I AM REALLY GETTIN' FED UP WITH THE WORLD!!!!!!!
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - July 17, 2023, 9:09 p.m.
Comments
By metmike - July 18, 2023, 9:25 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much, Jean,

This source of yours just destroyed their credibility with me forever. This would never be a situation managed with lockdowns as they suggest are coming. They are full off doo doo. 

This disease is caused by TICK BITES!

It's NOT CONTAGIOUS like COVID or the flu.  The only way to catch it from another infected human is with exposure to their blood/body fluids.

Factsheet about Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/crimean-congo-haemorrhagic-fever/facts/factsheet

Transmission

CCHFV circulates in nature between ixodid ticks and vertebrate hosts. It is transmitted to humans by bites from infected ticks or by direct contact with blood or tissues of infected ticks, viraemic patients or viraemic livestock. There have been a few reports of infection after drinking unpasteurised milk or after consumption of raw meat from freshly slaughtered livestock. CCHFV is usually inactivated in meat due to post-slaughter acidification.

Hyalomma ticks (mainly H. marginatum, H. anatolicum, H. rufipes and H. asiaticum) are competent CCHFV vectors and reservoirs. The principal tick vector in Europe is H. marginatum. Detailed information on H. marginatum is available [18]. In Spain, CCHFV was detected in H. lusitanicum ticks before the identification of the first human case, and it seems that this tick species plays an important role in virus circulation in the country [19,20]. Maps showing the geographical distribution of H. marginatum and H. lusitanicum in the EU/EEA and neighbouring countries are available [21].

CCHFV is transmitted among ticks transstadially, transovarially and venereally, while transmission by co-feeding may also occur. After infection, ticks remain infective for their whole life.

Hospital-acquired infections can occur due to direct contact with blood or tissues of viraemic patients or improperly sterilised medical devices. CCHF cases in pregnant women are rare, but the risk for maternal and foetal mortality is high, and nosocomial transmission in this group has been reported [22]. The epidemiological and behavioural factors contributing to acquisition of CCHFV infection differ among countries [23].

Epidemiology

CCHF is the most widespread viral tick-transmitted haemorrhagic fever [6]. It is estimated that three billion people are at risk of infection globally, and 10 000 to 15 000 infections — 500 of them fatal — occur every year. Cases have been reported in over 30 countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, in regions where Hyalomma spp. ticks are established. CCHF nosocomial infections with considerable mortality rates have been observed in various countries [8]. Cases imported from endemic countries have been reported; therefore, awareness should be raised among health practitioners that a patient’s travel history needs to be recorded in detail.

Wild and domestic animals serve as hosts of CCHFV, as they support tick populations by providing blood meals and they can transmit the virus to both ticks and humans when they are viraemic. They may also transport ticks across long distances. CCHFV-specific antibodies have been detected in a variety of wild and domestic animals (e.g. livestock, horses, dogs, chickens, camels, ostriches, swine, hares, deer, buffalo and rhinoceroses), while in birds, antibodies have only been detected in guinea fowl and ostriches. Seroprevalence studies in humans, wild animals and domestic animals, as well as screening of ticks for CCHFV infection, provide useful information about the circulation of the virus in a region and identify potential disease foci [9-12].

++++++++++++++

Most people would protect themselves from this by treating their pets with tick and flea preventative meds and either staying out of the woods or protecting themselves with protective clothing/chemicals when going into the woods.

If a person works with animals in agriculture, they would protect themselves as if going into the woods where ticks are. This disease is nothing new.

Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever

https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/crimean-congo/pdf/factsheet.pdf

Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/crimean-congo-haemorrhagic-fever

+++++++

This disease has been around for a long time. The biggest reason its getting extra press/attention right now is that they want to blame the spread on Climate Change.

Crimean–Congo hemorrhagic fever

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean%E2%80%93Congo_hemorrhagic_fever

CCHF cases are observed in a wide geographic range including Africa, Russia, the Balkans, the Middle East, and Asia.[1] Typically small outbreaks are seen in areas where the virus is endemic.[1] In 2013 Iran, Russia, Turkey, and Uzbekistan documented more than 50 cases.[2] The fatality rate is typically between 10 and 40%, though fatalities as high as 80% have been observed in some outbreaks.[1] The virus was first observed in Crimea in the 1940s and was later identified as the same agent of what had been called Congo Hemorrhagic Fever.[4]

In the past 20 years, CCHF outbreaks have reported in Eastern Europe, particularly in the former Soviet Union, throughout the Mediterranean, in northwestern China, central Asia, southern Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and the Indian subcontinent. CCHF is on WHO’s priority list for Research and Development and the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIH/NIAID) priority A list, as a disease posing the highest level of risk to national security and public health.

By metmike - July 18, 2023, 9:56 a.m.
Like Reply

Worldwide epidemiology of Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Virus in humans, ticks and other animal species, a systematic review and meta-analysis

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8096040/

metmike: Below are the areas of the world impacted. It will be a long time before it becomes prevalent in the US but it will get here eventually from infected ticks that come with animals or infected animals that get bitten by ticks, that then bite another host. 

By 12345 - July 18, 2023, 10:34 a.m.
Like Reply

MIKE ~ " The only way to catch it from another infected human is with exposure to their blood/body fluids."

WHEW ~ WHAT A RELIEF!  THANKS, MIKE!  NO ONE EVER GETS EXPOSED TO SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD OR BODY FLUIDS.

By metmike - July 18, 2023, 10:48 a.m.
Like Reply

Fears of new LOCKDOWNS across Europe as new virus emerges

Jean, Do you seriously think they will be having lockdowns for a disease that's been around for decades and is spread by ticks?

This disease doesn't get spread in public.

The human to human transmission, which is minuscule  comes from an exchange of blood or semen with an infected person and that is extraordinarily rare. 

By 12345 - July 18, 2023, 11:07 a.m.
Like Reply

MIKE ~ DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK I DN'T KNOW WHAT THE WORD: MINISCULE, MEANS?  miniscule(very tiny)  

BTW ~ `THERE ARE MORE THAN 2 BODY FLUIDS.

By metmike - July 18, 2023, 11:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Jean,

im aware that you know what that word means but I often use several adjectives in describing stuff and couldn’t think of the right spellingg for that one.

seems like you are more interested in having some sort of debate on whatever you can try to nit pick that doesn’t even apply…..instead of getting a crystal clear point….so I’m withdrawing.

By 12345 - July 18, 2023, 3:09 p.m.
Like Reply

NO, MIKE... YOU ARE WRONG.  I WAS NOT, NOR AM NOT LOOKING FOR A DEBATE.

WE MUST NOT HAVE LISTENED THE SAME WAY, TO WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT. IT IS VERY CLEAR TO ME THAT THEY TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THE REPORT.

YOU ARE SO QUICK TO TRY TO FIND FAULT IN SO MANY PEOPLE... IMO. MOST DAYS, I CAN "SLUFF IT OFF"... TODAY ISN'T ONE OF THOSE DAYS.

I WILL CONTINUE TO FIND REDACTED VERY CREDIBLE.

By metmike - July 18, 2023, 3:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Like I stated earlier, Jean.

When you are like this........and the conversation turns toxic ........I'm going on to something more productive.

You're very welcome to join me!