DEBT FIASCO & CRUDE OIL
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - May 30, 2023, 11:07 a.m.

Mixed Debt Deal Bag ~ CRUDE OIL

"Yet the larger issues weighing on the oil market seems to be recycled Chinese economic worries along with the possibility that sanctions may be lifted on Iranian oil.   A report says that South Korea and the US are discussing ways to release the $7 billion dollars of Iran's funds held in the Asian country as Seoul and Washington seek to improve economic and diplomatic ties with Tehran."

HOW MANY BILLIONS OF $$$$$$$$$$ DID B.O. SECRETLY FLY TO IRAN, IN THE DARK OF NIGHT?

Comments
By 12345 - May 30, 2023, 6:46 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - May 30, 2023, 7:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Jean!

I agree strongly that the debt is already taking a major toll on our country and will sink out ship eventually.

Far-right members threaten a 'reckoning' over McCarthy's debt limit deal

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/30/1178878967/mccarthy-house-conservatives-debt-ceiling-deal-vote

++++++++++++++

Just one huge problem with their position. This is a democracy and in a democracy when you don't have the majority of votes to pass YOUR critical legislation,  exactly the way YOU want......you MUST negotiate with the other side and produce something which can generate enough TOTAL votes to get things passed.

Holding the country hostage to get their way is immature, selfish and does great damage while accomplishing nothing.....creating more hatred and anger by playing resentment politics to excite their extreme base and keep cheering for these tactics by their base.

This would NOT be my choice for the bill but I don't get to choose. I get to acknowledge the realities of productive politics and celebrate a small victory with this agreement by a totally dysfunctional political system with extreme sides that don't want harmony, they only want what they want at any cost.

You can thank our extreme political leaders for saying extreme things, often nonsense for self serving motives.

Delusional Trump said the republicans should default on the debt. Seriously, that was his advice instead of negotiating a deal. 

Earth to the Trump cult. A default would make only the far right and Trumpers happy. It would not win any support and in fact would cause the opposite. And the blame would be placed squarely on the far right which would be a public relations disaster.

Everything bad that happened from a default will be the fault of the far right, including even less political harmony than what we have now.

Trump tells Republicans 'to do a default' — risking the US economy — if the GOP doesn't get 'massive' spending cuts

https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/trump-tells-republicans-to-do-a-default-risking-the-us-economy-if-the-gop-doesnt-get-massive-spending-cuts/articleshow/100146190.cms

I seriously doubt the far right is even capable of understanding this because they will believe only  in the politically destructive false narratives and rhetoric being sold to them by their really bad leadership.

By 12345 - May 30, 2023, 9:18 p.m.
Like Reply

WELLLLLLLL, MIKE ~ BIDEN REFUSED TO EVEN TALK TO MCCARTHY, UNTIL HE NEEDED TO. I'VE SAID FROM THE VERY BEGINNING, WHEN THE HOUSE HAD PASSED IT, TENTATIVELY, TO: "STAND PAT! LET BIDEN BE THE CAUSE OF A "DEFAULT!" (IN REALITY, THERE WOULDN'T EVEN BE A DEFAULT. THERE'S PLENTY OF $$$$$$$$$$$ COMING IN, THAT COULD'VE / WOULD'VE COVERED THE INTEREST.) "ODDLY", YELLEN CHANGED HER DEADLINE DATE!  SHE EVEN BORROWED $$$ FROM SOC. SEC., NOT TOO LONG AGO. "INFLATION IS TRANSITORY!" THEY'RE ALL  PACK OF SPINELESS BEINGS, IMO.

I REALLY DON'T PAY MUCH ATTENTION TO TRUMP, LATELY ~ I DIDN'T KNOW HE'D STATED HIS OPINION. GOOD FOR HIM!  LOL

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS ~ I HOPE IT DOESN'T PASS! YES, I'VE READ IT ALL. (I'M SURE IT'LL GET CHANGED, BEFORE IT GETS OK'D BY THE "LITTLE BIG GUY")  LOL

By 12345 - May 30, 2023, 11:48 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - May 31, 2023, 1:59 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, Jean!

By 12345 - May 31, 2023, 3:31 p.m.
Like Reply
By 12345 - May 31, 2023, 3:50 p.m.
Like Reply