CANNABIS
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - July 18, 2024, 2:02 p.m.

A horrific crash that killed six high school girls in Oklahoma two years ago has the head of the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board urging parents to warn teenagers about the risk of driving after using marijuana.

A PARENT NEEDS TO BE THEIR CHILDRENS' PARENT... NOT THEIR "FRIEND"... IMO

A SAD LESSON, HOPEFULLY LEARNED BY PARENTS THAT DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THEIR CHILDREN.

After crash that killed 6 teens, NTSB chief says people underestimate marijuana's impact on drivers

Comments
Re: CANNABIS
0 likes
By metmike - July 18, 2024, 3:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, Jean.

I take a few meds and dozens of supplements for health and support for several medical conditions that I have.

One of them, is a gummy with THC in it. This product definitely helps me but I don't like the feeling of being high from THC, so I have to make sure not to take that much.

It's no big deal, the few times that I took a tad too much. Nobody would have been able to tell. I would be able to drive(I only take it near bedtime) but I just don't like the feeling.

Alcohol?

Man, I really love that feeling!!!

That's why I quit drinking a long time ago.  After each beer............I just wanted the next one even more.  I knew that I was an alcoholic as a very young man. 

It's often biological based on how alcohol impacts the neurotransmitters in some peoples brain.

When I did drink, I could drink everybody under the table. My youngest son was the same way before he quit drinking.

He got my genes.

In my younger years, I drove hundreds of times with a blood alcohol level at least 3 times the legal limit. This sounds bad but I drove skillfully. This was dead wrong but I'm just saying that people are impacted differently.

By 12345 - July 18, 2024, 5:45 p.m.
Like Reply

MIKE... I QUIT BOTH: DRUGS & ALCOHOL....COLD TURKEY.  I WAS 21 YRS. OLD.

ALONG WITH A LOT OF "FIRESIDE CHIT-CHATS" WITH THE GOOD LORD.~ IT TOOK ONE AA MEETING FOR THE ALCOHOL...AND, ONE HORRENDOUS EPISODE FOR THE DRUGS.

THE ENTIRE MATERNAL SIDE OF MY FAMILY WERE ALL ALCOHOLICS, EXCEPT FOR MY GRANDMA. SHE'D NEVER EVER HAD A SIP OF ALCOHOL.  MY 1/2 AUNTS & UNCLES WERE AFFECTED, TOO.  ALL I COULD FIGURE OUT IS: IT CAME FROM GRANDMAS' BLOODLINE, BECAUSE MY GRANDPA WAS ALSO ANTI-ALCOHOL.

THE GIRLS OF MY GRANDPARENTS (MOM & HER SISTER) QUIT DRINKING, ON THEIR OWN. THE 2 BOYS? ONE JOINED AA & QUIT DRINKING. THE OTHER ONE? DIED AN ALCOHOLIC, IN PRISON. (I KNOW, ONCE AN ALCOHOLIC, ALWAYS AN ALCOHOLIC... WET OR DRY.)

MY 1/2 AUNTS & UNCLES (GRANDMA WAS A 36 YEAR OLD WIDOW & HAD 6 KIDS (ONE JUST A WEEK OLD) THEY WERE ALL ALCOHOLICS. ONE OF THE GIRLS QUIT ON HER OWN... THE OTHER ONE WAS A REGISTERED NURSE & A WET ALCOHOLIC, WHEN SHE DIED.  ALL 4 OF THE BOYS DRIED UP IN AA.