Post of the week-RAIN!
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - June 23, 2024, 12:36 p.m.

Life on this planet is dependent on the miracle of RAIN!

Re: Re:  Grains May 28, 2024+                        

By metmike - June 23, 2024, 12:29 p.m.    

I was getting ready to call my wife to tell her how to turn on our irrigation system this morning(because I forgot yesterday evening)  but it looks like we could have just received close to an inch of wondrous rain that was extremely needed after 3 weeks of no rain +heat.

Let me know if anybody else got rain, looks like mcfarm might have but missed the best amounts to his north.

I just wish I was there to be in it!

The night before leaving for Detroit, we had some scattered t-showers that were blessing our area. 1 shower was getting real close to us and I couldn't leave for the gym until after it passed. Looking in the rain gauge to see how much fell after getting back is never enough.

There is just something about this that probably only producers can understand after a dry spell.

It also taps into my profound appreciation of the meteorological appreciation for the miracle of what causes rain and the fact that life on this planet is extremely dependent on H2O!

I just can't help but be outside on the front porch, then the back porch and sometimes stand out in it, especially running out to the rain gauge, getting soaking wet, to check on how much fell, even if I just checked 10 minutes earlier!

Again, this mainly happens during an extreme dry spell similar to this one, when the appreciation of benefits is greatly amplified.

This made my day!

https://www.iweathernet.com/total-rainfall-map-24-hours-to-72-hours

Comments
By metmike - June 23, 2024, 12:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Rain and H2O (gas and liquid) are needed for life on this planet to exist.

So is CO2, another beneficial gas....... which is NOT carbon pollution as its NOT even carbon.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: Re: Re: National Climate Emergency??????????!!!!!!!!!!!            

By metmike - June 22, 2024, 10:26 a.m.            

This source displays a blatant bias when it comes to climate change. 

Wanna know how to tell?

Anybody that uses the term "carbon pollution" for carbon dioxide is either not a scientist or is a blatantly biased scientist playing politics.

Using that term, carbon pollution is scientifically, exactly like using the term hydrogen pollution to describe water vapor/H2O in the air.

We know that a water molecule is formed from 2 atoms of hydrogen and 1 atom of oxygen. Water/H2O is neither hydrogen or oxygen. It's a totally different compound/molecule, using atoms held together by covalent bonds. It's essential for all life on this planet. 

Water

The water molecule has this basic geometric structure
Ball-and-stick model of a water molecule
Space filling model of a water molecule
  Oxygen, O
  Hydrogen, H

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Exactly the same with CO2/carbon dioxide.  It's formed from 2 atoms of oxygen and 1 atom of carbon. It is NOT oxygen and it certainly is not the solid, carbon. It's a totally different compound/molecule, with 1 C atom, covalently bonded with 2 O atoms. It's an essential GAS! At 426 parts per million, CO2 is less than 50% of the optimal level for most life(assuming that most animals eat plants or something that ate plants). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide

Carbon dioxide
Structural formula of carbon dioxide with bond length
Ball-and-stick model of carbon dioxide
Space-filling model of carbon dioxide

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Carbon is a SOLID! Thousands of compounds have carbon atoms in them but they are NOT CARBON. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon

Carbon
Carbon, 6C
Graphite (left) and diamond (right), two allotropes of carbon
Allotropesgraphite, diamond and more (see Allotropes of carbon)
Appearance
  • graphite: black, metallic-looking
  • diamond: clear

+++++++++++++++

List of compounds with carbon number 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compounds_with_carbon_number_1

+++++++++++++++++++++++

We know exactly why people use the ANTI science term,  carbon pollution for CO2

When you hear a source using that term or read it, you can be certain that they are either scientifically ignorant on this topic or intentionally using it to try to trick people into believing  that the beneficial gas, CO2 is actually a pollutant and is bad, like black carbon or solid carbon particulate matter in the air. 

By metmike - June 23, 2024, 2:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Rainfall the last 72 hours.

Sorry you barely missed, cutworm )-:

It especially hurts when a rain event completely falls apart at your doorstep.

https://www.iweathernet.com/total-rainfall-map-24-hours-to-72-hours

By mcfarm - June 23, 2024, 6:28 p.m.
Like Reply

w did get a couple tenths last nite. It was wonderful. However with sun and big winds today that rain is already gone with the wind sadly

By metmike - June 23, 2024, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

For our dry areas, Hopefully there’s a lot more on the way and more than what I think is coming.

The GEFS is pretty wet.

Maybe I’m wrong. The market isn’t too worried at the moment.

By cutworm - June 23, 2024, 9:36 p.m.
Like Reply

I received 35/100 this am. 

last June  rains 3/10 on 6-14 and 2/10 0n 6-2

Interesting note the corn leaves funnel the rain near the base of the plant, and just now checking there is wet soil near the base of the plants and dryer in the middle of the row. 

By cutworm - June 23, 2024, 9:38 p.m.
Like Reply

also it has been quit a ride on temps. 47 on June 11.  90's all this week

By metmike - June 23, 2024, 10:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Glad to read that you got something,, cutworm!

like you said, this heat makes it so much worse!

Interesting on how the rain was diverted by your corn plants.