Mass shootings
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - July 4, 2023, 8:27 p.m.

TODAY, BIDEN SAID WE GOTTA GET RID OG ASSAULT RIFLES

WELLLL ~ 3% OF THE MASS SHOOTINGS ARE CARRIED OUT WITH "ASSAULT RIFLES"

Comments
By metmike - July 5, 2023, 4:55 a.m.
Like Reply

Jean,

Are you saying that Biden is wrong to have this position and assault weapons are ok because they only kill X amount of people?

in that low % number using assault weapons, take the number of dead people and compare is to mass shootings not using assault weapons.k

The numbers are several times higher because the kill rate of assault weapons is so much more effective.

AR-15s are responsible for over half of the nations deadliest shootings.

what would be 1 good reason for a person to own an assault weapon Like this?

because it’s their 2nd amendment right?

people that think that way have really twisted the Constitution like a pretzel.

It gives  us the right to bear arms to PROTECT every individual.

people having AR-15s TAKE AWAY the ability and right of everybody else to protect themselves and for the police to protect us because the AR-15 will over power people trying to defend against it with a lesser fire arm.

its not a good thing when people have more fire power than cops. its Much tougher for them to be effective in stopping crimes in those cases.

police in this country are extremely in support for private citizens to legally have the right to carry a firearm……except for weapons like AR-15s.

cops, more than anyone understand the dynamics because that’s their job. They may witness hundreds of gun incidents personally in their careers.

if arming citizens was a bad thing, they would be vehemently against it, not for it.

Both parties should be able to agree on banning assault weapons and very strict background checks To help prevent the wrong people from getting easy access to guns.

sure, any criminal can get an illegal gun by going to the black market and jumping thru a few hoops  But why make it easier for  the wrong people to do it legally!

that’s not a protection from the constitution, it’s taking protection away from all of us law abiding citizens Who become more vulnerable because of assault weapons and bad ombré s with guns.

By metmike - July 5, 2023, 5:56 a.m.
Like Reply

I own 3 guns.
1 that I got when a male stalker broke into my apartment, then later burned it down-22 pistol. 

1 that I got to shoot a rabbit that was destroying the vegetables in my garden……I later put up a wire fence after shooting the rabbit and feeling really bad so the rabbits didn’t need to perish because I tempted them with yummy food. 22 rifle.

1 that my kids got me for Father’s Day-45 pistol.

the last  time they were fired was when my wife had an extremely dangerous ex employee with an extensive record of felonies stalking her around 7 years ago.

she hates guns with a passion but I made her practice with the 22 several times in our backyard and carry it with her for almost a year until the guy left town.
he actually found another woman to stalk and even moved in with her.

long story there but I had made preparations to take the guy out myself before he hurt my wife…..if it escalated. He had 2 prior convictions for stalking and kidnapping. How many people do you know who were convicted of kidnapping……and are walking around free??

life is filled with choices and sometimes they are extremely tough. We were lucky she didn’t become a victim.

Now, she just has mace with her.

I got a life time gun permit to carry 15 years ago but they just make it legal for everybody except felons to carry a gun in indiana with no permit.

wow!

By 12345 - July 5, 2023, 7:01 a.m.
Like Reply

"Jean,

Are you saying that Biden is wrong to have this position and assault weapons are ok because they only kill X amount of people?"

I'M SAYING "BIDEN IS WRONG". WHAT I'M NOT SAYING IS: "A CERTAIN TYPE OF GUN  IS MORE OR LESS DANGEROUS / DEADLY THAN THE OTHER.  WHEN THEY'RE IN THE WRONG HANDS... THEY'RE ALL DEADLY. 

HOW MANY "ASSAULT RIFLES" WERE USED OVER THIS PAST WEEKEND?

FOR YEARS, I'VE THOUGHT OF GETTING ONE, FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF FINDING OUT HOW I WOULD FEEL, FIRING IT.  I'VE ALWAYS SURMISED THEY GIVE THE SHOOTER AN ADRENALINE RUSH ~ MAKING THEM FEEL ALL "POWERFUL".  IF I'M CORRECT IN THAT ASSUMPTION ~ THAT'S NOT SOMETHING I NEED.  I DON'T FEEL INFERIOR IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.  SOOOOOOO ~ IN SHORT, IT'S MY BELIEF THEY ARE FOR THOSE THAT NEED TO FEEL "IMPORTANT" ~ "IN CONTROL" ~ "ALL POWERFUL".

I'M ALSO SAYING: "ALLOW THE GOVT. TO TAKE ONE STYLE OF GUN FROM US ~ THE DAY WILL COME WHEN THEY TAKE THEM ALL.".

UGH! HOW COULD YOU SHOOT THAT INNOCENT RABBIT?! POOR LITTLE THING. THANKS, FOR GETTING FENCING, THO'. 

I SOLD MY OLD SNS PISTOL ~ HIGH POWERED AIR RIFLE & MUZZLE LOADER. STILL HAVE A .22 RIFLE & 12 GA. SHOTGUN ~ AM LOOKIN' TO GET ANOTHER PISTOL.  I MAY SELL MY SHOTGUN, THO'.  BEING ONE-ARMED ~ YA GOTTA LEARN TO CHOOSE YOUR FIREARMS, WISELY.   

By metmike - July 5, 2023, 7:24 a.m.
Like Reply

Fatally Flawed reasoning, Jean.

taking the Ar-15s away leading to taking the rest of our guns away…..

is as much correlated with lowering the speed limit is to leading to taking our cars away!!

It’s adjusting a law to protect people using solid fact based reasoning and evidence.

we can’t even stop the AR15s right now for Pete’s sake.

however, some people are all or nothing in their never changing views that they will always justify and defend, no matter how flawed.