GUARANTEED INCOME ~ TR OR NTR?
12 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - June 12, 2024, 10:11 p.m.

$500 Monthly Stimulus Checks In 2024  ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH!   10 MINUTES

HELL'S - A - FIRE!!!  IMO... EVERYONE ON MEDICAID, FOOD STAMPS, ETC. SHOULD HAVE TO SUBMIT TO RANDOM DRUG TESTING.  I'VE BEEN SAYIN' THAT FOR YEARS!!

I'VE NEVER EVEN DRAWN UNEMPLOYMENT!! IF YA WANNA WORK... YOU'LL FIND A JOB!

Comments
By metmike - June 13, 2024, 10:56 a.m.
Like Reply

Great find, Jean!

Rep. Schiff Introduces “Guaranteed Additional Income for Families in Need” (GAIN) Act to Provide Cash Payments to Low Income Families and Improve Health Outcomes

https://schiff.house.gov/news/press-releases/rep-schiff-introduces-guaranteed-additional-income-for-families-in-need-gain-act-to-provide-cash-payments-to-low-income-families-and-improve-health-outcomes

“Study after study has shown that direct cash assistance is the most effective way to reduce poverty permanently in America,” said Rep. Watson Coleman. “The targeted distribution laid out in the GAIN Act makes sure those who need support can get it. Direct aid pilot programs have shown that most people spend the additional income on child care, food, and rent — freeing up families to actually escape the cycle of poverty. I’m very proud to co-lead this legislation with Rep. Schiff, and strongly encourage the House to pass it.”

++++++++++++

Wow! And I thought that getting people jobs and being productive was the key to escaping from poverty.

Now we know. Permanent welfare, not jobs or productivity is how people escape poverty PERMANENTLY and obtain an improved self image of themselves that goes with more personal productivity. 

NOT!

I am actually all for assisting poor people in need and some on medicare have serious LEGIT health issues that disable them from working. But blindly sending out $500  to some people that COULD WORK, is DISCOURAGING THEM FROM GETTING A JOB!

Agree 100% with the drug screens and providing evidence that they are using this free money for essentials with receipts/proof.

Otherwise, its very counterproductive in many cases.

You can buy a lot of booze for $500/month, for instance and a person increasing their booze intake is spending LESS time being productive or looking for a job. 

I'm definitely NOT saying that most people will use most of the money on booze but a person in poverty that's an alcoholic and can't drink because they don't have money for booze will do what with free money?

When you EARN THE MONEY, you are much more responsible with it because of the labor that went into earning it.

When it's free money.  You treat it differently. It doesn't matter what you do with it because..........it was free, so you use it to enjoy yourself and when its gone........you didn't lose anything because IT WAS FREE!

In most states, you could get 25+ cases of beer for $500.  That's almost a case/day for a practicing alcoholic.

The Price Of A Case Of Beer In Your State – 2024

https://www.americancraftbeer.com/the-price-of-a-case-of-beer-in-your-state-2023/

Don't think many will use it for that?

Maybe there aren't but to make sure, there should be some accountability, like Jean wisely stated.

Accountability also helps to assist that person to grow and not repeat all the same things that got them into poverty that defines their thinking now.

Giving people that messed up their lives because they can't manage their lives or money, something they don't know how to manage will usually not fix the problem. Often make it worse when they waste it on things that dug their hole in the first place.

Please do increase support for those that need it, along with increased ACCOUNTABILITY and assistance in using it to help them do positive things.

By metmike - June 13, 2024, 11:20 a.m.
Like Reply

Promoted to the Trading forum, especially for more visibility!

By 12345 - June 14, 2024, 7:24 p.m.
Like Reply

"PENCIL NECK" SCHI** IS UP FOE RE-ELECTION, AIN'T HE?

By metmike - June 14, 2024, 7:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Adam Schiff is somebody that has helped to enforce something positive in me,  that I preach about here a lot. 

When I listen to him, I'm forced to practice what I preach about NOT hating people, no matter how much WE WANT TO HATE THEM!

And it often requires me to remind myself why hate is such a bad thing for the hater.

Over and over and over!

By 12345 - June 14, 2024, 9:02 p.m.
Like Reply

HAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAA  GOOD ONE, MIKE.

I DON'T HATE HIM, OR ANYONE..IT'S WHAT THEY DO /  SAY THAT I HATE

By cutworm - June 14, 2024, 9:35 p.m.
Like Reply

It's quite a bit different to hate someone's policies or morals than to hate the person.

By metmike - June 14, 2024, 10:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes, I can see that with you guys.

Thanks for being that way!

It’s actually a hard thing to do with many people and nothing against people who are unable to……as long as they only punish themselves And not those that they hate.

They miss out on the peace of mind that can come from letting go of the inclination to hate.

Doing things to intentionally hurt people you hate is a completely different deal and has been one of societies worst  problems For thousands of years.

By 12345 - June 14, 2024, 11:29 p.m.
Like Reply

"HATE THE SIN... NOT THE SINNER'  ONE OF THE MANY REASONS THAT "PATH IS NARROW."

I'M BEGINNING TO BELIEVE IT CONTINUES TO NARROW.

By Jim_M - June 15, 2024, 8:05 a.m.
Like Reply

He’s watched our Commander in Chief buy votes and figured out a way to do it from his level of Government.  

By mcfarm - June 15, 2024, 3:54 p.m.
Like Reply

it is ingrained in the leftist liberal brain and you know it MM. They truly think if they give away some else's money it number one will buy a vote. And guess what, just like the college tuition give away to the tune of billions they also fail to realize somebody, somewhere is going to be held responsible for that debt. It just does not disappear. Have you never just watched AOC and some her child like rhetoric and the way she thinks, Or rather the way she does not think.

By WxFollower - June 15, 2024, 10:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Andrew Yang was a big supporter of something similar in his 2020 POTUS campaign:

https://time.com/5528621/andrew-yang-universal-basic-income/

By 12345 - July 4, 2024, 2:20 p.m.
Like Reply

I REMEMBER THAT.  HE SEEMED LIKE A FAIRLY SENSIBLE GUY, UNTIL...HE DIDN'T. LOL