OJ is dead
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 12, 2024, 9:14 a.m.

So what?

I love football and greatly appreciate gifted athletes in all sports that work hard and apply  their God given talents competing and excelling to accomplish great things in the athletic world.

But we shouldn't worship them or enable them/cut them breaks when they abuse the privileges given to them because they are gifted athletes.

I was a tv celebrity for 11 years and understand how this can inflate your ego and give you A FALSE SENSE OF IMPORTANCE, even when you are not doing the thing that made you important in peoples minds. Of course OJ was in a different league of importance compared to the most popular television meteorologist in a middle sized market. 

Regardless, not only did he waste his opportunities to share many good things that could have had a big positive impact on the world, considering who he was.......he exploited them to HURT THE WORLD and people around him.

I don't despise OJ. In fact I  completely understand how a person gets caught up, like many celebrities and important people. Believing that, because they are so talented that THE WORLD OWES THEM, not the other way around.

Humility is often very hard to come by when you are the best at something.  When millions of people are doing everything possible to give you feedback which makes it almost impossible to be humble. 

In the end, he wrecked his own legacy and did actually pay the prices for his sins. Much worse than a conviction for killing 2 people in some ways.

What is worse for somebody like this, that loved to be worshiped now that they're dead?

A conviction for killing 2 people?

Having millions of people going from idolizing you to despising you for killing 2 innocent people.........forever?

I guess he got more freedom outside of prison but had to live with knowing that most clear thinking people knew that he did the crime. People without a conscience would not feel guilt over this but instead, would suffer most because the world that they feel owes them..............has turned its back on them!  Ouch!! That was his punishment!!!

To Whom Much is Given, Much is Expected

https://law.pepperdine.edu/surf-report/posts/to-whom-much-is-given-much-is-expected.htm                        

June 2018 | By Dana Johnston

Luke 12:48 states, "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." I came into this summer experience ready to help enact change in the Uganda Judicial system.      I wanted to use what God has given me to help and change this community for the better.  But in all reality, I think I have been the one changed the most.

This country and its people are so welcoming and gracious. The people here have so  little and yet they are happy and willing to drop everything to help each other, even strangers. I was raised with the mindset, because I have been given many talents and   opportunities by God, I need to turn those around and help others with what I have,                  but that verse has another meaning for me now as well. It does not matter how much  or how little you have, as long as you use what God has given you to help those around  you. Even if all you have is a smile to give someone that is sad, or a welcoming embrace  to show them they are loved, God has given us all things to use to help others. All that matters is that we use what has been given to us.

I had to opportunity to visit a children's home in the slums on the outskirts of Kampala this past weekend. This home was started by a man because he loves children, he believes they need to be taken care of, and he believes they need an education. This started when a family of five was torn apart by domestic violence leaving the three children                  as orphans to be taken care of by their aunt. The aunt and this man, a friend of the  aunt, decided to not only help these three children but to also help all the children around the area that need food, shelter, or education. The home is now taking care of seventy-four kids, and it all grew out of the desire of this man and woman to care  for the most vulnerable in their community.

I watched as they showed us around the facility, and you can just see the love in  the caretaker's eyes as they interact with the kids. You can also see that even though  they are scrapping by and doing everything they can with what little they have, they  love every minute of it. The children were so joyous and happy, and yet, they have  seen more hardship in their lives than most people do in a lifetime. These people  and children were willing to welcome us in to their lives and show us unconditional  love and joy even when they are who we are supposed to be helping.

And this is just one instance of the love and generosity of this country. I have met so many people, from little children to prisoners accused of murder to the Chief Justice, and every person I have come in contact with has been welcoming and gracious and somehow  shown me how God loves and how we are supposed to love others. It is amazing how even just loving people can help make a difference in the lives around you. I by no means                  have anywhere near enough answers to help this country, but I have realized even if  I have no answers I can still help make a change by just interacting, engaging, and  loving those around me.

Attorneys and students alike can participate in our Uganda Prison Project. Learn more                     about our work in Uganda and other countries through the Sudreau Global Justice Institute.

Comments
Re: OJ is dead
0 likes
By metmike - April 12, 2024, 9:39 a.m.
Like Reply

When it comes to picking my hero's, I'll use much more than performance in athletics.

Happy MLK Day 2024!                                                            

Started by metmike - Jan. 15, 2024, 9:39 a.m.  

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/101724/

Greatest FORMER President in history/J. Carter            

20 responses |                

Started by metmike - Feb. 18, 2023, 7:49 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/93232/

JimmyCarter Was a Better President than You Think

The surprising legacy of America's least popular president

https://fee.org/articles/jimmy-carter-was-a-better-president-than-you-think/?amp;utm_campaign=a564d33bfd-FEE_Daily_9_4_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_77ef1bd48e-a564d33bfd-14042589&gclid=CjwKCAiAmsurBhBvEiwA6e-WPNDvRmII0injA4KZGAH4BJ3OmsNOa0y4wnMLGogcI-2xD6RsQBN6DRoCLqsQAvD_BwE

How JimmyCarter integrated his evangelical Christian faith into his political work, despite mockery and misunderstanding           

https://theconversation.com/how-jimmy-carter-integrated-his-evangelical-christian-faith-into-his-political-work-despite-mockery-and-misunderstanding-200412

++++++++++++++++

Early Father's Day            

Started by metmike - March 26, 2024, 12:13 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/102812/

By 12345 - April 12, 2024, 11:14 a.m.
Like Reply

ALL I KNOW IS:  HE'S LUCKY I WASN'T HIS FINAL JUDGE.  I'LL ALWAYS WONDER IF HE'S RESTING IN PEACE, ORRRRRRRRRRRRR............ BURNING IN HELL.

By mcfarm - April 12, 2024, 5:32 p.m.
Like Reply

well somebody ain't telling the truth about America or OJ. Michael Diason, one of the most revered, racist and crazy libs in this country actually made a statement like this today, and I paraphrase.  OJ simpson was a hall fame running back, great actor and father of 2 whose life was ruined by a murder trial.

I guess we are not supposed to remember the blood and guts of Nicole and Ron all over the sidewalk as they lay there dead. Or the guy that committed those terrible murders. Isn't the way libs think just precious?