John Roberts Is in Tight Spot Over Samuel Alito
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - June 1, 2024, 9:22 p.m.

US. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts is under increasing pressure to remove Justice Samuel Alito from Donald Trump's presidential immunity case.

https://www.newsweek.com/john-roberts-tight-spot-over-samuel-alito-1906834

++++++++++++

I understand the point.

However, I don't think that he should recuse himself because his wife flew an upside down flag at their house for several days (stop the steal sign).

Are we going to track the activity of the family of  Supreme Court justices and when they do something political.........that justice needs to recuse themselves?

The reality is that many of these justices, no matter how fair they are in most cases, are in fact liberal or conservative. Who doesn't know and accept that?

Thats why a conservative president appoints WELL KNOWN conservative judges and liberal presidents appoint WELL KNOWN liberal ones. We know this because they have a track record with 1,000s of rulings and statements before they are appointed. 

That's unfortunate but its the reality. 

If Roberts removes Alito for this, it sets a bad precedent. Both parties will then get the green light to track family members of Supreme Court justices that are the opposite of their political affiliation(Rs track liberal judge families, Ds track conservative judge families).

That would only increase the rewards for political pettiness. 

Comments
By 12345 - June 2, 2024, 6:34 a.m.
Like Reply

ALITOS' WIFE DID IT 'CAUSE SHE'D GOTTEN INTO A "BATTLE" WITH THEIR NEIGHBOR OVER TRUMP & PUT NASTY SIGNS IN HER YARD.  LOL

EVEN IF HE'D HUNG THAT FLAG, THAT STILL WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A REASON TO RECUSE HIM... IMO. AN EXCUSE, MAYBE.

I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT THE ONLY WAY TO STOP INFIGHTING BETWEEN THE PARTIES, IS FOR THE Rs TO START TREATING LIKE THEY'RE TREATED. I'VE BEEN SAYIN' THAT, FOR YEARS!!!!  DON'T BECOME A PUNCHING BAG!!!

By metmike - June 4, 2024, 8:47 a.m.
Like Reply

Rep. Jordan: Even the Democrats Don't Believe Their Ridiculous Alito Story. It's a Naked Power Grab

https://www.newsweek.com/rep-jordan-even-democrats-dont-believe-their-ridiculous-alito-story-its-naked-power-grab-1907528

By 12345 - June 4, 2024, 5:26 p.m.
Like Reply

I'M TELLIN' YA... IF THE Ds WIN CONTROL... THEY WILL PACK THE COURT!

THERE'LL BE A WHOLE LOT OF "DISTRESSED FLAGS" FLYIN'.