RNC ‘24
40 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - July 15, 2024, 1:15 a.m.

I’ve seen suggestions that Trump’s Thu speech is being rewritten to emphasize unity instead of negativity as regards Biden. Is this for real? :)

Assuming this is accurate, my guess is that it would be pertaining mainly to the GOP.  With him getting the nomination so dominantly, I’d love to see it sincerely include Dems/libs. Now that would be a uuuge change. Maybe the combo of nearly being killed and Biden’s pleas for unity is affecting him.

He’s likely assuming based on latest polls that he’s currently so far ahead that he can afford to ease up on the divisive political rhetoric. I expect to be tuning in to that speech!

Comments
Re: RNC ‘24
0 likes
By 12345 - July 15, 2024, 2:22 a.m.
Like Reply

I HOPE HE COMES OUT SWINGIN'.  THE ONLY WAY TO TEACH ANYONE A LESSON, IS TO CONFRONT THEM ABOUT THEIR WRONG DOING & PUNISH THEM....NOT CODDLE THEM.  TRUMP IS "DEALING WITH THE DEVIL" & LIKE THE GOOD LORD ~ YA JUST DON'T / CAN'T MAKE DEALS WITH EITHER OF THEM...IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

https://www.businessinsider.com/local-officer-retreated-when-he-encountered-trump-rally-shooter-2024-7

"Trump will speak at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee this week.

"In this moment, it is more important than ever that we stand United, and show our True Character as Americans, remaining Strong and Determined, and not allowing Evil to Win," he said in a Truth Social post."

By 12345 - July 15, 2024, 11:47 a.m.
Like Reply
By 12345 - July 15, 2024, 1:12 p.m.
Like Reply

SUPPOSEDLY, TRUMP WILL NAME HIS VP CHOICE, TODAY.

By metmike - July 15, 2024, 1:19 p.m.
Like Reply

I've always thought that it would be the governor of ND, going back 1.5 years and at least he's still in it down to the last day.

I really like this guy too.

I think Rubio is the sharpest with regards to one of the most gifted and convincing communicators in history. 

He would eat Harris alive in a VP candidate debate.

By metmike - July 15, 2024, 1:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Jean,

Trump doesn’t need to do a thing to gain more support from his base, which are people like you.

Ahead of this election, he’s reaching out to people/groups outside his base…..that why he went to Detroit last month to appeal to black voters.

His base wasn’t enough to win in 2020.

Saying things to energize his base has the complete opposite impact on people NOT part of his base.

He has a golden opportunity, with much of the country, some that have not been trump supporters but don’t have TDS feeling empathy for him as a human being.

People are now, all waiting to here what this man has to say because he’s just gone thru an historic attempt to kill him and was 1 inch away from death.

His words could have profound meaning here for people that never cared about what Trump had to say before.

SOME people will be giving him a chance to say some things that have been missing in most of his speeches. Speeches that have turned them off.

If he does what you want him to do, his empathy period  will run out quickly and everybody but his base will be reminded of reasons to vote NOT Donald Trump.

If he attacks and vilifies and vents and expresses outrage and hatred, desire for revenge and other Trump attributes, his empathy period will end abruptly and it will signal the time of resumption for the other side to point out these character flaws that cause TDS and NOT Donald Trump votes……..but also turn off non MAGA people…..maybe millions who might listen right here and right now to a man with a profound message that expresses a desire to unite our country…..like Larry said.

A message similar to Melania‘s message to the country yesterday. 

if he does that, it will also make it harder for his enemies to attack him as well as extend his empathy period.

If he comes out extremely angry in public over this, his base will love it but it will cost him more than help him.

I’m not basing this on whether a person that was almost killed should be angry or not…….because a great case can be made to justify the anger.

however, was Reagan angry after he was shot, would MLK or JFK have expressed anger or revenge had they survived?

NO!

Trump has a unique opportunity to prove to his detractors that he does have character here and to call for the country to unite VS being at war against our political opponents.

By 12345 - July 15, 2024, 3:16 p.m.
Like Reply

MIKE... TRUMP DOESN'T NEED TO MENTION NAMES OR PARTY.  I COULD RANT & RAVE FOR HOURS ON END, AT HOW THIS COUNTRY HAS CAVED TO THE DEVIL... AND, NEVER USE ONE SWEAR WORD.

FOR HIM TO COME OUT ALL "MAMBY PAMBY," WOULD, IMO, BE A SLAP IN THE FACE TO THE TRUE, PATRIOTIC AMERICANS.

J.D. VANCE

By 12345 - July 15, 2024, 3:47 p.m.
Like Reply

UGH!!  I WAS AFRAID HE'D CHOOSE VANCE.

JD Vance's Old Trump Comments Come Back To HAUNT Him  TYT  11 MINUTES

By 12345 - July 15, 2024, 3:51 p.m.
Like Reply
RNC ‘24
2 likes
By metmike - July 15, 2024, 4:21 p.m.
Like Reply

I agree with you about JD Vance, Jean.

I REALLY liked the other 2 in the running at the end but don't know much about his new VP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._D._Vance

James David Vance (born James Donald Bowman; August 2, 1984) is an American politician serving as the juniorUnited States senator from Ohio since 2023.[1][2] A member of the Republican Party, he was announced as Donald Trump's running mate on the Republican ticket for the 2024 United States presidential election during the 2024 Republican National Convention, making him the first millennial to be on a presidential ticket of a major party in the United States

Born in Middletown, Ohio, Vance served in the Marine Corps before studying political science and philosophy at Ohio State University and earning a Juris Doctor from Yale Law School. He came to prominence with his 2016 memoir, Hillbilly Elegy, which describes his upbringing in Middletown and his family's Appalachian values. It became a New York Times bestseller and attracted significant press attention during the 2016 United States presidential election.[6] Vance launched his first political campaign for Ohio's Senate seat in 2021 and won the Republican nomination after being endorsed by Trump. He defeated Democratic nominee Tim Ryan in the general election.

0 likes
By 12345 - July 15, 2024, 8 p.m.
Like Reply

KUDLOW IS ON A ROLL :)

I SURELY HOPE THIS SAGA IS A WAKE UP CALL FOR A LOT OF NAY SAYERS... GOD IS WATCHING

By metmike - July 15, 2024, 8:06 p.m.
Like Reply

On JD, I like his story and will keep an open mind.

Trump will be speaking tonight.

The insane response should be historic!

positive, tear jerking historic!

By 12345 - July 15, 2024, 8:14 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL  IF ANYBODY CAN KNOCK VANCE BACK ON HIS HEELS... IT'S TRUMP.

I'M KEEPING AN OPEN MIND ON HIM, BUT... I'LL BE WATCHING IN MY PERIPHERAL VISION.

I'LL VOTE TRUMP, REGARDLESS, BECAUSE HE IS FIGHTING FOR THIS COUNTRY ~ WILLING TO LAY HIS LIFE DOWN FOR IT!!! ( I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING HIM FOR 40+ YEARS.  I'M NOT GONNA GIVE UP, NOW.)

LIKE HE'S ALWAYS SAID: "THEY'RE NOT AFTER ME ~ THEY'RE AFTER YOU.  I'M JUST IN THEIR WAY!"

By 12345 - July 15, 2024, 8:18 p.m.
Like Reply
0 likes
By 12345 - July 15, 2024, 10:10 p.m.
Like Reply

sycophant: someone who praises powerful or rich people in a way that is not sincere, usually in order to get some advantage from them:

Trump Names J.D. VANCE As His Running Mate  THE YOUNG TURKS 17 MINUTES

By 12345 - July 15, 2024, 10:25 p.m.
Like Reply

SPEAKER JOHNSON & THE TELEPROMPTER  2 MINUTES.  LOLOLOL

By metmike - July 15, 2024, 11:13 p.m.
Like Reply

I got that wrong about trump speaking.

he was there but not speaking.

By 12345 - July 15, 2024, 11:14 p.m.
Like Reply
By 12345 - July 15, 2024, 11:41 p.m.
Like Reply
0 likes
By WxFollower - July 16, 2024, 3:08 a.m.
Like Reply

Vance is about the worst pick from my standpoint. If this were a closer race, Trump might not have picked him. He isn’t going to get many new moderates/independents from this pick imo. Some things he’s said:

-Believes the 2020 election was stolen:

• He said that states such as Georgia and Pennsylvania should have sent both Trump and Biden electors and let Congress decide.
  • Congress has since updated the Electoral Count Act to clarify that the vice president's role in the proceedings is strictly ceremonial. But Vance has also made clear that he might be willing to cross a line that Pence wouldn't, and that may have helped him get the job.

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp/rcna161985

JD Vance says that the country is run by "childless cat ladies" who don't have a "direct stake in it," specifically naming Pete Buttigieg and AOC."If we want a healthy ruling class, we should support more people who actually have kids."

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1420908065092669441?

A quick primer on J.D. Vance, Trump’s VP nominee:-once called Trump “America’s Hitler”-supports nat’l abortion ban without exceptions for rape/incest-doesn’t believe in gay marriage-proponent of white supremacist Great Replacement Theory-supports Russia’s war on Ukraine

https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1812927168634319246?

By metmike - July 16, 2024, 6:57 a.m.
Like Reply

Larry,

you just linked us to a post from a  progressive  left strategist, for an opinion about a republican.

With regards to vance, 3 years ago stating that people with children view the world differently and we should listen to them…….i can tell you that my ethics, caring and desire to protect life changed for the better after becoming a parent.
As well as wanting to make the world a better place for the next generation more than before Because I had more proverbial skin in the game.

im having a hard time seeing this  as a negative from sources that want to twist the meaning that way.

with regards to his views on gay related issues, my youngest son is gay and my  wife and I support him 100% based on biological authenticity and the way that God created him. We tolerate people with religious ignorance that are confused on this issue.

On this topic, when I hear “love the sinner, hate the sin”…..that’s exactly what we actually apply  to the people using that expression.

We still love the people who are misinformed and because of that, THEY judge and assign sins to the actions of others because of their ignorance.

biological authenticity is the underlying, defining principle determining  sexual preference…..for gay  AND straight people.…it’s NOT a moral or religious code decision based on an edict from God.

We don’t judge confused people, indoctrinated with a  belief system, usually rooted in religion that DEFIES GODS  natural laws of science and biology.

I already  understood this, based on studying the biology BEFORE we knew our son was gay but yes, actually knowing people who are gay, black, Jewish, Muslim or whatever the minority is can be essential to seeing and understanding their authentic world.

By 12345 - July 16, 2024, 7:07 a.m.
Like Reply

LARRY... THANKS FOR THOSE LINKS.   

HERE IS WHY I SAY TRUMP CHOSE HIM (MUCH TO MY DISMAY, UNTIL I LITERALLY SLEPT & PRAYED ON IT).  GOD USED SOME PRETTY RUTHLESS / UNSAVORY "CHARACTERS", TO GET HIS POINT ACROSS.  I BELIEVE THAT'S WHY TRUMP WON IN 2016. (WE COULD ARGUE 'TIL DOOMSDAY ABOUT 2020.  LOL )

VANCE HAS SOME REAL ISSUES HE NEEDS TO "GET OVER".  IF HE LISTENS, HE WILL.  IF HE REFUSES TO LISTEN & STAYS HIS "MACHO SELF", HE NEVER WILL.  HIS CHOICE.  

I BELIEVE TRUMP HAS LEARNED TO LISTEN & I PRAY HE CAN SHOW VANCE THAT PATH. IT WASN'T A "BAD SHOT" OR LUCK, THAT SAVED TRUMPS' LIFE... IT WAS THE DIVINE INTERVENTION THAT DID. TRUMP WILL NEED TO CONTINUALLY "SEARCH HIS SOUL", JUST LIKE THE REST OF US. HE'S FINALLY GRADUATED TO BEING THE MAN, I ALWAYS "KNEW" WAS IN HIM.  IS HE PERFECT?  LOL  YEAH, ABOUT AS PERFECT AS THE REST OF US.... WE HAVE THE CHANCE TO BE PERFECT, WHEN WE EXHALE OUR FINAL BREATH. IT TAKES AN ENTIRE LIFETIME TO ACCOMPLISH THAT & WE NEED TO STRIVE FOR THAT...24/7/365...NOT INCLUDING LEAP YEAR.    THAT'S 24/7/366

________

NOW, BACK TO THE NEWS

By metmike - July 16, 2024, 7:14 a.m.
Like Reply

What I have noticed the most, since Trump has announced his VP pick is the unbelievable, off the charts hatred and tunnel vision/biased attacking of Vance by the left.

I will guess that since Trump is getting a reprieve from these relentless TDS types because of them temporarily holding back until the empathy period wears off, they are spewing all the hate venom at his VP pick, who is fair game because ……..he’s associated with Trump.

completely ignoring any potential lesson to be learned by what just happened on Saturday.

LEARNING NOTHING!

Scaring people about what Vance is going to do to our country if elected. Creating the same sort of mindset that motivates some people to hate and want to eliminate this horrible, exaggerated threat.

By metmike - July 16, 2024, 9:06 a.m.
Like Reply

‘TONE IS CHANGING’: O’Leary says Trump’s VP pick could trigger shift among biz leaders    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH0dNB7C8zw

Elon Musk to give Trump campaign jaw-dropping funding boost    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjILGULTcw0

By metmike - July 16, 2024, 9:52 a.m.
Like Reply

Van Jones condemns Trump's VP pick JD Vance as a 'horror on the world stage,' a 'dangerous virus'

'The Ukrainians are now in deep trouble. NATO is now in deep trouble,' the CNN commentator said

https://www.foxnews.com/media/van-jones-condemns-trumps-vp-pick-jd-vance-horror-world-stage-dangerous-virus

++++++++++++

Hypocrites like this have learned nothing from the assassination attempt.

Exaggerating the threats of their political enemies to our country and the world, using inflammatory, hate rhetoric to scare people into being motivated to stop them.

With regards to the Ukrainians being in deep trouble.............what complete bs!

NATO/Biden/Zelensky/US politicians and guys like Van Jones are responsible for over half a million dead people and Ukraine being decimated for their war with Russia with Russia insisting on stopping NATO's continuing to surround Russia and arm nations with weapons aimed at Russia.

Ukraine has always wanted and still wants PEACE WITH RUSSIA NOT NATO.

Dishonest propaganda sources like Van Jones want you to believe that killing off Ukraine's brave army and getting Ukraine obliterated was actually supporting Ukraine.

With so called FAKE friends like this.............who needs enemies.

A Trump/Vance administration this past 3+ years would have resulted in 0 people dead and no war in Ukraine and Zelensky, being forced to be the president of Ukraine, negotiating peace with Russia, not the NATO puppet betraying his people and sending them on suicide missions FOR NATO,  after Biden met with him in September 2021 in the White House and exploited his power/corrupt connections in Ukraine for diabolical agenda.

By 12345 - July 16, 2024, 12:01 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL  

MIKE, REMEMBER ~ VAN JONES WAS A BO CZAR & RESIGNED 'CAUSE THE REPUBLICANS MADE HIM MAD. WHAT A CRY BABY, IMO

RNC ‘24
0 likes
By metmike - July 16, 2024, 2:43 p.m.
Like Reply

PROJECT 25.  NEVER HEARD OF IT....            

By metmike - July 16, 2024, 2:08 p.m.    

JD Vance opposes military aid, NATO membership for Ukraine. He's now Trump's VP pick

https://kyivindependent.com/jd-vance-opposes-military-aid-nato-membership-for-ukraine-hes-now-trumps-vp-pick/

JD Vance: What could Trump's running mate selection mean for future of Ukraine and NATO?

The choice of JD Vance - an arch critic of US aid to Ukraine and of American taxpayers bankrolling European security - as Donald Trump's running mate signals a "very significant shift" in US foreign policy should they win the election, defence insiders say.

https://news.sky.com/story/jd-vance-what-could-trumps-running-mate-selection-mean-for-future-of-ukraine-and-nato-13178674

JD Vance's pledge to 'abandon' Ukraine a ‘catastrophic mistake’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtY7AbxNRTM

++++++++++++

Catastrophic for a continuation of NATO corruption and the endless war with Russia and to Joe Biden's agenda. A gift to Ukrainians that want AN END TO THE WAR AND PEACE WITH RUSSIA, NOT NATO! And hopefully allow elections to resume, so dictator, traitor, NATO puppet Zelensky can be replaced ASAP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtY7AbxNRTM

‘God help Ukraine’: How JD Vance’s VP nomination will cause chills in Kyiv

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/07/16/jd-vances-vp-nomination-will-cause-chills-in-ukraine.html

++++++++++

God help us............there will finally be peace for Ukrainians!!!!!

Why Europe looks at Trump’s VP pick with anxiety    

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/16/europe/trump-vp-jd-vance-europe-ukraine-intl/index.html

++++++++++++++

Yes, NATO, including the US cronies supporting NATO ( millitary-industrial-political-media complex) are sweating it. THEIR war is about to be ended.

Now, they are scrambling to take actions AHEAD OF TRUMP's ending of the war.

It's very possible that THEY will end the war first, knowing it's going to end with Trump..... so that Trump can't get credit for it!!!!

Or they will do some crazy things first, attacking Russia for instance to attempt to escalate. They are unpredictable.........but Trump isn't actually. We KNOW WITH CERTAINTY THAT DONALD TRUMP WILL END THE WAR AS PROMISED!!! PANIC TIME FOR THE WAR MONGERS!!!!

And the strategy here is to attack Trump and Vance because they will END THE WAR. Twist it into them being against Ukraine and for Russia. Ironically, Trump and Vance will  FINALLY be giving Ukrainian's what they've been pleading for since well before they elected  Zelensky in 2019 based on his election platform/promises to do it. PEACE!!!!

0 likes
By mcfarm - July 17, 2024, 9:05 a.m.
Like Reply

Sarah Huckabee gave one of the very best convention speeches I have ever heard. If you missed it you missed a good opportunity to smile, to laugh, to get teary eyed for a good reason. She was awesome. If you have not seen it go find and listen to her be as honest, plain, emotional, factual, and rational about her life, America What this up coming election boils down to. 

By metmike - July 17, 2024, 10:11 a.m.
Like Reply

JD Vance, Trump’s VP pick, once called him a ‘moral disaster,’ and possibly ‘America’s Hitler’    

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/15/politics/kfile-jd-vance-comments-trump/index.html

“I did say those critical things and I regret them, and I regret being wrong about the guy,” Vance told Fox News in 2021.   

In a statement to CNN last month, Vance cited Trump’s “many successes in office” for changing his mind on the former president.        

“I’m proud to be one of his strongest supporters in the Senate today and I’m going to do everything in my power to ensure President Trump wins in November - the survival of America depends on it.”    

+++++++++++++++++

How dare a politician evolve and change their mind about something!!! However, it is fair for the media to bring this drastic turn about up. 

Heck, 3 years ago I insisted that Trump's political career was over.. If somebody told me then that he would be in this position, I would have insisted that he won't get my vote..........then, Biden happened to our country!

Leave it up to the media and Trump's enemies to go after Vance like he's public enemy #2(Trump is #1). 

This will be the 3rd election in a row that the winner comes out on top by having the other person disliked(hated) more than them. 

To win presidential elections in recent years, the key is to maximize the hatred for your opponent, so they will, either vote for your person to stop the opponent..... or stay home if they are from the same party as your opponent.

It's no wonder that this defining environment of INTENTIONALLY inciting hatred for your opponent, with exaggerated warnings of how they will end our democracy or destroy our country....... is favorable for people to want to kill them.

By metmike - July 17, 2024, 10:40 a.m.
Like Reply

Authoritarianism Expert Responds To 'Bone Chilling' Moment At RNC

"We can avoid this nightmare," warned Ruth Ben-Ghiat.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ruth-ben-ghiat-rnc-donald-trump-moment_n_66961898e4b0463bea24ba71

“Bone chilling to see at #RNCConvention people chanting ‘Fight’ in unison with one arm punching in the air,” he wrote. “Instantly conjures up rallies from 1930s Germany. There is no other way to put it.”

Ben-Ghiat, a history professor at New York University and the author of “Strongmen: Mussolini to the Present,” who has frequently warned of the authoritarian aspects of a potential second Trump presidency, reposted the clip.

+++++++++++++++++

Right-o!

Rs chanting fight after their leader was almost killed by an assassin, means that this party is just like Hitler and Mussolini.

But some so called "expert"  warning people that the R party is about to take over our country like Hitler and Mussolini did ...........is a perfectly fine tactic to scare people and strongly motivate them to stop the Rs or they will give up everything related to democracy and decency. 

By 12345 - July 17, 2024, 12:20 p.m.
Like Reply
0 likes
By WxFollower - July 18, 2024, 12:31 a.m.
Like Reply

The best parts of the Vance speech imo were when he talked about his Mee Maw, who brought him up, and also his Mom, who’s been sober for 10 years.

But did his style seem a bit flat? The crowd also didn’t seem to be overly enthusiastic. It was almost as if they were tired. Perhaps he was purposely holding back to contrast himself with Trump tomorrow night.

By metmike - July 18, 2024, 11:43 a.m.
Like Reply

Reviews on his speech were tethered to the sources political affiliation.

Europe Is Terrified of J.D. Vance | Opinion

https://www.newsweek.com/europe-terrified-jd-vance-opinion-1926645

To say that Americans of all walks of life have an opinion about J.D. Vance, former President Donald Trump's vice presidential running mate, would be a gross understatement. Ever since Trump announced Vance as his V.P. nominee, hot-takes about the senator have been everywhere. Democrats were revolted, with one calling the selection "a direct threat to American values and rights." Republican voters and delegates were largely happy with the choice.

Rob Johnson, a former senior U.K. Ministry of Defense official, predicted a dark period ahead. "It's bad for us but it's terrible news for [Ukraine]," a senior European diplomat stressed to The Guardian on July 17. "[Vance] is not our ally." European foreign policy experts are just as worried about the Ohioan's promotion, believing it's another signal that the U.S. can no longer be relied on.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The only people in Ukraine that this is terrible for is their corrupt government. Leaders there are raking in the extra dirty money from the US gushing out billions with no vetting/accountability for where its going. And of course their traitor, Zelensky who found that acting as the lead NATO war salesman, has been a much more rewarding job than being the leader of Ukraine and following thru with his promise to get elected in 2019.......negotiating peace with Russia. And as leader of Ukraine, actually caring about the lives of his people instead of sending their brave soldiers on suicide missions FOR NATO the past 2.5 years. 

For almost every other Ukraine citizen, JD Vance will be a dream come true, with their wish for peace with Russia possibly becoming a reality..........putting an end to the  Biden/NATO/Zelensky era of using Ukraine/Ukrainians for their war/political agenda to expand and surround Russia with NATO countries, armed with weapons aimed at Russia, with an objective of destroying Russia. NATO lies when they claim otherwise.

Anything the United States can do to separate itself and its commitments to one of the most corrupt organizations in history is a good thing. 

0 likes
By WxFollower - July 18, 2024, 12:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike said this regarding Vance’s speech:

“Reviews on his speech were tethered to the sources political affiliation”

——————-

I thought it was kind of flat with kind of a quiet crowd response through much of it. That’s my own opinion. Not that that is that big of a deal. Some people are better than others in exciting a crowd, like Trump.

Also, is this legit or not? Anyone know? If legit, Trump doesn’t appear overly excited at this moment of Vance’s speech fwiw: sleepy Don? or is it possible that he was just blinking?

By metmike - July 18, 2024, 12:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for confirming the statement, with your view, Larry!

Here's more views:

"DEMOCRACY NOW!", SPEAKING ON J.D. VANCE            

Started by 12345 - July 17, 2024, 4 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/105976/

By 12345 - July 18, 2024, 1:12 p.m.
Like Reply

ON TRUMP GETTING SHOT...THIS MORNING, I GOT THIS FROM MY FRIEND IN DENMARK

Yes... they talk about all the time...but guess what they had hoped ...

my country is bought by the Bidens, Obama and all these evil clans.... it's horrible .....

IMO, MARINE LE PEN IS "ON THEIR LIST"

By 12345 - July 18, 2024, 5 p.m.
Like Reply

I HOPE TRUMP WAS TAKING A "QUICKIE".  TO COME SO NEAR TO BEING KILLED WOULD TAKE A TOLL ON ANY SANE PERSON... THEIR MIND & BODY NEEDS TIME TO GET BACK IN GEAR.  

PERSONALLY, IF MY MIND GETS "BUSIED UP" WITH PERSONAL "ISSUES", IT WEARS ME OUT A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN BEING PHYSICALLY EXHAUSTED DOES.  THE MIND NEEDS TO RECALCULATE...MINE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A QUIET, PEACEFUL, HAPPY & CONTENTED MIND, UNTIL........ SOME JERK DISRUPTS IT WITH DISHONESTY IN ANY FORM.  CASE IN POINT... I RENTED MOMS' HOUSE OUT TO SOMEONE I TRUSTED EXPLICITLY.  WHEN HE MOVED OUT... HE'D STOLEN AN OAK CABINET & 2 LARGE OAK FRAMED MIRRORS OFF THE WALL... PAINTED THE BEAUTIFUL OAK CABINETRY THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE; BLACK & WHITE... STOLE THE $1,200.00 BASEMENT SUMP PUMP... I GOT SO DISGUSTED WITH KNOWING ALL THE THINGS HE STOLE, DESTROYED, ETC....I QUIT GETTING ESTIMATES FOR DAMAGES & THEFT WHEN THE DOLLAR AMOUNT REACHED OVER $14,000.00. I'VE BEEN HAGGLING WITH ATTORNEYS FOR MORE THAN A YEAR!!  IT'S EXHAUSTING!  THE HOUSE HAS SAT EMPTY FOR A YEAR.

0 likes
By WxFollower - July 18, 2024, 11:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump says “drill, baby, drill” to bring down gasoline prices. But what he doesn’t say is that ironically crude oil production rose to all-time record highs for ANY country during the Biden admin (in 2023) due to increased fracking. Of course, production levels are largely unrelated to POTUS policy and are most affected by free market forces:

0 likes
By WxFollower - July 19, 2024, 1:42 a.m.
Like Reply

1. Trump’s speech at 1:32 length was the longest acceptance speech in modern history and about as long as the avg movie! Is that a positive or a negative? I don’t know and assume opinions on that will vary. What do y’all think?

2. He was reading the teleprompter early on, including when he described the shooting in detail and also called for Republicans, independents, AND Dems to unite, which was well done. That was my favorite part of the speech. That portion was far different from his typical speech.

3. However, he then started to ad-lib more and sounded more typical for him for a good portion of the rest.

By metmike - July 19, 2024, 2:26 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, Larry!

agree. Just like before, Trump did well on the teleprompter.

on his own, he can’t help himself about blaming Pelosi, accusing the Ds of cheating in elections, embellishing or lying about 

Reminding me again how divisive and dishonest he was before and likely will be again.

0 likes
By 12345 - July 20, 2024, 6:35 p.m.
Like Reply