jesus rose from the dead or performed miracles.

people that believe that and don’t believe that will all use whatever evidence their religion tells them to believe. 

with the fake climate crisis, almost all the empirical data and authentic science prove conclusively that our planet is having a climate optimum for life.

but  most of the world treats it like a religion…..believing in things based on faith because they are NOT scientists That understand it enough on their own, so they rely on their climate prophets and high priests, telling them what to believe And they constantly reinforce it with junk science, disinformation and propaganda. The gate keepers know exactly what they’re doing and many of them truly believe the climate religion stuff they profess because they truly believe in their Bible……the regular reports from the  IPCC InterGovernmental Panel on Cllimate Change…..the worlds authority for all scientists and others to use as the written WORD.

this is a United Nations created, political charlatan organization that pretends to represent objective science that for 3 decades, has been bamboozling the world with junk science for political agenda based on climate models that are proven to be 50% too warm and impossibly catastrophic future outcomes and totally ignoring all the benefits of climate change with the enormously positives of increasing CO2 to most life.

the IPCC comes out with regular reports.

ill  post the link to the last one here later today at a thread where I debunked their junk science and,politics with real science

the biggest reason for me to be here is to help debunk lies and propaganda using authentic science and evidence that is 100% provable with empirical data and facts.

with the extreme tribal nature in our society today, I prefer that my views on religion not be given any weighting by anybody because it can only result in people using that, even if subconsciously to be more or less inclined to believe or not believe other things that I state in other realms That should be define by authentic, objective facts NOT faith in the messenger.

Here's the last IPCC (climate bible) report as promised early this morning, with the debunking on the first post: 

Science corruption            

19 responses |         

Started by metmike - March 20, 2023, 5:50 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/93926/

By metmike - April 23, 2023, 10:20 a.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - April 23, 2023, 10:30 a.m.
Like Reply

How do I get the abortion pill?

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/abortion/the-abortion-pill/how-do-i-get-the-abortion-pill

Getting the abortion pill in the mail

In some states, you can do your visit online (AKA telehealth) and get your abortion pills mailed to you.

At this time, only some Planned Parenthood health centers are able to offer telehealth for the abortion pill (where the pills are mailed to you or you pick them up at your local pharmacy). The best way to learn about the services available in your area is to call your nearest Planned Parenthood health center. Below is a list of Planned Parenthood affiliates that currently offer virtual visits for the abortion pill. In order to have the pills mailed to you, you must have an address where you can receive the pills in one of the states listed below:

What’s a self-managed abortion?

Finding and taking abortion pills to end a pregnancy without the help of a doctor or nurse is called “self-managed abortion” (which some people call an “at-home abortion”). Research shows that self-managing an abortion with abortion pills (mifepristone and/or misoprostol) can be safe and effective. This is especially true for people who:

• Usually have regular periods, are fairly sure of the first day of their last period, and are less than 10 weeks from the first day of their last period
  • Have access to good information about how to take the pills
  • Don’t have medical reasons why they shouldn’t use the pills (like inherited bleeding disorders, heart or kidney disease, still have an IUD in place, or think you have an ectopic pregnancy)
  • Could get to urgent care, if needed

As it gets harder for so many people to access abortion due to state laws, more and more people may choose self-managed abortion for lots of different reasons, like because they can’t afford to travel for care.

But, there may be legal risks to buying and using abortion pills outside of the health care system. Repro Legal Helpline has more information about this.

Plan C has more information about the difference between getting an abortion from a doctor or nurse, like the staff at your local Planned Parenthood, and a self-managed abortion, including legal considerations.

After taking abortion pills, it’s normal to have fever, chills, nausea, strong cramping and heavy bleeding for a day. If you’ve used abortion pills and have symptoms that worry you, like soaking more than 2 maxi pads an hour for more than 2 hours in a row, heavy bleeding for several days that causes dizziness, chills, and/or fever lasting more than 24 hours, go to an emergency room. Emergency doctors and nurses can care for you whether or not they know about a self-managed abortion. In fact, the symptoms after taking abortion pills are the same as a miscarriage. That information should make no difference in your treatment.

Remember that if you have any concerns about your health, including any symptoms you’re experiencing during or after an abortion, your local Planned Parenthood is available to help you, even if we didn’t provide your abortion. We can also help you get set up with birth control after an abortion.

If you can't get in touch with a Planned Parenthood health center, but still have questions about a miscarriage or abortion, the Miscarriage + Abortion Hotline is a private and secure phone and text hotline, staffed by medical professionals. They are not affiliated with Planned Parenthood, but they may be able to provide helpful information.

+++++++++++++++++++++

This is my first time looking closer at this medical procedure being done at home. I'm trying to rack my brain to find a medical counterpart that the medical community would back for the patient to do themselves at home.

Coming up completely empty. 

As defined in my first post, I'm trying to avoid the religious right or wrong here based on faith and concentrate on the scientific/medical aspect that can be proven. In this case.......is it safe at home or not safe at home.

Clearly, those that believe in abortion are almost all telling us its safe at home.

Those that are against abortion are almost all telling us its not safe at home.

Then, justifying their positions.

Samuel Alito used his dissent in the abortion pill ruling to call out 3 justices in an act of judiciary 'theater,' SCOTUS expert says

https://www.businessinsider.com/samuel-alito-abortion-pill-dissent-calls-out-3-justices-expert-2023-4

Same thing going on with the judges  decisions. The filter that everybody is using to interpret everything is whether they are for or against abortion.

For abortion? Everything goes! Open up the ease of having abortions, anyway possible

Against abortion?  Nothing goes! Stop as many abortions, anyway possible.

I'm trying to use objective medical facts to trump that without the political/religious position blinding the interpretation.

By metmike - April 23, 2023, 11:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Here is an abortion clinic that offers this drug so that patients can use it under their care:

https://anchorofhopewi.org/abortion-pill-information/?gclid=CjwKCAjwrpOiBhBVEiwA_473dOMQheWllUw-CI0aM_2u2sGQKJ3gj8FIcPgmr_LIKw0EV22CidD50BoC_KMQAvD_BwE

How does the abortion pill work?

The first step is to learn about the options and resources available to you. It's important to know the details about medical abortion (chemical abortion via pills). After that, you will go through a medical exam which includes:

• Medical history
  • Lab work
  • Physical exam

After the medical exam, you will need to sign a liability release. Your abortion provider should give you a guide that explains the medication and termination process. The 3-step abortion pill process includes the following:

What are the risks of the abortion pill?

You should tell your doctor if you have high blood pressure, heart disease, bleeding problems, uncontrolled diabetes, or an IUD in place, because a chemical abortion is not safe for women with these conditions.

Medical abortion side effects may include:

• Headache
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Fatigue
  • Cramping
  • Pain

Bleeding or spotting will last an average of 9-16 days and up to 8% of women may experience some bleeding for 30 days or more.

Up to 7% of women who take the pill will need a surgical procedure either to stop persistent bleeding or because the abortion was not complete.

You should contact your provider if you experience heavy bleeding, persistent nausea, diarrhea, or fever over 100.4. These may indicate a serious and possibly fatal blood infection.

Taking the Abortion Pill can mask symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy, when the embryo is growing outside of a women’s uterus. The best option is to make sure to get an ultrasound before having a chemical abortion.

+++++++++++++++++++==

It's crystal clear that buying this drug on the internet, then using it at home without the proper testing and supervision of medical professionals carries tremendous risks for a high % of individuals for a procedure like this.

7% is an extraordinary high risk. Not my definition but the abortion clinic's.

There is no other medical realm that would authorize anything close to this risk to be done at home without the proper assistance and advice of medical professionals.

This should be the key.  How many young ladies wanting abortions will be well educated, responsible individuals that have good medical instincts to properly follow the guidelines which trained medical professions ALWAYS apply when helping their patients get an abortion?

That's the % which should be authorized to do it at home.

Since everybody knows there is no way to tell who those women are and we should all agree that its far below 50% of the women that are medically well informed enough to do this safely at home….then its obvious that far above 50% of the women are taking a gamble and hoping to be one of the lucky 93% that don't have a serious complication.

The science/medicine is crystal clear on this. Taking the abortion pill at home without any trained medical knowledge or assistance is a REALLY dumb idea because of the high risk of a major, potentially life threatening event......based on the abortion clinics standards.

My point is not that the pill should be illegal but that its ludicrous to make it legal without close medical supervision. The side insisting on this because they are so obsessed with protecting women's rights are blatantly biased hypocrites. The right to good health and having safe medical procedure greatly trumps everything else.

Heres the thing. Pro choice has always taken the position that having abortion legal is so important because this gives them very safe, legal options.

Making abortion illegal, causes so many women to resort to illegal, UNSAFE methods to get their abortion. That's exactly what using this pill at home is...........but they completely changed their criteria/reasoning for having legal abortions.

Now, it's any method that allows for abortion, no matter the risk to the woman. Safety no longer matters It;s all about freedom to do what they want with their bodies regardless of the risks.

That's fine in some realms but the government, FDA and medical realms in the US are supposed to protect people from doing unsafe things. Taking this drug at home on your own with no medically trained supervision is extremely risky and unsafe.

Again, I keep trying to think of another medical procedure like this that's authorized to be done at home without requiring trained people assisting.

there are none Authorized by the FDA or any US medical entity.

By joj - April 24, 2023, 6:35 a.m.
Like Reply

The best definition of God that I've ever heard was from my 5-year-old niece:  

"God is the invisible friend inside of us that everyone has."

The best description by an atheist I've ever heard (paraphrasing from memory):

"There have been about 3000 different Gods believed in by many cultures.  All of them are myths.  Except yours.  That's the real one!."

I believe BOTH of those....  :)

By metmike - April 24, 2023, 6:57 a.m.
Like Reply

Well said, joj!

ive only recently come to appreciate much more the thought process as it relates to all realms in our human experience.

or should I say ALIENATES Us!

if, by definition, your principles are rooted in a religion that somebody else does not embrace, it puts You in a different tribe from the get go in todays tribulistic society.

there may be many core beliefs that intersect And many reasons for mutual respect and agreement but they have to overcome being in a different tribe

people in the same tribe don’t need to work nearly as hard to find common ground. Their tribe leaders  tell them all what to believe And it becomes a positive feedback That strengthens beliefs in principles that can become more like tenets in a cult which discards questioning or objectivity or trying to understand why other smart people from a different tribe interpret the exact same circumstances completely different than their tribe does.

By 12345 - April 24, 2023, 7:30 a.m.
Like Reply

GOOD ONE, JOJ! 

MY SISTER THAT DIED LAST YEAR, HAD TURNED AETHIEST ~ 50 YEARS AGO. SHE BELIEVED THERE WAS NO GOD, OF ANY SORT!

I NEVER STOPPED PRAYING FOR HER SOUL, DAILY.  WE LIVED 20 MILES APART & HADN'T EVEN TALKED ON THE PHONE, IN OVER 25 YEARS... MUCH LESS VISIT ONE ANOTHER.

I BELIEVE SHE MADE IT THROUGH THAT GATE, THO. HER DAUGHTERS SAID THAT THE ONLY WORDS SHE SPOKE, IN HER LAST FEW DAYS OF LIFE, WERE REPEATED OVER & OVER & OVER >> "YOUR AUNT JEAN ~ YOUR AUNT JEAN ~ YOUR AUNT JEAN!"

AS FOR YOUR NIECE & HER: "God is the invisible friend inside of us that everyone has." GOOD FOR HER!  :)  WHEN SHE GROWS UP, SHE'LL FIND THAT FRIEND IS NOT INVISIBLE. SHE'LL FIND THAT HE SHINES THROUGH, EVEN IN OUR DARKEST OF TIMES. SHE'LL JUST NEED TO LOOK... HE'LL BE THERE ~ WAITING

THANK YOU, JOJ

By metmike - April 24, 2023, 1:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Jean,

That's exactly the thing with religion. It's fiercely personal for many people. I've softened some of my views related to this recently that were tethered to being a practicing Catholic my entire life.

Part of this is related to my time here learning about people and appreciating the tribalistic tendencies tearing our nation apart right now. 

Some of my best friends and the best human beings that I know or know of are/were practicing Christians.

The 2 greatest Americans in my lifetime(my opinion)were driven by their faith, so I ain't knockin it!

Greatest FORMER President in history/J. Carter            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/93232/

MLK

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/92441/#92519

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/92242/