Ben Shapiro video: we’re being lied to about Israel/Palestine
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - Oct. 18, 2023, 7:53 p.m.

Mike, joj, Jean and others,

I’d love to hear any opinions y’all might have on the well presented 9 minute video linked below. I’ve never been a Ben Shapiro fan, I’m not a conservative, and I’m not a Republican. But I was told I should have an open mind and watch it.

Disclaimer, which I only found out at the end: he is using this to raise money for The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. So, he’s trying to make Israel look as favorable as possible as regards the Palestinians. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that he is being deceptive. So, I hope you will have an open mind and judge this for yourself.

This explains from the standpoint of Shapiro, a conservative Jew, the deception of four myths spread mainly by the left about the history between Israel and the Palestinians:

1. Israel is historically Muslim territory

2. Land partitioning failure is Israel’s fault

3. Israel expelled all Palestinian Arabs from British Mandate Palestine

4. Israel is an apartheid state

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=GyhCjlrZEEVY9vYr&v=pefEIwoTEnE&feature=youtu.be

Comments
By 12345 - Oct. 18, 2023, 8:42 p.m.
Like Reply

LARRY ~ I'M ABOUT AS FAR AWAY AS I CAN GET, TO BEING A SHAPIRO FAN. LOL

WHY?  HE ALWAYS LOOKS ANGRY ~ HE'S BELIEVES HE KNOWS IT ALL (WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE) ~ HE'S "SHARP TONGUED", IMO ~ AND...HE TALKS TOO FAST! WHENEVER I DO LISTEN TO HIM, I NEED TO SLOW THE SPEED DOWN TO 75%.

I'LL GO BACK & RE-WATCH THIS 25 MINUTES OF How Zionists Came to Palestine Under British Protection   & COMPARE THE "FACTS" .  LOL

BUT... IN THE MEANTIME >>> 

EZEKIEL 5-7 ~ "5 Thus saith the Lord God; This is Jerusalem: I have set it in the midst of the nations and countries that are round about her.

6 And she hath changed my judgments into wickedness more than the nations, and my statutes more than the countries that are round about her: for they have refused my judgments and my statutes, they have not walked in them.

7 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because ye multiplied more than the nations that are round about you, and have not walked in my statutes, neither have kept my judgments, neither have done according to the judgments of the nations that are round about you;

THANKS, LARRY!  I SHALL RETURN.   

By metmike - Oct. 19, 2023, 8:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for the video, Larry.

He's an excellent communicator with some solid (but 1 sided) points. People that support Israel will use it to confirm what they believe. People on the other side will never believe it.

After spending dozens of hours learning everything that I can about the history, there's several things that I'm pretty sure of.

This is not going to be resolved. There is almost no chance of that because each side has such a diametrically opposed view of the history and current situation and BOTH sides hate each other guts.

The Arab groups/people are pretty clear about their hatred with actions, like the Hamas atrocity and verbally too. 

The Jews are just smarter about their hatred because they don't verbalize it. However, what we are seeing right now by Israel are crystal clear actions driven by hatred for Arabs.

Israel has apparently killed 3 times as many people in Gaza than were killed in Israel and many of them were women and children. Here in the US, we hear about/see images of  the brutal, in person murders of women and babies that were Jews. Only a cold blooded, hate filled killer could kill other human beings this way. It makes our blood boil and cry out in compassion and understand why Hamas must pay a price for this. 

Since then, Israel has killed 3 times as many people, most of them NOT Hamas but we're supposed to believe that these are not cold blooded murders, instead they are justified because Israel is rightfully defending itself.

They went well beyond defending and DEAD = DEAD. Whether its from a bullet to the head from a person that hates you or from a bomb from the sky from people that hate you.

Revenge is a form of hatred!  The excessive strikes, deaths and injuries caused by Israel in the last 12 days are clearly from revenge/hatred.

Gaza health ministry: 3,785 Palestinians killed in Israeli strikes since Oct.7

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/gaza-health-ministry-3785-palestinians-killed-israeli-strikes-since-oct7-2023-10-19/

The world can have an absurd debate over whether 1 missile came from Israel or not as if the hundreds of others didn't matter. As if they got unfairly framed for that 1 missile and they are being unfairly victimized.

The victims over the last 12 days are NOT the Jews. The victims are all causalities being cause BY the state of Israel.

This guy's video paints a picture of the Jews being the victims every time. I can buy most of that because of my personal bias. We should all understand that clearly from the history of the Holocaust. 6+ million Jews killed in Germany in WW-2. I greatly admire the Jews with their tenacity/perseverance, brilliance and accomplishments.  

But I'm NOT a captured brain that's unable to make observations of the real world and use critical thinking to find authentic answers on a case by case basis...... instead of people like this telling me what I should think and believe based on what side I align with.

I align with the Israel in my heart but they have lost the moral high ground over the past week because of their own actions.Negative consequences down the road will happen because of this and they can't claim to be victims that played no role in the events that led to it.

All the innocent lives that Israel is taking right now and excusing as defending themselves because they are the victims doesn't fly anymore for me. 

With certainty, if Israel continues to punish innocent women and children without just cause, the wrath of the Arab world will turn on them WITH GREATER GUSTO and it will be their own fault. They will blame it on being attacked but that will be deceptive. They have had almost complete control of the situation for 12 days and look what they did.

When I teach kids chess, I tell them that the most important move of the game is "what your opponent did last" "it will tell you the most about them. "Use it to make the best move possible to defend your position, while implementing your attack to win"

But there's a huge difference here.

Chess is a battlefield where one side's total objective is to conquer the other side. Very few matches result in both sides, in the middle of the battle/war negotiating for an end to the chess match before losing most of their pieces.

They can play each match to the end where 1 person wins and the other loses because all the plastic pieces come back to life again for next fun and challenging game.

When real  human beings die in wars like this, they are dead forever.

Many of the best chess players in the world are Jewish. Their brains are gifted with analytical abilities and genius that makes them the best at winning wars. On the chess board and on the human battlefield. 

The leaders of Israel have made it crystal clear from the get go that they will win this war against Hamas......no matter what it takes.

There is no question that they will win THIS particular war against just Hamas in Gaza. They have 10 times the needed military superiority to do it.

However, in doing so, they are absolutely escalating the already volatile dynamics which will burn them badly in the long and and could potentially lead to Iran and others vowing to take them out with a vengeance. Iran WILL have nuclear weapons in short order without a doubt. If they were on the fence about whether to use them on Israel before, actions the past 12 days have tugged them over to the wrong side.