The Cult
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - July 19, 2024, 8:43 a.m.

A cult of very mean-spirited people is seizing power in the USA.  I don't think the leaders of this cult are particularly charismatic.  They're certainly not great orators, but their followers are swooning.  In my thinking, the cult is grounded in the fear and humiliation of not succeeding in a meritocracy. (see hollowing out of the middle class)  A meritocracy made chaotic by automation, inequality, globalization, social media, bureaucracy, and the creative destruction of both well-regulated and poorly-regulated capitalism,

As for claiming the mantle of God for themselves, I find it repulsive, hubristic, and a little bit stupid.

There have been about 3000 Gods created by mankind throughout history.  They are all silly except for yours.   YOURS is the real one.

Comments
Re: The Cult
0 likes
By metmike - July 19, 2024, 10:24 a.m.
Like Reply

joj,

I read you loud and clear and we need your opinions here.

3 years ago, I would have given this scenario a 1% chance of happening. I insisted that Trump was over and it was time for Rs to pick the new person.

I WAS WRONG because Joe Biden happened to the country and the Ds pretended that he was ok..........until the debate PROVED he was NOT ok.

This was self inflicted by the Ds, who even now in finally acknowledging Biden can't do the job for another 4 years (only because Americans are on to the scam and he can't win)  want to pretend that Biden was a great president.

When you have a really, REALLY bad president and a party deceiving us,  Americans will be turned off enough to reconsider something else.

By metmike - July 19, 2024, 10:44 a.m.
Like Reply

I will also note that, although conventions like this are defined by 1 sided extreme cheerleading, for me it was a combination of entertainment with a dose of reality but increasingly offensive on the last night(similar to your experience).

Trumps verbiage when he went off teleprompter suggests that this event will only further feed his narcissism and his divisive attacks will continue as well as his constant distortions of the truth. 

However, I'll wait to hear him speak for  the next  few months to state that as a solid fact. 

If it's not, then I'll credit him with changing.

Re: The Cult
0 likes
By 12345 - July 19, 2024, 1:51 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL  I ALWAYS GET A CHUCKLE OUT OF THE WORD: "CULT".   "EVERYTHING" IS A CULT, WHEN A GROUP OF PEOPLE DISAGREE WITH "YOUR" OWN BELIEFS.  LOL  IT IS SUCH AN OVERUSED WORD & A VASTLY MISUNDERSTOOD / MISCONSTRUED WORD. THERE ARE MANY TYPES OF ACTUAL CULTS. (I THINK THE WORD MUST MAKE PEOPLE FEEL SUPERIOR TO OTHERS WHEN THEY USE IT, OR SUMPIN'.  LOL )

IS THE RC RELIGION A CULT? IS ANY RELIGION A CULT? ARE ALL RELIGIONS A CULT? ARE FAITH BASED ORGANIZATIONS A CULT? (OH, I KNOW! "YEP, THEY ARE, IF THEY'RE NOT "MY" CHOICE OF FAITH."  LOLOLOL) 

THE GOOD LORD PLANTED THAT SEED OF GIFT IN EACH & EVERYONE OF US.... THE GIFT OF FREE CHOICE. THE FREEDOM TO CHOOSE TO DO WRONG OR RIGHT  ~ TO DISCERN TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY TO KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION. ( NOT THE "TRUTH FROM FACT", AS HAS BEEN STATED BY A VERY PROMINENT PERSON)

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2023/09/think-twice-before-saying-cult/

CARRY ON.   

By metmike - July 21, 2024, 12:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Trumps verbiage when he went off teleprompter suggests that this event will only further feed his narcissism and his divisive attacks will continue as well as his constant distortions of the truth.

However, I'll wait to hear him speak for  the next  few months to state that as a solid fact.

If it's not, then I'll credit him with changing.

++++++++++++++++++++=

Trumps first rally after the assassination attempt reveals that he's the same guy as before it.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Re: : Trump shot!!!!!!!                       

By metmike - July 21, 2024, 10:29 a.m.                       

Trump's first rally after the attempted assassination attempt revealed the same guy as before.

In his speech, he veered off the teleprompter and Trump repeatedly described Biden as a “stupid” and “low-IQ individual”.

Kamala is nuts and crazy. Nancy Pelosi is crazy. 

He continued to insist the 2020 election was stolen from him by the Ds and Biden.

One thing that has changed is that he has introduced a new narrative into his speech's in order to use the assassination attempt as a marketing strategy.

"I took a bullet for democracy"

Trump joined by Vance for rally, wastes little time in lobbing insults at Biden

https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/politics/2024/07/21/trump-vance-rally-michigan

As he returned back to the prompter, he returned to a statesman-like approach: "But now we go forward as one movement…it’s one movement, and we’re more united, determined, than ever before. We’ve never been so determined," he said.

Then, again, the shift.

"Bad things happened last time. We’re not going to let them happen, this time — bad, bad things happened," Trump said. The 2020 election, he said, was "rigged" by "radical left Democrats" — repeating an argument that has failed in many courts for lack of proof time and time and time again.

Joe Biden, is a "stupid president that we have, stupid, he’s a stupid person."

Nancy Pelosi, again, is "crazy as a bedbug."

By metmike - July 21, 2024, 12:14 p.m.
Like Reply

With Trump now resuming his unrelenting, divisive, PERSONAL attacks on his enemies, he's worn out his empathy period for me.

Re: Re: Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong with Trump            

By metmike - May 10, 2023, 7:39 p.m.            

People believe what they want to believe and what their sources tell them to believe. 

I base positions on proven laws of science, authentic facts and objective evidence........debunking conspiracy theories, disinformation, false narrative and fake news.

I welcome and encourage others to point out things that I have wrong on anything and if you have the facts, I'll adjust my position to dial that in. I want to learn, as well as share. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/94926/#95118

Trump does lie more than any other politician in history. Constant, eye rolling ridiculous lies that get worse each year because of his worsening mental illness.

Make no mistake, people. Donald Trump is mentally ill in a medically identifiable, clinically significant way. He should be getting in patient treatment in a medical facility or at least aggressive outpatient psychiatric care. 

Instead, he's leading the pack to run for president again in 2024 for the Rs. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiosity

In psychology, grandiosity is a nonnormative sense of superiority, uniqueness, or invulnerability. It may be expressed by exaggerated beliefs regarding one's abilities, the belief that few other people have anything in common with oneself, and that one can only be understood by a few, very special people.[1] The personality trait of grandiosity is principally associated with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), but also is a feature in the occurrence and expression of antisocial personality disorder, and the manic and hypomanic episodes of bipolar disorder

Measurement

Few scales exist for the sole purpose of measuring grandiosity, though one recent attempt is the Narcissistic Grandiosity Scale (NGS), an adjective rating scale where one indicates the applicability of a word to oneself (e.g. superior, glorious).[3]

Grandiosity is also measured as part of other tests, including the Personality Assessment for DSM-5 (PID-5), Psychopathy Checklist-Revised, and diagnostic interviews for NPD. The Grandiosity section of the Diagnostic Interview for Narcissism (DIN), for instance, describes:[4]

1. The person exaggerates talents, capacity, and achievements in an unrealistic way.
  2. The person believes in their invulnerability or does not recognize their limitations.
  3. The person has grandiose fantasies.
  4. The person believes that they do not need other people.
  5. The person overexamines and downgrades other people's projects, statements, or dreams in an unrealistic manner.
  6. The person regards themself as unique or special when compared to other people.
  7. The person regards themself as generally superior to other people.
  8. The person behaves self-centeredly and/or self-referentially.
  9. The person behaves in a boastful or pretentious way.

In narcissism

Grandiose narcissism is a subtype of narcissism with grandiosity as its central feature. Contrary to popular misconception even among psychologists, grandiose narcissism and "narcissistic grandiosity" are not interchangeable terms, with the latter referring to the subject of this article and the former referring to a type narcissism defined by grandiosity as well as social dominance, interpersonal exploitativeness, entitlement, disdainfulness, superficial charm, attention-seeking, and agentic extraversion.[3]

In mania

In mania, grandiosity is typically more pro-active and aggressive than in narcissism. The manic character may boast of future achievements[5]: 421  or exaggerate their personal qualities.[5]: 413 & notes 

They may also begin unrealistically ambitious undertakings, before being cut down, or cutting themselves back down, to size

+++++++++++

Donald Trump is the quintessential example of a person afflicted with this mental illness.

This very clever lady just used Trump's  mental illness, the biased courts and people's hatred of him to find in her favor. 

I share her and others personal view of  the despicable and worsening of Trump's pathological messages and lying but don't let it get in the way of authentic facts and evidence. 

+++++++++++++++++++++==

7-21-24: The fact that I plan to vote for Trump, while still feeling this way is an indication of how really, REALLY bad that Biden/Harris and the Ds are.

By metmike - July 21, 2024, 12:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Here's more, including me also stating that Trump has a "cult" and defining the tenets. 

One might debate whether this qualifies as a cult.  For instance, people like me that are NOT/NEVER Joe Biden and like Trumps agenda but see Trump as a despicable person are certainly not in a cult.

Usually, with cult leaders, there's little room for support, other than by those actually IN THE CULT.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trump off ballot in Colorado                        

By metmike - Dec. 20, 2023, 6:26 p.m.                      

Re: Re: around 200 trancripts released from jan 6th            

By metmike - June 17, 2023, 6:11 p.m.            

Tenets of the Donald J. Trump cult

1. Though shalt not criticize Donald Trump

2. Though shalt not disobey Donald Trump's orders

3. Donald Trump is ALWAYS a victim

4. Those that attack Donald Trump are evil and the enemy

5. The only way to defeat evil and "drain the swamp" is thru Donald Trump

6. The only way to salvation is thru Donald Trump

7. The 2020 presidential election was stolen from Donald Trump

8. When Republicans lose elections, the swamp and Democrats were cheating

New: 9.  On Jan. 6th 10s of thousands of  peaceful protesters came out to support President Trump. They were incited to riot by an FBI plant, Ray Epps. President Trump told them to be peaceful and even called thousands from  the National Guard that day for additional security but Nancy Pelosi called them off in order to frame Trump.

10. The violent/deadly riots in the Summer of 2020 that let most of the crimes go unprosecuted is evidence that people that committed crimes during the Insurrection attempt are innocent and being singled out because they support Donald Trump(victim narrative).

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/96365/#96370

11.  The January 6th Committee made up all the facts that were presented, even though the vast majority of their witnesses  were Republicans with accurate, verified evidence, none that were contradicted with credible information outside of the hearings.  

12. The judges are all biased against Trump.

13. Tucker Carlson holds one of the most esteemed, high priest positions in the cult and is considered to be another infallible source of information. This far right charlatan has built his own cult by using the same technique's and lies that Trump uses to capture far right brains...... even though his emails told  us how he really feels.......the truth that Tucker knows contradicts what he states for ratings so that he can lure the far right into tuning into his shows.  There are many others in the media especially at Fox,  like Mark the Charlatan Levin, Shaun Hannity, Jesse Watters and more. His far right R politicians are afraid to confront him and especially know that his enforcement means 10s of millions of votes. They all serve as his high priests to impose and enforce these tenets of his cult on tens of millions of Rs that tune in to hear their wishes come true every time they manufacture a fictional   world which always features the Rs and their agendas as the infallible heros trying to defeat the diabolically evil Ds and swamp that are trying to destroy our country and destroy Trump.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trump off ballot in Colorado                        

By metmike - Dec. 20, 2023, 6:32 p.m.                        

around 200 trancripts released from jan 6th            

By metmike - June 18, 2023, 2:18 a.m.                                                                               

https://tinyurl.com/mwyn4ywr

Hardcover Think BIG and Kick Ass in Business and Life Book

Was Donald Trump America's First Atheist President? | Opinion

https://www.newsweek.com/was-donald-trump-americas-first-atheist-president-opinion-1685586

As an adult, Trump rarely speaks of his religion. When pressed, he stumbles when asked about tenets of the Christian faith. This is, perhaps, because of his distaste for it. Trump biographer and author of The Big Cheat, David Cay Johnston told me, "In his book Think Big, Trump goes on for six pages denouncing Christians as 'fools,' 'idiots,' and 'schmucks.'"

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Trump knows exactly  how to exploit the people he considers "fools, idiots and schmucks" for his own self enriching objectives.

This survey below proves how effective this snake oil salesman has been at brainwashing people of faith.

More Republicans see Trump as ‘person of faith’ than Pence, Romney: poll

by Lauren Irwin - 09/27/23 3:10 

https://thehill.com/homenews/4226196-more-republicans-see-trump-as-person-of-faith-than-pence-romney-poll/

+++++++++++++

65% of Rs believe that Mitt Romney is not a person faith? Every one of them is dead wrong, as are the 48% of Rs that said the same thing about Mike Pence.

With regards to Trump, read the discussion at that link and look at his words from his book above. Even without that, one can see that he has the quintessential ANTI Christian philosophy in life by his actions and words.

What this shows, again is how people create worlds of what they  WANT TO BELIEVE. They ignore all the authentic facts and go to sources that grant their wishes of a manufactured world that lines up with everything they want to believe in.

They assign positive  traits to people and sources that tell them what they want to believe in.