Comments
By Jim_M - June 13, 2024, 7:19 a.m.
Like Reply

At least it is within our countries borders.  What happens if China marches on Taiwan and we lose access to chips.  Pork will be the least of our problems.

By metmike - June 13, 2024, 9:37 a.m.
Like Reply

Great points but we better get used to it.

The Asians, that include India are extraordinarily bright people and they number over 2 billion which is almost 6 times the number of Americans.

Just look at any graph of a statistic that shows growth in many key industries, including GDP and you can see how quickly they're catching up to us.

It's not if but when they pass us up.  They just got a late start. This is almost 100% inevitable.

If this were a car race for instance and there was no finish line but instead, it remained ongoing to the year 2100. The US would have started with an incredible lead and a car speed that nobody could match. 

Until a couple of decades ago. Since then, China  replaced their original car several times with faster and faster units that are now, rapidly closing the once insurmountable gap with us. In many measures, they've passed us or are positioning to pass us because they are extremely smart and have more discipline and do less dumb things because of politics(like in the energy markets). Or the wars in Ukraine(costing us but China is benefiting from) and Gaza(costing us but not hurting China). 

Anybody with the ability to objectively predict the future, knows that this trend WILL continue.

Just too many smart people in Asia that outnumber us and are positioned for it already.

Best we can do is get back to making smart decisions and hold our own and make peace not war with our competition, while protecting our interests at the same time. 

There's plenty of wonderful things in this world for everybody, whether we/they are #1 or not!!!!

By 12345 - June 14, 2024, 7:42 p.m.
Like Reply

PERSONALLY... I DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF OUR COMPANIES SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO GET SOLD TO ANY FOREIGN COUNTRY & VISA VERSA.  SAME WAY WITH STOCK MARKETS... KEEP YOUR MARKETS IN YOUR OWN HOMELAND.

COUNTRIES SHOULD HAVE EQUAL TRADING WITH OTHER COUNTRIES THAT CAN'T GROW CERTAIN FOODS. ETC. COFFEE, TEA & CHOCOLATE COME TO MIND.  IF THE USA WANTS TO BUY $10B WORTH OF BANANAS...TRADE THAT COUNTRY EVEN UP, WITH $10B OF WHAT THEY NEED.

HOW HARD CAN THAT BE?

By metmike - June 14, 2024, 7:58 p.m.
Like Reply

For sure we need to have very strong laws and dynamics in place that protect our interests or China will eat our lunch. 

The problem is that on many patent laws, for instance, they don't follow them.

They can backwards engineer our stuff and figure out how to do it cheaper in China.

At the same time, we need to see them as trading PARTNERS as much as possible in a way the benefits both countries.

Minimize politics. 

We are doing the exact opposite with politics to our demise.

Right before our eyes we are watching, in real time our credibility crumble in  half the world as they  rebel against us and the US dollar because of our really bad decisions.

It's no longer if but WHEN the US dollar is dethroned from its lofty position FOREVER.

+++++++++++++++++

Re: A 10 YEAR DEAL WITH UKRAINE????!!!!!!!            

By metmike - June 14, 2024, 8:16 a.m.            

ABUSING our power like this, with the US dollar as the world's main global currency being used to PUNISH adversaries for political agenda is 100% writing a death sentence for the US dollar.

The propaganda keeps reassuring us that the world doesn't have any other choice and there's no threat for the immediate future.

WANNA BET!!!!!

Maybe not today or tomorrow..........but the writing is on the wall and the actions around the world ARE A REALITY. See for yourself. 

Our insane war in Ukraine has greatly accelerated the demise of the US dollar, while US citizens are bombarded with NATO propaganda to keep us in ignorant bliss!

‘A wall of BRICS’: The significance of adding six new members to the bloc

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/8/24/analysis-wall-of-brics-the-significance-of-adding-six-new-members

Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia and the UAE have been invited to join the grouping of top emerging economies in January 2024.

“This has geo-economic, geostrategic and geopolitical implications,” Naidu argued, saying the latest additions will push some BRICS nations to think more about their Middle East policies, and for China and India to beef the existing policies.

China recently brokered the re-establishment of ties between Saudi Arabia and Iran, a role that would traditionally have been filled by a country like the United States.

India’s recently signed an agreement with the UAE to trade in Indian rupees and Emirati dirhams instead of in the US dollar.

Crucially, Naidu argued, the expansion list is “very energy centric”, adding that following the announcement, some analysts at the venue even facetiously commented if they should “call it BRICS plus OPEC?”.

metmike: 3.7 billion people is a lot of people, almost half of the world!!!!!!!!

Inclusion

Analysts have said that one of the countries that could benefit from a trading regime outside of dollar dominance is Iran.

“Iran will clearly benefit the most,” said Na’eem Jeenah, a senior researcher at the South African think tank, Mapungupwe Institute for Strategic Reflection.

He said its inclusion “highlights the fact that it’s not as politically isolated as the US wants it to be”.

Inclusion could also be an “economic lifeline” due to increased bilateral trade.

“Members would start trading with each other in their own currencies. For Iran, this would be great,” he said.

Naidu noted that “having Iran in the BRICS sends a massive powerful message to the G7, to the Global North, to Washington”.

“It says, ‘You can have a problem with them, we’ll keep them here.’ And it also says, ‘Your problems are not our problems.’”

++++++++++++

Re: Re: A 10 YEAR DEAL WITH UKRAINE????!!!!!!!            

By metmike - June 14, 2024, 8:29 a.m.            

Look what we helped cause! 

There's no going back.......only making it worse and worse with retarded foreign policy. 

42 Countries Joining BRICS: What Next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkCrb1T227M

Delegates from 22 countries are gathering for the BRICS foreign ministers meeting in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, taking place on June 10 and 11, 2024. This significant event and one of the largest ones in BRICS history is set to discuss various topics related to global economic governance, multilateralism, and the ongoing development of BRICS cooperation. This represents another step towards the further expansion of the BRICS bloc in the near future.

By 12345 - June 14, 2024, 8:53 p.m.
Like Reply

SPEAKING OF BRICS...  MY FRIEND IN DENMARK IS SO DISGUSTED, AS MUCH AS I AM

"Have you seen that american war ships are here in Denmark now ? .. not that far from me ...

and for what I know that means war will start one or another way ... I hate it ... I want them to leave my country ...

and when I say you, I don't mean you in person .. I mean the americans in the government ... as you are not being told all

I just want them gone .... it as all because of BRICS and we all know it ... now we have to pay the price ....

Like Nuland said "F" THE EU" ... that's what they think of me and my country .... they don't care about us at all ....

My government is sadly hooked on the Hitler idea that they can rule the world one day ... they are crazy .... insane

so they go along with all that can start a war nearly ... and our leaders are selling up their houses and what they own .. so guess where they are going ..

and we can't get out .... Obama was pissed on Merkel because she could make deals with Russia .... and Obama wanted to let her know that

it would mean war .... Trump sadly said the same in 2019 .... IN OUR INTERESTS means "you will pay the price" ... that the line the USA use when the

want to destroy a country .... Now they steal the money from Russia ... and that's the people's money ... and they still are stealing the oil from Syria ...

I don't understand the evil that has taken over .... and it's always in other countries the USA starts a war....

never in their own country ..."